Do you guys eat your exercise calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I generally don't, but I will if exercise means I'm netting under 1200. And even then, I only eat back about half at most since I use MFP's calorie estimates.
  • Unrated57
    Unrated57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do most days.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Depends how much im burning, whether im hungry. I prefer not to run large deficits.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yes, almost all of them.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I eat back a good portion of them. I have a personal guideline to net at least 1200 a day (my calorie goal is 1460).
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat any while I was l losing. When I started trying to maintain, I switched to TDEE so I am trying to now, just not explicitly.
  • quackers82
    quackers82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I try not to, then on the app i go to Nutrition on the Diary page. It tells me how many calories i am net under for the last 7 days, then if say at the weekend and I'm going out i know i have a piggy bank of saved calories so if i do go over that day i don't care i just touch my savings. Works for me and allows me to not feel like i cannot go out for a meal because i cannot know how many calories are in a meal when I'm not preparing it.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If I eat back my exercise calories, I don't lose weight. If I don't eat them back, I lose weight.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    NO!!! I tried eating them back for about a month, and the weight loss trend line went flat. I am short 5'2'', and after reading some info on the not so average hieght people of the world, I will only eat back workout calories for maintenance.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Up to half. I know MFP overestimates, so that's why.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Depending if I'm hungry, I'll eat 50% or so back, sometimes I eat them all back, especially if it's a weekend
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Not always. I set up my meal plans so that I am eating bigger meals on the days I work out so that without the workout I'm close to my calorie goal. If I'm still hungry late in the evening, I may eat back half (at most) of the calories I've burnt.
  • julaynem
    julaynem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the input.