Low carb plans

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

What do you mean I didn't Burn that many calories in an hour!!??? Huh!??

My net intake is at 1400

"arms/back/shoulders/cardio 65 mins 760 calories". - perhaps half that would be realistic.

Forget "net", eat 1400. You have a way to go and can run a decent deficit.

I use a polar HR monitor. And I assure you. I kick my own *kitten*.

HR monitor don't work for strength training. I agree 760 cal burn is way off, about half of that.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    With carbs at 25-30g you will definitely go into ketosis. I'm sure you are already making lots of ketones.
    Do you know about the importance of sodium and electrolytes in general with low carb at this level? You need lots and lots of salt right now to prevent potassium loss.
    I'm assuming your BF is informed and this isn't news to you.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

My net intake is at 1400

"arms/back/shoulders/cardio 65 mins 760 calories". - perhaps half that would be realistic.

240 lbs, 760 calories/hr. Do you exercise at 170 bpm ? It's possible if you're reasonably aerobically fit but that number will be "gross" and needs 70-100 knocking off for your calories that MFP is already accounting for in your daily goals.

just pointing it out as it will potentially punch a hole in your deficit if it isn't right and you "eat it back".
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I don't understand why you are discouraged after losing 3 pounds in one week. That seems great to me.

This.

Your expectations are unrealistic.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

My net intake is at 1400

If that exercise is not steady state cardio your HRM is not giving you anywhere near an appropriate burn

Also 3lb in the right direction is a win

If low carb is working for you that's great...just keep it up
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

My net intake is at 1400

If that exercise is not steady state cardio your HRM is not giving you anywhere near an appropriate burn

Also 3lb in the right direction is a win

If low carb is working for you that's great...just keep it up

Thank you.
  • JacMarieSTL
    Options

My net intake is at 1400

240 lbs, 760 calories/hr. Do you exercise at 170 bpm ? It's possible if you're reasonably aerobically fit but that number will be "gross" and needs 70-100 knocking off for your calories that MFP is already accounting for in your daily goals.

just pointing it out as it will potentially punch a hole in your deficit if it isn't right and you "eat it back".

My HR stays between 155-165 throughout my work out. I keep it up during Interval training cardio, and in between each set of reps while strength training i do 10 squats alternating with 10 lunges to keep the heart rate up.

I don't "eat back"
  • yarwell
    Options
    I don't "eat back"

You are if you're using net calories - you said you were aiming for 1400 net and over 5 days you ate between 1750 and 2380 calories. Either that or I'm not understanding something.

• JacMarieSTL
    Options
    Some days are better than others... Ideally, I would like the net to be between 1400-1500 per day...

I usually eat between 1800-2200 per day before exercise.
  • yarwell
    Options
    My low carb experience was to eat around 1400 +/- 200 and take any extra deficit from exercise as a bonus if and when it happened.

Your net intake might be closer to maintenance than you think on some days. Good luck.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Unless you have a medical condition, restricting carbs is not required for weight loss. Eating fewer calories than you burn is all that is required.

OP has lost 120 lbs and been on MFP for 4 years.

Her profile indicates she weighed 235 pounds in January. . . .of 2011. OP it seems your numbers are somewhat distorted. I would suggest getting a better understanding of your caloric needs. Leave the HR at home unless you are doing steady state cardio, eat at a reasonable deficit and be patient. Starting at 350 pounds and weighing whatever you currently weigh is great progress. Best of luck.
  • JacMarieSTL
    Options
    My low carb experience was to eat around 1400 +/- 200 and take any extra deficit from exercise as a bonus if and when it happened.

Your net intake might be closer to maintenance than you think on some days. Good luck.

Thank you for the insight
  • JacMarieSTL
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    umayster wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Unless you have a medical condition, restricting carbs is not required for weight loss. Eating fewer calories than you burn is all that is required.

OP has lost 120 lbs and been on MFP for 4 years.

Her profile indicates she weighed 235 pounds in January. . . .of 2011. OP it seems your numbers are somewhat distorted. I would suggest getting a better understanding of your caloric needs. Leave the HR at home unless you are doing steady state cardio, eat at a reasonable deficit and be patient. Starting at 350 pounds and weighing whatever you currently weigh is great progress. Best of luck.

Thank you.