What is your goal weight? How many more pounds before you get there?

Options

Replies

• Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm down 13 lbs from my starting weight of 168. I had my little girl 9 months ago and only lost 7-8 lbs off of my highest pregnancy weight in the week after. :( I always gain instead of lose when I'm breastfeeding so that did NOT help me out. I would like to get down to 135 and then reevaluate. 20 lbs to go! I'm at a standstill the last week or so though.:( I'm determined not to give up. I've hung on to this weight tooooo long. I've been on the chubby side since 5th grade.

I also gained while breastfeeding and after that it went up and down. You can do it! It takes time. If you are still nursing, I recommend not stressing about losing weight because you will lose it once you stop.
  • Faith4eva31
    Options
    Keith3481 wrote: »
    5'7.75"
    SW 208 January 7, 2015
    CW 174
    GW 164, will reconsider final goal based on waist measurement

Tips and motivation:

I prelog my meals. I set up a one week plan and then stick to that plan. I have the same basic meals each week for lunch on specific days, e.g. Japanese on Tuesdays, gyros on Wednesdays. Some people would find that boring but I like consistency and predictability so it's all good. It's what works for me.

I track my weight progress by weighing daily in the morning first thing when I get up and I use a spreadsheet to track the 7 day moving average. Then, I compare my current 7 day MA to my 7 day MA from 30 days ago and figure out how much progress I've made over that 30 day span. Since my progress seems to match my logged deficits within +/- 50 calories/day, I'm satisfied I'm doing the logging correctly. Using the 7 day MA takes out all that day to day water weight fluctuation that can drive you crazy.

For fitness, I have a desk job so I don't take a lot of steps through the day. Instead, I ride 30 minutes a day, five days a week on a road bike hooked up to an indoor trainer. On the sixth day I ride 45 minutes, and on the seventh day I rest. I ride in the evenings 30 minutes after dinner and watch TV shows on Netflix. My heart rate usually runs about 125-140 bpm. I do eat back all my exercise calories, but I know a lot of people only eat back 25%-50%. You've got to figure out what works for you. As I stated before, my logged deficits match my actual progress within 50 calories a day, so I'm satisfied that for my purposes, this is the right approach. If there was a consistent discrepancy I'd either cut back on my exercise credit or invest in a food scale but I haven't seen the need yet. I've been at this about six and a half months and I've lost 34 pounds.

As far as motivation goes, my phrase is "win the war one battle at a time." Every day, every meal, and every decision is a battle and I choose whether or not I want to win that battle as I'm faced with it. Since all those battles add up over the course of this process, every battle is critical. Do I lose battles? Of course, but I pick myself back up and get back in the fight. I don't keep snacks around the house, or anything else that would normally tempt me except I have a box of Girl Scout cookies I still haven't touched yet :smiley: .

Feel free to look at my diary, it is open.

I sent you a message also! I think this is great!!! Thank you so much for the tips and motivation. I recommend to try the Happy Scale app. I love it! I weigh myself daily also! It keeps me on track and helps me to understand my weight loss much better. You can also set milestones for how you want to lose the weight and will predict your goal based on that. Keep up the good work!
  • Faith4eva31
    Options
    5'11"
    SW 226.8
    CW 214.4
    GW 170
    I am currently doing 6+ hrs. of cardio and lifting heavy 3 times a week. Hopefully I will be satisfied with my body when I reach my goal weight and not have to devote a bunch time to recomp.

I do the same thing just about. The first time around all I did was cardio and lost 25lbs, but I was not happy with my shape. Only to realize that I didn't include strength training as well. So now I do strength training at least 3x a week and cardio 3-4 times.
  • Faith4eva31
    Options
    5'1"
    Start weight - 195.9
    Current weight - 186.2
    Goal weight - 132.9
    Lbs to go - 53.3

OMG writing that down for people to see (including myself) has just given me a kick up the *kitten*. I really have to cop on and start moving that scale downwards or ill be big forever :(

It's okay! You won't be big forever, unless you want to be. You can do it!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW-175 (May 23rd)
    CW-161
    GW-130

14 down, 31 to go!
  • PrettyCreature
    PrettyCreature Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'6''
    SW - 262
    CW- 174
    GW - 135
    Only 39 pounds to go ! But I really need to work on the lifting/strenght/lean part. It's okay to lose weight, but I want to be lean and strong as well...Congrats on everyone for they're progress so far :smile:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I'm 182 cm I think
    SW 150-160kg
    CW 97kg
    GW 85kg

26 pounds to go it seems.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is 140lbs. I lost roughly 28lbs, and have been trying to lose the last 3lbs for months. Admittedly they are just vanity pounds, so my heart isn't 100% in it.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    5'6"
    SW 240
    CW 162
    GW 140-145.

My goal weight was originally 150, but given how my body looks at only 12 lbs heavier than my GW, I decided to lower it to 140. I don't know if I can get there without killing myself, but we'll see. I've definitely come a long way considering I started at 240.
  • lewiss0012
    lewiss0012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5"2"
    SW-165
    CW-160
    GW-130

• carebearrum
    carebearrum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well this is hard for me, but here goes nothing.

Height: 5'6
    Starting Weight: 477.0 lbs
    Current weight: Unsure, I haven't been anywhere to weight yet as my scale at home won't register
    Goal Weight: 400 lbs.

This was a HUGE step for me. So please no negative comments.
  • sarcathryn
    sarcathryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    SW- 214
    CW- 178
    GW- 145
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 157/158 right now and want to lose ten more. I started at 172.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Current weight: Unsure, I haven't been anywhere to weight yet as my scale at home won't register

Absolutely no negative thoughts or comments here @carebearrum !!

I admire your openness, courage and honesty. You will get all the help and support you need here.

Good luck with your weight loss, you got this :heart: :+1:
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'
    Top weight ever: 355ish
    College weight : 265ish at 17% bodyfat taken in a bodpod. I looked 220lbs to most people.
    Weight in pic on my profile: 320ish, maybe 310.
    Current weight: 277-281lbs
    Goal Weight: Depends on if I make a run at getting back to a 405lbs bench/atg olympic squat (natty) before 35 which I kinda wanna do.

The higher end of the range would be 258ish, lower end would probably be 239ish.

Yo. props to Care, i've been there are 350-360, it sucks when a conventional scale won't work, but you gotta start somewhere. Just take it one day at a time, and don't freak out if you slip bc EVERYONE does. If you want any advice on starting out really out of shape/large, just PM me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

I agree with the others, good for you. Gutsy. :)

I'm 5'8"
    SW 185
    CW 174
    GW 140ish. Lower if I don't put on some muscle by then, higher if I am getting toned.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Great job, definitely supporting you!! You can do it.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    HEIGHT 5'1
    STARTING WEIGHT 150.2
    CURRENT WEIGHT 137.2
    GOAL WEIGHT 128

13 lbs down. 9 lbs to go :)
  • hibrookee
    hibrookee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 126.6
    CW: 122.6
    GW: 115

Have about 7 lbs to go :)
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    SW - 250lbs
    CW - 241lbs
    GW - 155 - 165lbs. Not 100% sure on this one yet. It has been a long, long time since I was anywhere near whatever "goal weight" is...so I'm going to leave this decision for later on. I have always been "big" - I think I am going to need help with this - will be visiting my doctor and perhaps some other health professionals like nutritionists, personal trainers (maybe) when I am in the vicinity of 175lbs to get some guidance on what I should be aiming for. I think I actually have a larger frame (not just an excuse for being fat) so don't want to rely on measures like BMI alone if that's not right for my structure.

Good luck! :)