Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Usually, just one to three cups of coffee with about three ounces of milk added in per cup. If it's hot coffee, about a teaspoon of honey or sugar per cup.

A piece of fruit. Whatever ripened in the garden overnight (this morning, two cherry tomatoes). Two or three over medium eggs. Leftover veggies from dinner instead of fruit. Almond flour pancakes. A bagel or two.

If I'm headed to the gym right after taking the kids to preschool, just the coffee. If I'm headed to school, a couple hard-boiled eggs and a portable fruit or veggie (banana, apple, carrots, celery, etc). If I'm headed home, fried eggs and whatever produce I have. If it's the weekend, more eggs, sometimes pancakes or waffles or bagels.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A piece of Trader Joes wild blueberry pie and coffee. One of the best breakfasts I've ever had lol.
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast? I am always looking for new ideas

1 cup of steel cut oats w/honey and berries
    1 protein shake with almond milk
    2 fried eggs
    1 banana

That's what I go with M-F it's pretty easy and I'm not a morning person lol.
    Weekends are different I'm a little more lax, a normal weekend is

2 fried eggs
    2 pieces of toast
    Yogurt
    4 pieces of turkey bacon
    1 bowl of mixed fruit
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

i love blueberry frosted mini wheats. they are delicious! a grilled cheese sandwich also makes a nice breakfast.

• blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Shredded Brussels sprouts sautéed with bacon and roasted sweet potatoes. So good!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats with 50% less sugar Craisins, chopped pecans and skim milk most days at home.

I work nights 3 nights a week and eat a Brothers All Natural Fruit & Oat Cup (ordered from Amazon) before I leave work. Once I get home I will have a Greek Yogurt before going to bed.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Quaker oats
    1/2 scoop whey
    serving blueberries
    2 egg whites + yolk.
    8 ozs milk.

Close to as perfect nutritionally as you can get....but probably need to add a little healthy fats like a 1/4 of an advocado.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

this morning: pizza-frittata with tomato sauce and cheddar; banana with yogurt and some liquid caramel

• leahwhite97
    leahwhite97 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have Greek yogurt with fruit and a small amount of granola or I have a caramel rice cake at 35 calories, sometimes topped with peanut butter and bananas!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    1 cup lucerne protein plus fat free milk
    1.5 cups protein special K
    1 cup blueberries
    dusting of splenda

several cups of coffee (as per usual)
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am experimenting with different homemade overnight oats ideas, this morning I had Cocoa Chia overnight oats with a base of cooked softened apples at the bottom. I like to eat mine warm, so it tasted like a chocolate touched apple pie.

Always coffee and a bit of foamed milk.

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I had two Vans multigrain waffles with a serving of Jif Whips Whipped Peanut Butter & Salty Caramel, 60g banana slices, cinnamon, and Walden Farms pancake syrup. If I wasn't at work, I would've eaten it with my eyes closed, moaning. It was that good. :smile: One of my favorite breakfasts to have in the office.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Greek yogurt, berries, Fiber One cereal and sliced almonds (protein, fat and fiber).

This is what I had, except replaced the yogurt with full fat cottage cheese. YUM!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Another favorite breakfast of mine came from the MFP Blog. I take one whole grain tortilla (I use the low carb variety) and dip it into two eggs, scrambled up. I then brown it on both sides in a non-stick or sprayed frying pan. Remove from pan, place flat on a plate and cook the remainder egg omelet style. Lay the omelet on top of the tortilla and spread wth low fat cream cheese or a Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge. Fill with berries and roll up lke a crepe. Serve with sugar free syrup if desired or a dusting of powdered sugar. Decadent! Sometimes I save calories by using egg beaters or one whole egg and two egg whites instead of whole eggs. You can fill it wth anything. I may try Nutella and a banana next time time. B) Great treat for a day off or a weekend.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat English muffin with natural peanut butter and strawberry jam! With a cup of coffee, of course ;P Mmmm
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    One egg and 6 Tbsp egg whites, scrambled with 1 Tbsp of milk and 28 grams of feta cheese. Absolutely delicious.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    2-egg omelet with zucchini, spinach, and feta, chicken on the side, and an apricot.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Krave choco roulette cereal.

Nice to eat, and a game at the same time.