Low Carb Cereal

Options
Uhh so I'm not able to just measure out a cup of cereal that easily. It's my weak food. I doing iifym and my macros are c/p/f 197/143/62. I'm usually below in carbs by about 80g or so, but I like it like that. Makes me feel more accomplished. So anyway, anyone know of any cereals that are lower in carbs than most? It would be a pretty great dessert :)

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    There's a girl on here that you should get together with. She knows all about the cereals.
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    There's a girl on here that you should get together with. She knows all about the cereals.

Oh gosh. Gotta find her so we can eat all the cereals!! :trollface:
  • vichyswaaaaaaaa
    vichyswaaaaaaaa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm always under my carbs as well. I like Kashi Go Lean Crisp. 3/4 cup serving, 190 cal, 31 on carbs. Don't know if that's low or not, but it's good and filling for breakfast.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

:D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any. Most cereals are carbfests.
  • JeylineSS
    JeylineSS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've searched forever for low-carb cereal.
  • Serena795
    Serena795 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bran? It's great for making you go to the bathroom...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Looking for low carb cereals would be like looking for meat that isn't an animal. Cereals are grains which are carbs!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to think of anything that could loosely be considered cereal and is low-carb. I've come up with nothing.

Chicken soup without the veggies - chicken in broth - is about as close as I can come.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Looking for low carb cereals would be like looking for meat that isn't an animal. Cereals are grains which are carbs!

LOL So true! I try and avoid cereal, because I love it a little too much... The serving sizes are pathetic for the calories. I just can not have 45g of any cereal :huh:
    And for some reason if I have cereal, morning or night it makes me ravenous. Could be the high carb content, who knows??

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hold on, if you're doing IIFYM but you're usually 80g under on carbs, are you really doing IIFYM? Isn't the idea to hit your macros?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Hold on, if you're doing IIFYM but you're usually 80g under on carbs, are you really doing IIFYM? Isn't the idea to hit your macros?
    She feels accomplished when she's under her carb goals, and now she wants cereal that helps her accomplish that. If it was my mental gymnastics, I guess I'd just set my C 80g higher, enjoy cereal, and still be 80g under my planned amount.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    On a volume basis, something that's mostly air 1 serving of cheerios at least looks like a(small) bowl of cereal. 1 serving of most cereals looks like what I used to slurp out of the bottom of the bowl because it's too little to use a spoon.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    JeylineSS wrote: »
    I've searched forever for low-carb cereal.

Lol we'll have to just dream forever
  • Kriistabell
    Options

I figured if they could make protein bread there's gotta be some hope for a low carb cereal
  • Kriistabell
    Options

I'm no expert at all so I'm welcome to hearing what your take is on this, but I thought if your goal is to lean out while power lifting, hitting your protein goal was most important and staying under your fats and carbs were just fine. If I'm wrong I would be very happy to be because that means more cereal :smiley:
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    She feels accomplished when she's under her carb goals, and now she wants cereal that helps her accomplish that. If it was my mental gymnastics, I guess I'd just set my C 80g higher, enjoy cereal, and still be 80g under my planned amount.

But then my percentages wouldn't be ideal for power lifting. I want to build muscle and lose fat so I thought I was doing it right. Am i doing it wrongz?
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    I have one its called Hi-Lo Maple pecan and its got only 6g of carbs per 30g serving, 90 calories and 12g of protein

You are a winnnnnnnnerrrrrr!!!!!!! :lol: thank you!!