week 1 down!

Options
maggiemay530
maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
Just weighed in after my 1st week on MFP and am down 4 lbs. YAY! (I know... water weight etc.) But YAY!
Logging in cals. has been an eye opener as to how much (or how little) I have been fueling my body ( keeping at or below ) and started walking twice a day plus increasing water intake.
Goals for the next week are to add more time on walks ( only up to 32 minutes @ 3mph / day )... Start light weights and take some measurements.
Thanks everyone at MFP for sharing your successes as well as hiccups along the way... Informative, wise advice and loads of encouragement along with some laughs.

Replies

• schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great job. One week at a time/one day at a time/one meal at a time - you've got this :)
  • Chaos_And_Butterflies
    Chaos_And_Butterflies Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job this week!! :smile:
  • stardavis1
    stardavis1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I'm about to hit my first week too . What an eye opener
  • Laura1667
    Laura1667 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just completing my first week (again). Have a lot of weight to lose and have to get cholesterol and glucose back within normal ranges.... We got this!!!
  • maggiemay530
    Options
    Thanks everyone... Best to all of you too! And YES... We got this!!!
  • gran975
    gran975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I set up my goals this evening, starting to log everything tomorrow. Looking forward to less of me! Does anyone worry about protein, carbs, etc or just attempting to reach calorie and exercise goal?
  • maggiemay530
    Options
    Just getting started here, so yes mainly concentrating on calorie and exercise goals but within that I am really limiting high glycemic index carbs like white potatoes, most breads, pasta, rice etc. I' found in the past that the weight does come off more quickly by doing that. (only 2 slices of bread in past 7 days) I stick with low glycemic index fruits and veg. which tend to have more fiber.

Now that you've mentioned this my carb and protein totals have been a bit (and some a lot) too low in my food diary... I guess that explains fatigue along with my previous long lived sedentary and poor diet lifestyle. I'm really glad you posed that question because now I will keep a closer eye on those. Thanx gran975!
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You definitely want to try and get your macros as close as possible, at least for fats, carbs and protein. Carbs ARE ok... just focus most of them before and after your workouts. Carbs are used for fuel, and they are also used to replenish glycogen stores in muscles AFTER working out. It's a common myth that they are the enemy... when in reality it's just that we OVER-EAT!
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well done you! A fantastic start. Keep going.
  • maggiemay530
    Options
    thanks for this info... Hanging in here and just beginning to really see where I was as far as food intake and the quality of that food... I can hardly believe I actually sustained life in how much garbage and empty cals I was eating!
  • ratts82
    ratts82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in after my 1st week on MFP and am down 4 lbs. YAY! (I know... water weight etc.) But YAY!
    Logging in cals. has been an eye opener as to how much (or how little) I have been fueling my body ( keeping at or below ) and started walking twice a day plus increasing water intake.
    Goals for the next week are to add more time on walks ( only up to 32 minutes @ 3mph / day )... Start light weights and take some measurements.
    Thanks everyone at MFP for sharing your successes as well as hiccups along the way... Informative, wise advice and loads of encouragement along with some laughs.

Well done!! I lost about 4 pounds in my first week then have lost a steady pound a week. I'm now on week 7 and the effort is well worth it. I started at 136, and now 130 and want to get to 125 so not far to go. Keep at it, time has helped me a lot!
  • healtheehappee
    healtheehappee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great 1st week! Keep up the excellent work
  • Dday0829
    Dday0829 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Logging in was an eye opener for me too! 4# in the first week is a great jump start! You will have good week weigh-ins and what you may consider not so good, but it will all add up! The food diary is great to fall back in for those "I thought I did good, what happened" weeks. Keep going and don't be discouraged!!!! My first week I lost 5#, the second was 1.2, which was kind of a bummer, but the main thing is I lost, didn't gain, or stay the same. Exercise will do wonders for your metabolism, so keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!