13»

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    adreal wrote: »
    Have you tried different kinds of coffee? Maybe you could try some flavored coffee or a milder blend?

I have tried instant and a mild breakfast blend. I just have to find something that will wake me up :)

Yall are an absolute trip on this post! Thank you for being fun.

Go to Trader Joe's if you're near one, they have loads of different kinds.

http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/coffee-character-field-guide

ETA: What I'm really saying is that the quality, roast and flavor of the coffee can make a very big difference.

new favorite TJ's link! thanks for the share!
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I use C4 pwo. It's pretty explosive

What is this?

C4 is a brand of pre workout.

It's pretty much got stimulants in it for that quick burst of energy.

The main ones are caffeine and beta-alanine. I'm pretty bad at explaining things so you're probably better off googling how they work :|

I have used the C4 before I just wasn't sure if the PWO was something different. it works but it didn't sustain on the longs runs. I have been on the Cardio Igniter for about 4 months and I am trying to cycle off of it so maybe i can feel it again. But I will keep looking :) and your explination was perfect.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Have you tried different kinds of coffee? Maybe you could try some flavored coffee or a milder blend?

I have tried instant and a mild breakfast blend. I just have to find something that will wake me up :)

Yall are an absolute trip on this post! Thank you for being fun.

Go to Trader Joe's if you're near one, they have loads of different kinds.

http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/coffee-character-field-guide

ETA: What I'm really saying is that the quality, roast and flavor of the coffee can make a very big difference.

Gotcha. I will look into some better roasts. I am sure that will help with flavor.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

How does burning 37 calories boost one's metabolism? How do you define "boosting metabolism"?[/quote]

I define boosting metabolism as reactions that occur in living organisms. I think everyone is missing the point that while 37 calories seems small add it up over a year. I drink over a gallon per day so around 3.7 liters thats over 120 calories i burn per day or 46,000 calories per year.

A study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that drinking water (about 17oz) increases metabolic rate by 30 percent in healthy men and women.