What do you do after work out?

Options
So I'm new to this. I just had a really good work out and I don't know what to do with myself, I'm literally just laying here. It feels so good my hearts is still going, I'm sweating like crazy... But it also feels wrong like I should be up and doing a longer warm down or something,
What do you guys do after a work out??

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Shower
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Eat cake
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I stretch for a good 10-15 mins and start by incorporating yoga poses on the mat then slow down to some standing stretches. Afterwards, I walk home from the gym and shower and make sure to drink lots of water.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I shower and then log my stats in an Excel spreadsheet. I keep track of weather conditions, BP once a day, calories consumed and burned etc. After I update the spreadsheet, I look over my Polar flow workout results.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    10 min walk. Stop at grocery store if needed. I am motivated to buy healthy food after working so hard. Then post workout snack and sometimes bath into new jetted tub.
  • dianamajano
    dianamajano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I stretch for a good 10-15 mins and start by incorporating yoga poses on the mat then slow down to some standing stretches. Afterwards, I walk home from the gym and shower and make sure to drink lots of water.

YOGA... Yes, that's a great idea! Thanks I'll start doing that sound like a great, relaxing, warm down.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    shower and get ready for the day - I generally work out first thing in the morning.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Shower and go to work
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    JPNVZ wrote: »
    screw GF. who doesn't do that? Stank as all get out. Lol.

with the frequency and nature of your posts, there's no one here who believes you actually have a girlfriend.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Usually drive home, shower, and go to work, but the 10-15 minutes stretch plus yoga seem like an amazing idea
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Either eat dinner, grocery shop, or have a snack and look at the forums.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    JPNVZ wrote: »
    screw GF. who doesn't do that? Stank as all get out. Lol.

well you don't, your posts are 10/10 not funny.
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bask in my glory>check emails>talk to business partner>log stats>post a status or 2>post some comments>bask some more>shower>work>post some more comments>eat
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Usually it is: feel accomplished as f***, start coffee maker, upload Garmin data, post to monthly running challenge thread, update gear and make notes on Garmin site, check email and casually Interwebz while I wait to stop sweating, then make coffee, take shower, drink coffee, eat breakfast, mess around on Interwebs..... and then quickly rush to get ready and get to work on time.

Unless it's a long Sunday run, then it's: update all the things, eat all the foods, drink all the drinks, then a long shower followed by an even longer nap.
  • colleen_mairead_xo
    colleen_mairead_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Take a picture of myself, lol. The past couple of days i've even posted them on facebook, keeps me accountable. Drink a bunch of water, shower, read a book outside. (:
  • Keklepke
    Keklepke Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Shower

:D
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Do some stretches and yoga poses, protein shake, check my HRM and log my calorie burn, shower and eat.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Take a few flexing selfies, pound some more water, shower, go to work...etc.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Eat. ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Eat. ;)

I can not believe I left that out. I usually cook up some eggs and vegetables with hot sauce after my shower and drink a protein shake and have coffee!