Ensure Plus works!

Options

Replies

• Lauralou23mfp
    Lauralou23mfp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Has anyone not realised that the poster has used a fat app for her pic !! Lol
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

no
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Is that why her avatar looks so weird?

If so, this thread is even 'stupider' than I initially thought. <rolls eyes>
  • SarahCate_2pt0
    SarahCate_2pt0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looks like someone's bored. The blogs must be slow today.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    These ingredients are horrifying. :s

Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali). Less than 0.5% of the Following: Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferric Phosphate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin, Phylloquinone, and Vitamin D3.

Something fortified with vitamins and minerals having a long list of vitamins and minerals as compounds is horrifying? How would you put vitamins and minerals into a product without using, ya know, vitamins and minerals?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've actually used the Ensure Protein before, when I've had problems with eating solids while sick or when trying to add extra calories while traveling (it's tough to find food when traveling when you're Celiac). But this initial post.... srsly.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options

Silly me. I am always trying to look slimmer in pictures.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I thought ensure was to make you poop?

You're thinking of that Jamie Lee Curtis yogurt, I think.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

Looks like Courtney Cox.
  • sharhealth
    sharhealth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok...I am in hospital for anorexia...they use this as a sort of punishment if you decide you can not complete your meals here. It is absolutely disgusting.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    After going through cancer treatment I hope to never see another ensure again. I still drink protein shakes but thought of having to drink another Ensure ugggh!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    My mom drinks them every day and quite likes them. I get her the extra calorie ones, and serve them ice cold and well shaken. :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Is it really that bad? Might want to try Boost instead (I think they're yummy), but I don't know if they have extra calorie versions.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I use the ensure active light supplements to add protein to my diet without going over my calorie limits. I agree with the poster a few up; the key is drinking it ice cold.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    sharhealth wrote: »
    Ok...I am in hospital for anorexia...they use this as a sort of punishment if you decide you can not complete your meals here. It is absolutely disgusting.

You're in the hospital for anorexia but on a calorie-counting website?

Talk about counterproductive.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options

How is that counter productive? If she's got a set amount of calories she needs to eat a day for recovery, would a calorie counting website not be helpful? There are threads and groups on MFP dedicated to people looking to gain weight.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

fyi: You're on the GAINING forum.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

How is that counter productive? If she's got a set amount of calories she needs to eat a day for recovery, would a calorie counting website not be helpful? There are threads and groups on MFP dedicated to people looking to gain weight.

I find this hard to believe...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

FYI: No reputable professional who works with ED patients would EVER recommend a calorie-counting website to their patient. It doesn't matter that gaining weight is part of recovery. Gaining weight is the easy part. A calorie-counting website does not help the mental part. Counting calories is triggering for many anorexics and leads them to become more obsessive.

@Angelfire365 This is why it's counterproductive.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

FYI: No reputable professional who works with ED patients would EVER recommend a calorie-counting website to their patient. It doesn't matter that gaining weight is part of recovery. Gaining weight is the easy part. A calorie-counting website does not help the mental part. Counting calories is triggering for many anorexics and leads them to become more obsessive.

@Angelfire365 This is why it's counterproductive.

What does that have to do with what a particular individual would use the site for?