why so many LOOSE ppl here?

Options
13»

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    As we are in the age of texting, we're probably lucky when the words are even spelled out :laugh: If I understand what they are saying I don't really care that they use the wrong word. Actually my pet peeve is "ain't", I dislike the use of that word written or spoken.

I care when the wrong words are used, because if they are misspelled frequently enough, people will begin thinking it is "okay" to misspell them again and again. Eventually, the correct spelling is entirely ignored, leaving me to assume that nobody gives a freakin' flip about proper grammar, spelling and punctuation anymore.

I teach ELA and trust me, the grammar mistakes on here drive me crazy. EVERYONE should have a basic understanding of grammar rules and know how to use them properly. And the whole "It's just a message board, it's not really important to me" line of thinking is just a poor excuse for being too lazy or too rushed to care.

Ticker says "No Whining"...and yet ^^^....hmmm. Something is afoot.

:drinker: My thoughts exactly!

HA! Good catch! I should edit my ticker to include: "No Whining About Stupid, Pointless Stuff"
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    owat eaver. Eye steal cane camunicate weeth bad spealling. En Beefour da lack!

I cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht i was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
    The reset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lterter by istelf, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig eh? And I awlyas tohghut slpeling was imporantt…! And for thsoe of you wtih mroe tmie tahn ohrets, you wlli ntocie taht not olny are msot of the wrosd a mses but smoe of tehm are cpmlpoetley msiseplt awslel…!

409619_433177753422939_1717059707_n.jpg

That cartoon is awesome in its awesomeness.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Oh god..My husband does the ALL THE TIME. It really irks me and I try to delicately correct him to no avail. I am not sure what the confusion is with it. It seems rather straight forward to me!
  • DangerousDoug42
    DangerousDoug42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am loose cuz loosing weight makes me horny.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    It's to funny when people right loose vs. lose.

Don't see the problem. I launched my fat over my garden fence using a trebuchet. Your point?
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah this made my day. :noway: :bigsmile:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    That is the number one thing that annoys me about MFP is when people use "loose" instead of lose. UGH!

it isn't just here, it is everywhere! I never correct anybody but I do shake my head that it is such a common thing to see

There are two things that annoy me more than the "lose" and "loose" debate: the overuse of the word "like", and the vocal fracture that women (more often than men) use at the end of their sentences. It is a nasally, elongation of whatever the last two to three words are of their sentences. And when someone puts these two things together (like and vocal fracture), it is like fingernails on the chalkboard to me.

Example: "I'm, like, soooooo annnoyyyyyed right nowwwwww". UGH!
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You're the FIRST person to make this thread...

lena.gif

BUT they still DO IT!!!

When you LOSE weight your pants are LOOSE!!

what-up.gif

Exactly. We wouldn't need this thread popping up if people would just PAY ATTENTION. Lol!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with loose people...I love loose people...

tumblr_m7f6d1ub8Y1qzr9qko1_500.gif

I really love myself a nice, loose Michelle Jenneke...wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It's to funny when people right loose vs. lose.

It is TOO funny. Right? I hate when people mess up with language. We should, like, TOTALLY chastize them to feel better about ourselves. Do you agree with that TOO?
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    It is TOO funny. Right? I hate when people mess up with language. We should, like, TOTALLY chastize them to feel better about ourselves. Do you agree with that TOO?

tumblr_m7rx0nMz481ry2rcco1_500.gif
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Or 'to' vs. 'too', or 'right' vs. 'write'. ; )

tumblr_mer6oyZqOm1rxf6yzo1_500.gif

????????
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Came here looking for "loose people" leaving disappointed. :ohwell: :yawn: