Show us your failed meals!

Options
124»

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Can't sow you but the other week I had planned a healthy chilli, I used 99% ground turkey. Made a whole big pot, took a long time, it was disgusting, a hue waste of time money and salivation

Theres nothing worse than wasting food, I bet you we all excited too! I try to save my fails as much as poss
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I don't even have to cook things to royally screw it up... this was my Christmas 2012 attempt at warming up a pain au chocolat for my sister and I to have as our Christmas morning breakfast...

They were black the ENTIRE way through.

421343_2864092200589_2087622913_n.jpg
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't flip omelettes! Stick them under the grill to cook the top :)
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That easy two ingredient pancakes? It is one banana and two eggs, simple right? I guess I didn't slice the banana thin enough. It did not blend very well with the eggs. There were still chunks of banana in it, but I was hungry. It turned out to be scrambled eggs with bananas in it. I ate two bites and was done. I am afraid to try it again.
    I was just about to attempt to make some of these...definitely nervous now!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I don't even have to cook things to royally screw it up... this was my Christmas 2012 attempt at warming up a pain au chocolat for my sister and I to have as our Christmas morning breakfast...

They were black the ENTIRE way through.

That's depressing :laugh:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    That easy two ingredient pancakes? It is one banana and two eggs, simple right? I guess I didn't slice the banana thin enough. It did not blend very well with the eggs. There were still chunks of banana in it, but I was hungry. It turned out to be scrambled eggs with bananas in it. I ate two bites and was done. I am afraid to try it again.
    I was just about to attempt to make some of these...definitely nervous now!

Hint: only use one egg. 2 is way to runny. I had them this morning
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I used to have pictures, but now I can't find them. I tried to make chicken 'n' dumplings once...dear lord. I had the broth and soup mixture all ready and smelling good, then I plopped the dumplings on top. When I went to check on them after 10 minutes, THE DUMPLINGS EXPANDED TO TRIPLE SIZE! They ABSORBED my soup and didn't even cook.

I cried. I was so frustrated because I was a newlywed and wanted to make a really good dinner for my husband. He comforted me and confessed that he wasn't even a big fan of soup, so it was almost a relief to him. We had a big laugh and ate Taco Bell instead.

Ah, memories.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just attempted to make this: http://foodfitnessfreshair.com/2013/04/21/curried-sweet-potato-and-lentils/
    Think I possibly got confused with changing measurements from pounds and cups to ml and grams...hence the final product looking like a pile of green mush.
    30k7tdg.jpg
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Apparently the trick with omelettes is to put them under the grill to finish so they rise and go fluffy. Thats how the OH does it anyway and they're fab.

My fail this week was tofu burgers. I couldn't make that stuff tasty and they didn't stick together very well but stuck to the baking tray fabulously.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    My bloody crock pot is at it again!...this time it was the corned beef! good lord not the corned beef

It was so dry and flavourless..like seriously how is that possible! in a crockpot full of water!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I just attempted to make this: http://foodfitnessfreshair.com/2013/04/21/curried-sweet-potato-and-lentils/
    Think I possibly got confused with changing measurements from pounds and cups to ml and grams...hence the final product looking like a pile of green mush.
    30k7tdg.jpg

How did they taste?
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    haha great thread. My failures are always pancakes. If I stuff up the liquidity or use a crappy pan. DEAD. Still tasty but look terrible.

hahah yes pancakes are bad, Also I'm bad it corn fritters.

I have found another pic from a while go....This one makes me laugh every time i see it

7c3cd503-fca3-430b-8f54-4738a837bf1e_zps554ad961.jpg

edit: these were suppose to be gluten free chocolate chip berry muffins

In your defense, gluten free baking is a whole other animal. Nothing at all like regular baking unfortunately.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Started out like this

20130628_162451.jpg

Mid stronglady comp had semi melted so ended up eating like this :tongue:

20130629_111725.jpg