21 Day Fix

Options
Hey MFP!

I just started the 21 Day Fix program and I am looking for others who are doing the program too! Feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated :D I just got done with the Total Cardio Fix and it wasn't as bad as I thought :# My weakness is FOOD!

Summer

Replies

• max1mag2
    max1mag2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you like it so far? Thinking about getting it. Are you doing shakeology too?
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    max1mag2 wrote: »
    How do you like it so far? Thinking about getting it. Are you doing shakeology too?

@max1mag2 I like it so far! I am excited about the variety of workout videos, because I did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it got repetitive fairly quickly. No, I did not get the Shakeology, but I am thinking of buying some. My main goal with this program is to learn how to eat healthy with portion controls and daily workout routines. I truly want it to be a lifestyle change for me. A friend of mine just got done with the program and lost 12lbs!

• max1mag2
    max1mag2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have done the shred also and Turbo fire. Both are great programs and I have been wondering how the fix workouts compare. The nutrition part of it is great also. I started using this app though and that's been a huge help of keeping track of what I am eating. Good luck with the 21 days!
  • brooktini
    brooktini Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 and so far, so good! I'm getting used to just being sore everyday. :p I didn't buy the Shakeology either because I love eating real food too much. But, it is something I'd consider in the future. I bought the Fix and the Fix Extreme. I tried the Extreme DVDs and they are really hard - definitely have to follow the modifier!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't waste the money on shakeology.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    brooktini wrote: »
    I'm on day 11 and so far, so good! I'm getting used to just being sore everyday. :p I didn't buy the Shakeology either because I love eating real food too much. But, it is something I'd consider in the future. I bought the Fix and the Fix Extreme. I tried the Extreme DVDs and they are really hard - definitely have to follow the modifier!

@brooktini that's awesome! Have you seen any results as of yet?
  • summerdaze120
    Options

@DuckReconMajor have you tried Shakeology?

• jenja01
    jenja01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Love that you are so motivated and positive! You will do great with the program if you stick with it. :) I'm doing bodybeast and love it! I love my shakeology too. I noticed an increase in energy and alertness within my first few days of using it! I would totally recommend it. Such a high quality shake!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Shakeology is one of those things that you don't generally have to try to understand that it's a waste of money.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    At $4+ per shake, it's quite expensive and I don't see a benefit. Of course a friendly Beachbody coach will tell me all about why I must do Shakeology and how I can get a discount by becoming a Beachbody coach.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options

Shakeology is one of those things that you don't generally have to try to understand that it's a waste of money.

iMO if its seen on TV it's a waste of money, especially anything promoting weight loss. I don't get why people make it so complicated and so expensive and so inefficient for that matter. Keep it simple, keep it real.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    As stated earlier; my main goal with this program is to learn how to eat healthy with portion controls and daily workout routines. I truly want it to be a lifestyle change for me and not a quick fix... B)
  • carlypi314
    carlypi314 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good luck Summer! I did 21 Day Fix and I enjoyed it a lot. It def helped me get into the lifestyle change frame of mind whereas I always struggled with nutrition before. It is especially a great starter program since the workouts are only 30 minutes with modifier moves for every level and it makes the nutrition easy. I've recently started P90X3 and I am now just using MFP for my nutrition (I weigh and measure what I eat for a more accurate calorie intake). I never did the shakeology.
  • kte120
    kte120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 21 day fix tomorrow - looking forward to the structure and accountability. Would love to share recipes and tips.

I've used Shakeology before and in my opinion not a waste of money. It tastes far better than any other protein shake I've tasted. It's made from quality ingredients. I certainly don't believe it's any kind of miraculous thing - just a good tasting quality protein shake. There are others that are just as good - but I happen to like this one.

I find it interesting that people look on these boards just to find and comment on something they haven't tried and don't believe in. I say to each his own - whatever works. If there was one magic fix we'd all be fit and healthy and there would be no obesity! Just my two cents. Good luck to all in your journey.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Holy Batman, the sales pitches!!!!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    And so it begins with the multi level marketing!
  • lsmorgan21
    lsmorgan21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the 21 Day Fix, but have't started yet. We are going on vacation a week from this Monday. I'm excited to start and a little overwhelmed in the planning of my meals. That is my weakness, I need to get some menu ideas.

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I like 21 DF have done a round and looking to do another one. I have tried shakeology chocolate and currently have vanilla. I kick myself for getting it in a challenge pack that I got back in January be to me it's not that great. In order to use it I mix half a scoop with a half scoop of my regular whey protein. To each their own. I personally won't buy it again. I'll stick with my current protein and make my our shakes.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    carlypie84 wrote: »
    Good luck Summer! I did 21 Day Fix and I enjoyed it a lot. It def helped me get into the lifestyle change frame of mind whereas I always struggled with nutrition before. It is especially a great starter program since the workouts are only 30 minutes with modifier moves for every level and it makes the nutrition easy. I've recently started P90X3 and I am now just using MFP for my nutrition (I weigh and measure what I eat for a more accurate calorie intake). I never did the shakeology.

@carlypie84 thanks for the encouragement Carly! I am a pretty active person, but my nutrition is horrible. I think the 21 day fix will help me recognize my portion controls and healthy options I should be eating more of every day.

• summerdaze120
    Options
    lsmorgan21 wrote: »
    I have the 21 Day Fix, but have't started yet. We are going on vacation a week from this Monday. I'm excited to start and a little overwhelmed in the planning of my meals. That is my weakness, I need to get some menu ideas.

@lsmorgan21 Good luck! Planning meals and cooking in general is one of my weaknesses as well :(