I'm going to miss beer.

Options

Replies

• lionstar29
    Options
    You don't have to stop you can try light beer and then work out a little longer.
  • steph268
    steph268 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have these 10 to 12 pesky pounds I want to get rid of, and it really seems like what is holding me back the most is beer. :-( I really don't know how I can have any until I get these off. IT's hard enough without beer, and I am a total beer lover/snob, and Friday comes around, and the thought in my head is dinner and good beer.
  • antonjanik
    antonjanik Posts: 12
    Options
    It takes me 16 minutes walking to burn about 90 calories (so says my HRM). Enough for a beer. Not a great, delicious beer, but enough for a beer. Like a Mich Ultra.

Don't give up the beer, just have one or two, and before you do, walk around the block for 30 minutes or so.

You'll be so much happier that you did both.

A.
  • Katiedid722
    Katiedid722 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mich ultra is my favorite and I don't feel one ounce of guilt while drinking it :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    think a bout your liver

Beer does for my liver what running does for my heart....
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I still often have beer. Having lost this much weight I have become a very cheap drunk. I just either re-jigger my food for the day or add exercise so I can have a beer and stay on my plan. Running helps ...

A lot.

In fact my new catch phrase is "Where's the beer tent? What? Do you think I run for my health?"

I actually do run for my health, the beer is just bonus. Or maybe the health is bonus...
  • MeAnTtOBeThIn
    MeAnTtOBeThIn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sure someone sai it already, since the post is so long, but don't forget about MGD 64. 64 calories and all the taste. I know that people who typically don't drink light beer find it watered down, but seriously, it's better than a world with NO BEER...AARGH
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    if you walk mow your yard while boozing it doesnt count....thats scientific fact!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Giving up beer? You're doing this all wrong.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Jason Momoa (Stargate: Atlantis, Game of Thrones, Conan) made a comment along the lines of he loves getting in shape for a show because it means eating lots of protein/meat, and getting his carbs in the form of Guinness.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up beer....and I really don't do the light beer. I will work out more and save some calories for a nice craft beer.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have given up many things my friends... pizza, hamburgers, anything fried, ice cream even, but you will never take my beer from me!! NEVER!
  • smmoler
    smmoler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I remember the feeling when I first started in May. But it does get easier missing th beer, I promise.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    think a bout your liver

Beer does for my liver what running does for my heart....

This! THIS!!!!!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Beer is the biggest reason I can think of to up your daily caloric burn ;)
  • Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weight-loss can still be attained WITHOUT giving up beer!!!! I shall never give up my beer!!! If it means I walk around 15 pounds over weight then so be it!

AGREED!!!!!
  • algrant1
    algrant1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I really enjoy malty beers, but since the calories can add up I treat beer (and alcohol in general) like a dessert. Plan a day or two when the calories won't matter as much and enjoy! Plus it will keep your sanity in tact!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    i have given up many things my friends... pizza, hamburgers, anything fried, ice cream even, but you will never take my beer from me!! NEVER!

Exactly!!! or just shoot me now.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Beer is the biggest reason I can think of to up your daily caloric burn ;)

THIS!!!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I love beer and have no plans giving it up. Every time I burn 110 calories on the treadmill I tell myself that is one more beer down. I have lost over 30lbs so far. smiley-eatdrink009.gif