Anyone else eat one meal a day?

Options
I find I'm happiest when I eat all of my calories at dinner. I find that if I eat earlier in the day I end up feeling much hungrier than I would be otherwise and just obsess about food too much. Plus I like being able to eat a larger volume in one go in the evening.

Just wondering whether anyone else did this? :)

Replies

• ThisIsRae
    ThisIsRae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close to the same. Even though I've been told repeatedly that spacing out your calorie intake more evenly throughout the day will keep you from overeating at night/in the evening, I find that I'm happier if I have more calories to eat in the evening and can have one big meal rather than 3-4 little ones during the day. I like to feel actually full at least once after one big meal rather than just "not starving" after small meals all day :)
  • qtchick1
    qtchick1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same here, I lost all my weight with intermittent fasting or eating one meal a day. It's fulfilling and I don't feel guilty and feel les hungry.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Not one meal, but a very small window of eating. Usually 5-9 or so.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do the same. I can pretty much eat however much of whatever I want if I save my caories for dinner. Feels a lot less like a 'diet' then.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Really? wow never heard of this one, I do try to eat way more the first two times in the day,so my dinner can be lighter and i can sleep well.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've done short eating windows, but I would be uncomfortable eating all of my calories at once. And I don't think I would eat as healthily. (Dinner usually clocks in around 400-700 now, with vegetables.) If it works for you, great!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I could power through 3,000 calories in one meal without feeling pretty ill.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm the opposite. A lot of my days are a small breakfast, bigger lunch, and no dinner.

Anyone else give up on "meals" in mfp logging and just make one called "Food"?
  • mathom31
    mathom31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My most successful weight loss came when I ate dinner only. It is just simpler.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could power through 3,000 calories in one meal without feeling pretty ill.

I believe in you wolfman. You can do it!
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm also (generally) a one-meal-a-day-er. Way easier to sustain.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I find the intermittent fasting & fewer daily meals thing fascinating. I know I couldn't do it because if I go maybe 3h without eating something I start feeling sick and dizzy. Do none of you feel ill in the morning 2h after waking up? If I don't eat at least a small breakfast within 2h I get a massive headache. If you can do this, more power to you, I'm just super curious!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No. I do a lot during the day and I need all the energy I can get.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I tried intermittent fasting and so long as I don't tell myself I'm doing that, I find most days my body does it anyway. Whatever works for you, as it still comes down to CICO.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've never tried. Oh wait.. A lunch buffet perhaps? Ha!
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    I'm also (generally) a one-meal-a-day-er. Way easier to sustain.
    +1

• rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never tried this and probably can't. I've had too many instances where my blood sugar (I'm not diabetic) dropped too low and I nearly faint. Or I get hangery and want to rip out someone's throat. Kudos to those that can though.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I could do it. I need to eat often or I get hangry. It falls into the "whatever works for you" category
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I would be close to chewing my arm off if I only ate once a day. Not to mention, I think I'd feel sick to my stomach if eating 1400 calories in one meal. I did that once with Chipotle (intentionally so I didn't go over my calories) and I felt like my stomach was going to explode, and that was the only food I had all day.
  • andrcollrvt
    andrcollrvt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to eat once a day. It took some time but I finally changed that and eat 2-3 times a day. I found it easier to lose weight eating multiple times a day, as your metabolism works harder when you do.