• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    minizebu wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    i opened a jar in the store to sample it before i bought it,it was kinda yucky so i left it on the shelf!

Seriously? You just left a jar you opened and ate out of on the shelf for someone else to buy?

:noway: That would be pretty bad. Did you dunk your finger in there??

Sadly, I suspect that this could be true.

People actually do that in one of the grocery stores near where I work. It's absolutely disgusting!! And you've really got to check everything when you buy it to make sure someone hasn't been into it, sampling.

oh boy ! You'd hear me squawking in the next isle if I ever saw someone doing that in my local grocery store.
    Imagine getting home looking forward to your beloved peanut butter, and there was a dirty big finger full missing :open_mouth::sick:

There's just so many people who do it in that particular store.

At any given moment there will be someone standing at the cherries in the produce section, eating them and tucking the stones under the boxes ... next aisle over, someone is carefully opening a box of granola bars and removing a couple ... a few aisles over, someone is helping themselves to a smear of deodorant ... one yogurt in a 6-pack might be opened and half eaten ...

Like I say, it's absolutely disgusting!

Sometimes they have police roaming through ... quite frequently, there will be calls for cameras in aisle 6 or wherever ... but it doesn't seem to help. Some people are just pigs.

Yikes! Why do continue to give this store your business? If I witnessed something like that once, I would chalk it up to one person's inappropriate behavior. But if I witnessed it repeatedly, I would be so put off that I would go out of my way (and expense) to shop somewhere else where I felt like the management were appropriately responsive and the clientele were well behaved. I'd avoid going to the store near work and only go to stores near home that I've vetted for the above conditions.

The store is convenient. I don't drive, I walk, and it is within walking distance of work. I don't go there often, and I don't buy a lot there ... usually just a few items for my lunches.

I just know to check everything to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.

• KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This thread has opened my eyes - I always thought a lot of the tamper proof packaging was a bit excessive, obviously not. The only time I've ever open food packaging in a supermarket was, very rarely, to drink something and then taken the open (or empty) bottle up to the checkout and scan it with the rest of the groceries
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely be checking everything now! :disappointed: