Girls, did your breasts shrink after losing a lot of weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, but "deflated" is a better description than "shrank."

Even though they're smaller, they look bigger when compared to the rest of body. I'm a M or L on the bottom, but a L and a couple XL still on top. The clothes that fit the girls are too big in the waist. When I'm done, I'll have to get things altered. I don't bother now because I go through sizes too fast to care.

I'm down 85 pounds, so far.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    My bra was too big within 2 WEEKS of starting on mfp!!! Ultimately, I went down 2 band sizes. My cup letter size is the same, but on a band 2 sizes smaller, it is essentially also 2 cup sizes smaller in comparison. They look small, and I go without a bra whenever possible, lol. It's so much easier to exercise without worrying about them flopping around:)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Mine went up a size.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    yea
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »

I started at ~175 pounds, 38C. Currently 125, 32DD. Proportional sports bras are harder to find now.

Try this bra. It's heavenly:

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/fiona-sports-bra/350003.html

And <$50 too?! THANK YOU
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes and AMEN 46DDD to 36C. Lost 100+ lbs, a good bra and I have it going on.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    "My boobs aren't small, they're low fat" I saw this somewhere and it made me LOL. I never had much until I got big (300+). Now that I'm down 135 lbs, they are long gone. After nursing 4 babies, "long" pun intended. My sister, on the other hand, was always a DD or more when she was smaller, and now that she is bigger she is an F. She does not lose cup size much when she gains or loses weight. It really does boil down to genetics. I guess you will just have to wait and see. :-)
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    What a good question. I've been wondering the same thing. I've lost 33 lbs. and am surprised that I'm still wearing the same bras as before I lost the weight. My pant and shirt sizes have gone down, but I haven't lost a lot off my breasts.
  • JessicaLSpinder
    JessicaLSpinder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes and AMEN 46DDD to 36C. Lost 100+ lbs, a good bra and I have it going on.

Yup, i'm 46DDD also. I hope they go down!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It depends on your tissues.. Mine were a full E now they're simply an E... So hardly any difference. I lost about 20-25 lbs though.
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I worked as a bra fitter for a short while, and in my experience most peoples band size will change with a big loss (30 lbs +), but not always the cup. The cup size will go down with every band size (So the total volume of the DD cup on a 32 band bra isn't the same total volume of a DD cup on a 38 Band), so often even though your breasts will be smaller, the cup size will shrink with your band size. You'll still have your C-cup breasts, but in a 32 band they'll be significantly smaller than they were in a C-cup 38 band.

That being said, my band shrinks when I lose weight, but my breasts don't. So they actually get "bigger" (but not really). 36F down to a 34G.

I actually wish I had smaller breasts. They look good in everything!
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Mine did when I lost about 25 pounds a year and a half ago...also I lose my booty, lol I have since gained it back :neutral: This time around I am doing more squats to hopefully prevent at least the booty loss. Not sure if you can do anything about the ta-ta's but I'd rather be thinner and have smaller ones than be overweight :smile:
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    KarlaH9801 wrote: »
    "My boobs aren't small, they're low fat" I saw this somewhere and it made me LOL. I never had much until I got big (300+). Now that I'm down 135 lbs, they are long gone. After nursing 4 babies, "long" pun intended. My sister, on the other hand, was always a DD or more when she was smaller, and now that she is bigger she is an F. She does not lose cup size much when she gains or loses weight. It really does boil down to genetics. I guess you will just have to wait and see. :-)

Bahahaha. I nursed three kids. Yes, I know what you mean "long" haha
  • mariadaniellemw
    mariadaniellemw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for 5 days and they have shrunk already always comes of my face and boobs first but will not move of the hips tum and but.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It took a while for me, but after a 40lb loss I went from 36C (what I always THOUGHT was my size at least) to a 34D. I tried on just about every size in that damn store and 34D fit me perfectly.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I have lost 87# and my cup & band size have both become smaller, but in proportion to my all over smallness they dont appear any smaller. I am reasonably tall at just under 5'8, hourglass'ish figure