Anyone do CrossFit?

Options
I am back with My Fitness Pal after about a year break! Been doing CrossFit for about 3 1/2 months. Need to watch my calories because I don't have good portion control!

Replies

• jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, love it! There is a group called CrossFit Love you should checkout.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been doing CrossFit since March. I love it! The WODs are always hard but I find them fun. The community at the box I go to is great.

I find that I am not losing weight and very little in inches. I think I actually need more cardio then I am getting at the box so am trying to figure out how to fit biking into my routine (I can not run so that is out, I power walk if the WOD calls for running).

jbuck93 - I couldn't find that group?
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm starting OnRamp in August! I can't wait! I have 160lbs to lose! I can't find the CrossFit group though...
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do Crossfit and lost 45 lbs but that was mainly by watching my calories. Crossfit alone was not enough. Of course this meant I could not lift as much as others but I am pretty good at body weight exercise like burpees, planks, push ups.
    There are other members who are upset because they cannot lose weight. It's because they are not watching their portions/calories and still have an unhealthy relationship with food.
    Not sure if you have weight to lose...just wanted to share my experience!!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    JayMri wrote: »
    I have been doing CrossFit since March. I love it! The WODs are always hard but I find them fun. The community at the box I go to is great.

I find that I am not losing weight and very little in inches. I think I actually need more cardio then I am getting at the box so am trying to figure out how to fit biking into my routine (I can not run so that is out, I power walk if the WOD calls for running).

jbuck93 - I couldn't find that group?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/99-crossfit-love