What is your goal weight? How many more pounds before you get there?

Options
I am 5'7 and currently 213.6. I was 244 when I had my baby girl 11 months ago and just finished nursing about two months ago. I dropped 30lbs in 2 weeks and struggled to lose anymore while nursing. Now that I am done, I am on a mission to lose this weight! My goal is 170 and then after that I want to seriously tone up to get to about 155-160. I am just curious to know other goals. What are your tips and motivators to keep you going?

Replies

• dizzymiss
    dizzymiss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7" and had my first baby 2yrs ago and my second 1yr ago (there's 363 days between them). I only started trying to lose weight at the end of February this year (when I went back to work) and weighed 182lbs. Initial goal was 168lbs which I lost by end of April. I was very good for those first two months. Started to slack after that but it has been coming off slowly and I reach 156lbs this week. My final goal is 150lbs. To be honest, aside from running around after my two I do little to no exercise. Leisurely walks with the dog are about it. But I do clock everything I eat on mfp, even on the bad days when I go over. I find the success stories with photos on here to be very motivating. Also fitting back into my own clothes (not maternity wear) & not fitting into them because they're gone too big is great motivation. Keep at it. You'll get there xxx
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    SW 200
    CW 135
    GW 130

Not sure where I'll end up, to be honest. I have more than 5 pounds of fat to lose, but I also want to build muscle. I'm going to start a recomp when I hit 130.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My baby is a grown up. I can't really blame him for the weight. I do blame him for the hemorrhoids and leaky bladder, though, since those are both his fault. :)

No goal weight, really. I'd like to lose about thirty more pounds, but it might be forty and it might be twenty. I'll see when I get there. :)
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    6'1"
    SW 220
    CW 184
    GW 170

14 lb until i get there. this is where it gets more frustrating. but on the other hand the closer you get you seem to want it more
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3, currently weighed at 127lbs. I don't have a goal weigh as such, it is just until I am happy with the way my body looks, which experience has taught me is about 115lbs, so I only have 12 more to go. 12 very difficult pounds...... :p
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    5'4". My goal weight is about 160lbs which would still make me 'overweight'. So, that might change once I get there. But I have just under 25 lbs to go!

One of my major motivators are these two extremely cute blazers I have that fit but are just sliiiiightly not great because of arm tightness. I'm weirdly focused on getting those two jackets fitting right for work haha
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SW 188lbs
    CW 166lbs
    GW 128. I've got 38 pounds to go.
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm.5'7" too and had my.youngest almost exactly a year ago (his bday is tomorrow!)
    sw:209
    cw:186
    gw:140
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and weigh 203 lbs. My starting weight was 209 lbs. My sister is concerned with my weight so I'm on the way to losing it. My goal weight is 145 lbs or lower. I don't plan on just losing weight, i plan on bodybuilding but not the gross looking way lol.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not sure. My starting goal weight was 120 (I'm 5'3), but I'm reasonably happy maintaining around 125. I'd still like to lose more fat, though, as well as to build some more muscle. It wouldn't surprise me if I end up at around 120 OR 125 or I suppose even 115 or 130 after doing this for a bit and seeing how it goes. I just got focused again last week on trying to lose a bit more again, after spending from February to now focusing more on fitness goals and weights (I did find that I was fitting into some smaller clothes despite not changing weight during that period).

So:

SW: 220
    MFP SW: 200
    CW: 125 (bodyfat around 25-26%, according to DXA from when my maintenance started)
    GW: ?? maybe 120 (better to say goal BF 22% or so, for now)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    5'4" female
    I have lost 24.5 lbs so far and have about 29 lbs more to lose to get to my ultimate goal weight.
    I would like to no longer be overweight by the end of the year which would be 10-11 lbs.

When I started out one of my goals was to do some exercise for 30 minutes every day. Later I decided a rest day was a pretty good idea so I try to do 6 days a week instead.

Don't be too intense or restrictive. You need to make a sustainable change.
    For weight loss the only thing you need to pay attention to is calories. Eat less than you burn. Eat food you like in appropriate portion sizes for your goal. Protein, fats and fiber will help you to feel satisfied.
    Losing 1 lb a week is a good steady rate for most people. Be patient. Realize that you will not see your weight drop on the scale every single week.
    Take body measurements as well as a progress photo periodically instead of just tracking your scale weight.
    If you are not losing weight check your logging for accuracy.
    Planning is very helpful. Plan meals & cook more. Look up choices at restaurants in advance. Realize that you always get hungry at 3 PM and plan to have a snack then. I find it helpful to pre-log my whole day the night before or in the morning.
    I prefer to drink mostly water or unsweetened tea and save my calories for food.
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    SW: 184
    CW: 168
    GW: 130

I am hoping to reach my goal weight for my 30th birthday :smile:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    IDK I seem to lose inches faster than lbs. I would like to get to 154, at least, so my BMI will be in the healthy range. I have about 8-10 lbs to go for that goal (my weight jumps around a lot).

Edited: I'm 51 yo and 5'6"
  • princessbride42
    princessbride42 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My starting weight was 195. Current weight is 160. My goal weight is a range of 155 to 165. I've been maintaining for about a year. When I see the scale at the top end of my range I start concentrating more on calories.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    SW: 148.5
    CW: 137
    GW: 130

Hoping to get there by mid-September and my anniversary, when we'll be going out to dinner and I want to wear a particular dress I haven't looked good in for many years.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    5'4.5"
    SW 294/173.5 (294 at my heaviest in 2008, then lost that and maintained at 120 until early 2014)
    CW 128.8
    GW IDK, I keep changing it. Somewhere between 120-125? Maybe, but it might be 130 when I start lifting heavy
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks everyone! I appreciate the tips and feedback! We can all do it!!! Stay strong!
  • qtchick1
    qtchick1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5"1 and I started at 74 kgs and now I am 59 kg. I still feel I need to lose 10 kgs more but I am stuck at this weight now. I must confess all this weight I lost was because of diet and walking... Now big of them are not workin . So ideally I need to change both.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    5'6.5

HW: 150
    SW: 145
    CW: 118 (I think?)
    GW: 113-115
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    5'6"