How long has it taken you to lose your weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 120 days and 28lb down - it's coming off quite slow now but I'm not too worried about that as my body is 'firming' up and I'm 100% fitter than I was mid February when I started. I'm working on being at my goal weight by Christmas - another 21lb - as I want to be able to sustain my exercise and weight once I'm at goal, not find the weight creeping back on because I've got a regime I can't live with.

1200 calories work for some and you've done really well to lose 7lb in 20 days but if you're miserable doing it, then it's not going to work for you for much longer. Up your calories a bit and make good food choices so you feel fuller - in the long term it will work out a lot better even if the results aren't instant.

Good luck :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs. in about 135 days, which is about right. I don't want to lose it faster than that.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    38 lbs since January this year, slow but steady
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have lost 86.5 lbs in 13 months. Still have a few to go too. I have noticed that the closer I am getting to my goal, the longer it's taking the weight to come off and of course this irks me to no end, but I have to keep on keeping on. I weigh everyday (yes, I know...shame on me) and I have been up and down the same 2-3 pounds for the past 3 weeks :explode: Going to have to change things up again I suppose.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm sure somebody else has told you to eat more. If not, eat more.

I'm down to 134 from 191 starting on Jan 2nd. I was at a standstill for a while then I started a very physical job and started losing again, though I eat more now than I did. It's much slower now, but as I've only got 14 pounds to go instead of 71, I'm okay with that.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    first of all I think 7 lbs in w 3 weeks is great. You don't want to lose it to fast. I had mine set to 1 lbs a week and in the first month I lost 8.4 lbs. Month 2 it was 17 lbs and month 3 it was 26. In 4 months I lost 32 lbs. Since September I have lost 55 lbs. I never ate 1200 calories. The lowest I ate was 1220 and I thought it was to low for me and put it up to 1300. When I hit a Plato I put it up to 1500. even at 1220 I wasn't hungry all the time. I fine that as long as I balanced it out so I had snacks I never went to bed hungry. If your hungry put it up a little you will still be at a deficit. Or put it at 1 lbs a week instead of 2.
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    I started Feb.1st. and have lost 36 lbs. It's true, one to two pounds a week is average, but a lot depends on your metabolism, activity, diet, and of coarse how much you cheat! Hey we all do it, so don't take offence! There are people who drop 40-50 lbs in 3 months, but the majority of those folks end up putting it all back on again. It's not so much how much you can loose in a given amount of time, as it is how can you change your way of life to keep the weight off! Once you find out what works, and you do have to "play around with it", you have to make the life style changes to keep it off.

Age is another factor. I can not burn calories like I did when I was 30 years younger, when I should have been burning fat! Now I'm old and fat, trying to get thin or at least loose enough to allow me to do things with my grand kids.

So "hang in there" find your "rhythm" and stick to it. The weight will come off!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I lost 85.5 lbs in about 9 & 1/2 months. I used , and will continue to use South Beach as a way of eating. I'm 50 years old, 5'5", and 129 pounds. In the past I had success with Weight Watchers, but was never able to get to this weight (could only ever get to 143-144 lbs). Then when I stopped counting "points", eventually I would gain the weight back. Cutting out sugar and white flour has been key for me. Now that I've lost the weight, I do allow myself a treat on the weekends.