Someone thought I was hot... I'm offended!!

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    There are varying degrees of this sort of thing. There are a few bat**** crazy chicks who post very revealing photos and then get all shocked and shaken when someone notices. But for the most part, the complaints I see are typically related to PMs. I would never start a thread about how pissed I am that someone sent me a crude PM. I would just delete it and block the sender. But having been on the receiving end of some pretty vile PMs, I understand why women are frustrated by this sort of thing. It is a nuisance, and we shouldn't have to put up with it just because we want to add a progress photo of ourselves in a bikini.

It is also annoying how SOME men tend to absolve themselves of any responsibility for their comments by hanging their intentions on the altar of paying someone a compliment. "Oh, if you didn't want to be complimented, you shouldn't have that picture up." There's a difference between "You look great" and inappropriate sexual innuendo toward someone who is a total stranger to you. The former is a compliment; the latter is not.

If you have a woman on your FL, with whom you've established a very flirty rapport, and you know she's okay with those sorts of comments, then go right ahead and make them. But you can't just assume that every woman on this site who has a photo of herself in a bikini wants to read overtly sexual comments about her body.

I'm single, I feel better about my body than I ever have in my life, and I fully admit that actual compliments (even flirty ones) make me feel great. But I have no interest in getting a PM that describes in graphic detail all the things the sender would like to do to me. I would venture to guess that most of the men on here have no clue how often that happens to the women here.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    It's not attention that's the problem.

It is too much attention of the wrong kind.

Being very attractive is a complete pain in the *kitten*...apparently.

It must be such a burden for you...

Are you saying I look like a donkey? A common beast of burden?

How very dare you!

I, for one, find donkeys rather uncommon.

Can we leave your fetish out of this please and thank you.

:embarassed:
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I think you misunderstand.

It's not that women get offended that you think they're hot. It's what you do about it. Creeper messages are usually unwanted. So are FR's that tell you they want to be your friend because you're hot. Sometimes women want to be treated like people and friended because they are funny or engaging or whatever else.

^^^
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    le sigh, first off I never worry about this because I never get anyone telling me hot I am. If they did, I would certainly take it as a compliment.

I am always a little weary to hand out compliments to people who I haven’t conversed a lot with, as it always sounds creeperish to me.

Now, in RT at the gym or crossfit, I don't hesitate to throw complements out to the hotties, you never know when you might get lucky!! LOL.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.

Unless it's something pervy like..."Please mail me your used granny panties?"

Yeah granny panties are gross...a request for a thong would be an entirely different story! jk jk jk. :-)

Entirely agree. If you don't want people to "notice" you then don't post photos. Or at the very least post photos that are professional in nature. You can easily post photos that demonstrate your gains, losses, transformations without having to post selfies in a bathing suit or underwear.
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ive got a solid group of creeper/creepettes and i love them =)
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.

Unless it's something pervy like..."Please mail me your used granny panties?"

I would never be that perverted! I would ask for your used thongs...
  • ACepero79
    Options
    I guess it depends. Women want to be admired, not hit on by creepy guys. So "Hey, amazing progress. You look really hot" is probably ok. while "Hey sexy, I like that tattoo on your *kitten*" is maybe less okay.

This. Only it gets worst than that. I got PM'd by a guy who told me he wanted to tie me up and get violent. I was offended at first, but then I was just scared.

*shudder*

I'm sorry, I was just kidding. Can we still be friends?
  • ACepero79
    Options
    After reading all 5 pages of this thread, I'm outraged, befuddled, and disappointed that I've never gotten 1 PM that contains sexually charged innuendoes. Isn't the picture of the bra on my head flirty enough for your scoundrels?!?!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends. Women want to be admired, not hit on by creepy guys. So "Hey, amazing progress. You look really hot" is probably ok. while "Hey sexy, I like that tattoo on your *kitten*" is maybe less okay.

This. Only it gets worst than that. I got PM'd by a guy who told me he wanted to tie me up and get violent. I was offended at first, but then I was just scared.

*shudder*

Sure....as soon as I learn how to work this darn taser...
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    They are only offended when the person telling them they are hot is ugly.....fact

In a related story, I was walking on the beach sporting a banana hammock and I walked past some people and a lady said "whoa look a nice big banana". I didn't know if I should LOL or call the cops. I turn around real fast and she was feeding her baby a banana. A piece of me died right there...I know, cool story bro
    Lmao....cute :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Saw the thread title and immediately thought "OP is by a male."

Go figure.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that I have gotten a few sexually suggestive PMs on here, I even got some offers. But I was not offended at all, not even once. In fact each one totally made my day!! :happy: :happy:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    if any girl tells me im hot a promise i will not be offended.....in fact id probably get up kick my office chair across the room rip my shirt off and start dancing

Well then you better start dancin Honey cuz yer HAWT!!!!
    Brown Chicken Brown Cow!!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    After reading all 5 pages of this thread, I'm outraged, befuddled, and disappointed that I've never gotten 1 PM that contains sexually charged innuendoes. Isn't the picture of the bra on my head flirty enough for your scoundrels?!?!

Your pictures are set to private... Can't creep you :(

Sad Panda
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    FsIg8A2.gif

epNH6wC.gif
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that I have gotten a few sexually suggestive PMs on here, I even got some offers. But I was not offended at all, not even once. In fact each one totally made my day!! :happy: :happy:

I've gotten 1 or 2.

Oddly enough that person was with someone I guess, and now their account is deactivated so I'm guessing their boyfriend found their messages, and made her delete her account.

I'm sure I was one of MANY.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Just because of the clothes I wear (or don't) in my profile picture doesn't mean I deserved to be creeped on.

I suddenly find myself questioning the entire foundation of our friendship.

Do not fear there is still a solid foundation of bacon underneath.

Mmmm... bacon! yum.gif
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    if any girl tells me im hot a promise i will not be offended.....in fact id probably get up kick my office chair across the room rip my shirt off and start dancing

Your are Hot!! :wink: now you can go do that happy dance. LoL
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

*shudder*

Sure....as soon as I learn how to work this darn taser...
    Remove from purse
    flip switch
    listen for high pitch build
    apply to nuts
    hold down button