Ensure Plus works!

Options
Hi - due to the stress of my job, I put eating secondary, which has been detrimental to my weight. I started drinking dark chocolate Ensure I've seen a gradual increase! Goal is to gain 10lbs.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Seems legit .... *eye roll*
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Okay, so what is your current height, weight, goal weight, and have you computed your TDEE to figure out how many calories you'll need to reach your goal?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I thought ensure was to make you poop?

Nah. It's the drink they recommend for old people to help get enough nutrition in if they have a low appetite. I've seen it recommended before for underweight people who do better with liquid calories. It's not like this is an MLM scam. It's sold in grocery stores.

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hmm, never heared of them before.
    Sounds a lot better than the prescription nutritional drinks my dietician put me on.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Its used in all hospitals in the Uk and prescibed by GP's for nutritional supplements, especially the eldery or post surgery and chemo patients, high calorie for little effort.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Sounds a lot better than the prescription nutritional drinks my dietician put me on.

its the same as that
  • AsISmile
    Options

its the same as that

Than ugh. Who would want to drink that.
    I had one that was apple juice based. Seriously, trying to stick that much protein in apple juice is gross.

I'm a fan of drinking calories for weight gain, but drinking something that feels like a brick hit your stomach and fills you up doesn't really help imo.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

its the same as that

I had one that was apple juice based. Seriously, trying to stick that much protein in apple juice is gross.

I'm a fan of drinking calories for weight gain, but drinking something that feels like a brick hit your stomach and fills you up doesn't really help imo.

Cheesecake milkshake!

Op, glad you've found something that is working. As previously mentioned, you need to eat in excess of how much you need (small/moderate surplus) consistently. Ensure may help you get there, but the consistent surplus is what is going to lead to the weight gain.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Add a brownie to that and you're golden :smiley:
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

its the same as that

I actually drink Boost which is very similar and it's really tasty, it's about 320 calories per container each with 14 grams of protein and lots of carbs and fat! Good for gaining weight, has lots of vitamins too!
  • AsISmile
    Options
    I ended up drinking milkshakes from Milsa (Aldi brand) instead. Way tastier and way cheaper. Not as many calories, but plenty of protein. (And that is what my dietician wanted me to work on)
    milkshake_big_9411.jpg
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I ended up drinking milkshakes from Milsa (Aldi brand) instead. Way tastier and way cheaper. Not as many calories, but plenty of protein. (And that is what my dietician wanted me to work on)
    milkshake_big_9411.jpg

Did you note an increase in young males appearing on your property's outskirts?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    milkshake_big_9411.jpg

:laugh:
  • AsISmile
    edited July 2015
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    milkshake_big_9411.jpg

:lol:
    I can't say I have. Unfortunately there were some young males drinking my milkshakes.
    So perhaps no increase and no yard not on property outskirts, but milkshakes does influence young males.

We may be on to something here.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Seems legit .... *eye roll*

Uhm....it is legit if you want to gain weight.....And actually works really well for people who can't get enough calories through n=regular food....Or sick people with no appetite.....Maybe read before your eyes start rolling?
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    These ingredients are horrifying. :s

Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali). Less than 0.5% of the Following: Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferric Phosphate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin, Phylloquinone, and Vitamin D3.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali). Less than 0.5% of the Following: Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferric Phosphate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin, Phylloquinone, and Vitamin D3.

really?
    You're lucky it doesn't contain sodium bicarbonate. Now that stuff is vile.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Why? Don't see the horrifying aspects, except when one tries to pronounce it....
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

really?
    You're lucky it doesn't contain sodium bicarbonate. Now that stuff is vile.

Har har! :p