21 Day Fix

Options

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    kte120 wrote: »
    I'm starting 21 day fix tomorrow - looking forward to the structure and accountability. Would love to share recipes and tips.

I've used Shakeology before and in my opinion not a waste of money. It tastes far better than any other protein shake I've tasted. It's made from quality ingredients. I certainly don't believe it's any kind of miraculous thing - just a good tasting quality protein shake. There are others that are just as good - but I happen to like this one.

I find it interesting that people look on these boards just to find and comment on something they haven't tried and don't believe in. I say to each his own - whatever works. If there was one magic fix we'd all be fit and healthy and there would be no obesity! Just my two cents. Good luck to all in your journey.

I am using shakes to cut calories and I can tell you the stuff they use to promote things like shakeology (or the brand I'm using) is pure rubbish. They don't promote healthy weightloss. They don't promote long term weightloss and they certainly don't teach you proper nutrition. You don't need to have tried snake oil to know it doesn't work long term. The argument you have to have tried it to have an opinion is also rubbish. I don't want to get punched in the face. I don't have to have tried it to have an opinion about that.

For those about to ask I'm doing Intermittent Fasting and the shake I'm using is just to help me get my nutrition in on my low cal days. That's it.
  • kte120
    kte120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 21 day fix tomorrow - looking forward to the structure and accountability. Would love to share recipes and tips.

I've used Shakeology before and in my opinion not a waste of money. It tastes far better than any other protein shake I've tasted. It's made from quality ingredients. I certainly don't believe it's any kind of miraculous thing - just a good tasting quality protein shake. There are others that are just as good - but I happen to like this one.

I find it interesting that people look on these boards just to find and comment on something they haven't tried and don't believe in. I say to each his own - whatever works. If there was one magic fix we'd all be fit and healthy and there would be no obesity! Just my two cents. Good luck to all in your journey.

I am using shakes to cut calories and I can tell you the stuff they use to promote things like shakeology (or the brand I'm using) is pure rubbish. They don't promote healthy weightloss. They don't promote long term weightloss and they certainly don't teach you proper nutrition. You don't need to have tried snake oil to know it doesn't work long term. The argument you have to have tried it to have an opinion is also rubbish. I don't want to get punched in the face. I don't have to have tried it to have an opinion about that.

For those about to ask I'm doing Intermittent Fasting and the shake I'm using is just to help me get my nutrition in on my low cal days. That's it.

I agree with you completely - that was the point I was also trying to make - it isn't magic! I like the flavor of the Shakeology and am using it but I certainly don't believe the hype or that it's anything other than another shake option. It's one of the more palatable for me personally as I find it doesn't have the real strong Stevia aftertaste that others do. It's certainly no miracle but it is convenient for me in the morning when I'm running out the door, and I like the taste. I have little tolerance for the multi-level marketing aspect, I'm not a coach, do not have a coach, and have no interest in getting one or becoming one! I simply go online and order my Shakeology and workout DVDs for myself.

My concern is not so much with the fact that people haven't tried things and then comment, its a concern that there seems to be people out there who are jumping on boards just to attack something without any positive comments. I appreciate the fact that we are all doing different things and I like to hear peoples opinions, both positive and negative. If there's a reason behind someone's opinion, then it's great to share - that's why we're all here! Where I get worried is where there are people who don't offer anything other than a one line attack - I'm just seeing that so much on MFP recently and I think we're all here together to share and offer support, not attack anyone's choices. Some of the posters have a long history of saying nothing but one line negatives about everything - I'd love to know what they are doing that works for them since they dislike everything !!
  • kte120
    kte120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Holy Batman, the sales pitches!!!!

Where's the sales pitch? I saw someone ask if people are using Shakeology and a bunch of people answering? Not sure where anyone tried to sell anything? Maybe I missed something!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

I agree with you completely - that was the point I was also trying to make - it isn't magic! I like the flavor of the Shakeology and am using it but I certainly don't believe the hype or that it's anything other than another shake option. It's one of the more palatable for me personally as I find it doesn't have the real strong Stevia aftertaste that others do. It's certainly no miracle but it is convenient for me in the morning when I'm running out the door, and I like the taste. I have little tolerance for the multi-level marketing aspect, I'm not a coach, do not have a coach, and have no interest in getting one or becoming one! I simply go online and order my Shakeology and workout DVDs for myself.

My concern is not so much with the fact that people haven't tried things and then comment, its a concern that there seems to be people out there who are jumping on boards just to attack something without any positive comments. I appreciate the fact that we are all doing different things and I like to hear peoples opinions, both positive and negative. If there's a reason behind someone's opinion, then it's great to share - that's why we're all here! Where I get worried is where there are people who don't offer anything other than a one line attack - I'm just seeing that so much on MFP recently and I think we're all here together to share and offer support, not attack anyone's choices. Some of the posters have a long history of saying nothing but one line negatives about everything - I'd love to know what they are doing that works for them since they dislike everything !!

I don't have to try Shakeology to know that it is, at best, a mediocre product sold via a MLM program. I can also look at the listed price and determine that at over $4.30 per shake, I can get a protein supplement and multivitamin at a fraction of the price.

A simple calorie deficit has lost me over 20 pounds in the past couple months and it will lose me at least 40 more. Using MFP for free has helped me maintain it. No gimmicks, no MLM, no coaches trying to upsell me.
  • brooktini
    brooktini Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've never had any coach try to sell me anything. I ordered the kit online with my prime account. I did register on their site to track workouts but I use MFP for everything - workouts and food.

For those who have completed at least one round: did you do the doubles option? That's my goal and I'm anxious to push myself to do it plus walking/running I do on my own.
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    @brooktini I am on W1D3 and have been doing the single day workouts. Keep us updated how your results with the double workout days! I was thinking of doing doubles for the second and third weeks; if I am not too sore from my other workouts.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't waste the money on shakeology.

@DuckReconMajor have you tried Shakeology?

Shakeology is one of those things that you don't generally have to try to understand that it's a waste of money.

My little sis is a brand new baby BB coach, so I've tried it (for free) and I agree. It's a total waste of money. Just eat real food at a deficit and save that money for some cute new clothes. :)
  • SnozzberryJuice
    SnozzberryJuice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started mine today ! I skipped the Shakeology and went with Body Lab. I'll see how that goes for this week and if I don't like it, I'll take out the shake in general and replace it with an extra protein.

I have to try out the workouts, as mine will be done tonight ! But let's do this !
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Everything old is new again.

21 day fix is simply a rip-off of Weight Watcher old exchanges program (which was later ripped off by Richard Simmons Deal A Meal).......only with 21 Day Fix you get some very expensive tupperware and exercise videos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I commend all of you for jump starting in the best way for YOU! (I skipped over the basher comments) o:)
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    I just started mine today ! I skipped the Shakeology and went with Body Lab. I'll see how that goes for this week and if I don't like it, I'll take out the shake in general and replace it with an extra protein.

I have to try out the workouts, as mine will be done tonight ! But let's do this !

@SnozzberryJuice what did you think of the workout?! Today is day 5 for me :smile: Cardio Fix!

• amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Impatiently waiting....ready to join. Is there a group on MFP or fb that I can follow.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    amandal15 wrote: »
    Impatiently waiting....ready to join. Is there a group on MFP or fb that I can follow.

@amandal15 I am not sure if there is a group...If you find one, please share it with us :smiley:
  • faithgirlfl
    faithgirlfl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 -- LOVE IT!!!
  • SnozzberryJuice
    SnozzberryJuice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @summerdaze120 I was actually able to keep up, which kind of bummed me out. I did 3 reps of the original Insanity workout, so the slower pace of 21 Day has me questioning the results I want.

I may go for Insanity MAX 30 with the eating plan of 21 Day.
  • Jill814
    Jill814 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i start in a week! feel free to add me....
  • courtneymarie02323
    courtneymarie02323 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How how how how is working out and dieting a SCAM? ) lol I don't get it!! That's the number 1 way to lose weight. They give you a diet plan they give you exercise yet it's not good and not worth it? Don't knock it till you try it people have lost a LOT of pounds using these products
  • MWojdak
    MWojdak Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started 21 day fix this week. I have not done any of the workouts do to bad back and knees, but I have been walking, biking, and other workouts that are within my limits.
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There's a 21 day fix group if you're interested .... it's designed for users of the program, not really coaches making a sales pitch.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    chesves wrote: »
    There's a 21 day fix group if you're interested .... it's designed for users of the program, not really coaches making a sales pitch.

Is this group here on MFP? I searched for one but was unable to find it for the 21 Day Fix.