how much are you lifting??

Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    I’m nowhere near as strong as y’all. The below is for 5 reps, I don’t know my 1rm.

5’4”, 119lbs, female, bf% 22-24

OHP: 60lbs
    Bench: 70lbs (lol so weak)
    Power clean: 70lbs (yeah, my bench should be higher)
    Squat: 140lbs
    Deadlift: 175lbs

Just coming off my deficit now, so hopefully I’ll keep seeing improvement.

that's pretty strong for a girl eh??
    you are squatting and DL more than me...<feeling embarassed>

Let me give you a small bit of advice, don't tag on "for a girl" to a woman who lifts. It comes across as patronizing and it's one of the biggest complaints I've heard from my female lifting friends.

for a fact women have low testosterone levels than guys..More T levels equates to more progressive overload..which means comparing men and women is like apples vs oranges

what I meant in the above post was that while comapring her to the other women i know, her gains have been pretty impressive...nothing sexist in that

You can defend all you want but it's a backhanded complement to many. It's free advice on how to give a proper complement so do with it what you like.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    weight ----5'2''
    height----112 lbs.
    body fat--- unknown (estimated between 18 -20 %)

bench press- 75 lbs.
    shoulder press- 20 lb. DBs
    barbell curls- 15 lb . DBs
    squats - 40 lbs.
    deadlifts- 40 lbs.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Squat 120kg (I've had an explosion in my squat since my last full power meet, although currently battling injury)
    Bench 77.5kg
    Dead 167.5 (yes, I pull better on the platform than in the gym, as my coach says, I'm a competitor)

And the powerhouse shows up :flowerforyou:

What confuses me is, you're a girl, but your lifts put many guys to shame. Does that make them girls too?!
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited July 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Squat 120kg (I've had an explosion in my squat since my last full power meet, although currently battling injury)
    Bench 77.5kg
    Dead 167.5 (yes, I pull better on the platform than in the gym, as my coach says, I'm a competitor)

What confuses me is, you're a girl, but your lifts put many guys to shame. Does that make them girls too?!

What they do in the privacy of their own... Ops wrong forum! ;)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Squat: 446 (competition)
    Bench: 291 comp, 300 paused in gym a couple weeks ago.
    Deads: 440 comp, 460 gym last training block.

Bodyweight around 194-195.

5 weeks out from next comp, battling some hip issues though so not sure if I'll make it.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

I have a teammate where for me to squat an equivalent amount raw weight as her, I'd need a mind-numbing 222.5kg. She is the powerhouse, not me. I tend to only compare myself to powerlifters, not other gym goers.

• cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bodyweight currently at 215lbs after bulk @ 5'11"

Bench press (paused) - 320lbs
    Squat - 465lbs
    Deadlift - 460lbs
    OHP - 220lbs
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

Interesting how you jump on one person for saying "for a girl" yet not say anything about "what confuses me is, you're a girl..." Things that make you go hmmmm?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

Interesting how you jump on one person for saying "for a girl" yet not say anything about "what confuses me is, you're a girl..." Things that make you go hmmmm?

Its because he actually realized that she was being sarcastic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Female (obviously..I hope)
    Weight varied for these between low 150's and low 160's.

Gym:
    Squats - to below parallel: 285lb
    Paused bench - 160lb
    Deadlift - actually...I dont really max out unless at a meet - so 295lb x 5 or 315lb x 2.

Competitioin:
    Squats: 275lb
    Paused bench: 145lb (my meet nemesisi)
    Deadlift: 336lb (although it was an unsanctioned meet and had a slight dip so should have been red lighted imo) - so I would say my competition max is really 325lb when I was 147lb (and 18 freaking months ago)

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I’m nowhere near as strong as y’all. The below is for 5 reps, I don’t know my 1rm.

Let me give you a small bit of advice, don't tag on "for a girl" to a woman who lifts. It comes across as patronizing and it's one of the biggest complaints I've heard from my female lifting friends.

for a fact women have low testosterone levels than guys..More T levels equates to more progressive overload..which means comparing men and women is like apples vs oranges

what I meant in the above post was that while comapring her to the other women i know, her gains have been pretty impressive...nothing sexist in that

You can defend all you want but it's a backhanded complement to many. It's free advice on how to give a proper complement so do with it what you like.

The best advice is this: Don’t take advice and don’t give advice.

Perhaps you should take your own advice...
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb
    Deadlift - actually...I dont really max out unless at a meet - so 295lb x 5 or 315lb x 2.

Competitioin:
    Deadlift: 336lb (although it was an unsanctioned meet and had a slight dip so should have been red lighted imo) - so I would say my competition max is really 325lb when I was 147lb (and 18 freaking months ago)

7c69d842_e1f86cdd_4757-omg-so-amazing.gif

ETA: reaction for all actually, inspiring stats!
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do 5x5
    5'8" 305 lbs female. 48%bf I'm working on it...

Bench 125 lbs
    Squats I do timed, not weighted (bad knees) 3 sets of 30 seconds. About 63 squats
    OHP 8x3 at 60 lbs
    no deadlifts yet.

Will add weight to my squats as I lose more weight
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Your arrogance amazing.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

You must of have missed the dynamics between the two women involved it was sarcasm and I was playing on it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

How's the knee holding up?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Co-signed. Not a fan.

My stats (all are for 5 reps)

5'5", 149lbs

OHP: 75lbs
    Bench: 75lbs
    Squat: 110lbs
    Deadlift: 160lbs

I took a few weeks off for health issues, so I'm probably less now. Back to it next week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Your arrogance amazing.

*cough.....I would guess (whispering) overcompensating for something!
This discussion has been closed.