Anyone else eat one meal a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• michellegilbe
    michellegilbe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do the same. I can pretty much eat however much of whatever I want if I save my caories for dinner. Feels a lot less like a 'diet' then.

I feel the same. I always end up eatin under calories this way. Is this bad to be under calories?
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »
    I find the intermittent fasting & fewer daily meals thing fascinating. I know I couldn't do it because if I go maybe 3h without eating something I start feeling sick and dizzy. Do none of you feel ill in the morning 2h after waking up? If I don't eat at least a small breakfast within 2h I get a massive headache. If you can do this, more power to you, I'm just super curious!

I was like this my entire life. I was flabbergasted by my husband who could "forget to eat." I could never, ever, EVER forget to eat because I would be dizzy, sick to my stomach, and then I'd get a migraine. Every morning I woke up RAVENOUS and had to eat within an hour or the whole dizzy/sick/headache thing would get me. The rest of the day, I had to eat every 4 hours or so, max. Which was fine when I was younger and my TDEE was ~ 2300 calories a day. Now that it's ~ 1800, this eating all day really wasn't working for me anymore and I've been putting on 10lbs a year for the last 4 years.

This last year, however, things have changed for me since I started drinking bulletproof coffee. I have 1 cup in the morning (with 1 TBSP butter and 1 TBSP coconut oil) and I'm not hungry at all until around 2. And even then, I'm not dizzy, or frantic to find something to eat like I used to be.

I really can't explain it - I don't understand it - and I'm a biologist. I think there's just some things we really don't understand about our own bodies yet.

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I often forget to eat..I'll sit down to work on a hobbie and 6 hours later I've got like 1000 calories to eat
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    more like 2. The more often I eat, the more I want to eat. So I avoid it as much as I can.