Corsets?

Options
124»

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I know this thread has gone way past seriousness, but I say we already all have our own built-in corsets - our abdominal muscles. Work on tightening them and then no corset or spanx are necessary. They are already there, might as well use them.
  • Mudrat29
    Mudrat29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Mudrat29 wrote: »
    Corseting is not for everyone but you do need to do some research people. To have your "innards" move you have to wear one 24/7 for years and then the movement is minimal( ribs and a little of your intestines) and there are some risks when wearing like this. For instance a part of your intestines can get pinched and cause medical issues.Always talk to your doctor before wearing a corset so they can help you understand how it will affect your body.
    There is no such thing as a corset diet they do not and will not ever make you lose weight. The only thing they do is yes restrict your movement, move your fat a little bit, and make it harder for you to overeat. Corsets are for shaping your waist. Like me for instance i wear a corset sometimes for about 8 hours a day for three days in a row, it gives me a waist for about a month and by the end of the month things have gone back to normal and I start over. Without doing this my waist is not visible (I'm straight as a board on my sides).
    A corset is suppose to fit nicely without hurting in anyway, if it does you're wearing it wrong. There is no pain after taking it off either. You do sweat more while wearing one and yes that helps till you eat or drink again that's it.
    I did extensive research before even thinking about it then some more before buying one. Please check your facts before trying said diets or jumping to conclusions about wearing corsets. lucycorsetry.com This young lady can give you a lot of insight on corseting. She talks about the facts, myths, and the do's and don't when it comes to this subject. Thank you end rant.

On a side note I agree with you ManiacalLaugh if we could turn our fat into adorable little fat pets, that would be totally AWESOME. I love them so much just tooo cute.

I take it you didn't read the claims of the link the OP provided...

Don't know what your talking about "link the OP provided..." I was reading stuff in the new get started area of Myfitnesspal and came upon this mess of myths and untruths being tossed about thought i would put my two cents into it. Didn't realize I was suppose to read something else first. Point me in the direction and i will. I just thought this was a place for people trying to lose weight and stay fit to have others (going through the same things)to talk to. I found something i liked and thought I could find someone that did also. Sorry if I offended.

The first post in this thread has a blue hyperlink. If you click it, it links to a site selling corsets that claim they detox your body and make you workout at 150% efficiency...

oh sorry gotcha now. I didn't go to the link no, probably should have before ranting, sorry. I am pretty sure that those types of things are junk and a bad idea, probably a better way of jumping into the middle of a conversation. lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    erm... Sorry, man, but this corset thing is completely bogus. It won't help you lose weight or look better, it will only squish you.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    None for me, thank you very much!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'll keep my for play purposes, thank you very much!
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What the *kitten*?

Yeah, because I need more creepy guys staring at me at the gym. I have enough problems with my jugs a poppin' on the spin bikes.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Naener wrote: »
    c52t03jwy6lc.jpg

Thats right my fellow Whovians... lol I wear this when i hike xD

WANT. THIS.

I shudder when I read about corseting for weight loss and waist training. A former coworker did this and Herbalife and it always got me when people complimented her on her weight loss. I just wanted to yell "she's wearing a freaking girdle."
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    "mobilizing fat cells" LOL wth.... fat cells go mobile.. lol like they travel or wiggle. im dying

When I read that on the site . . . I knew the author meant mobile as in moving, mobility . . . but I couldn't help but imagine all my little fat cells with mobile devices, you know calling each other texting bahahahaha
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    How would something that tight be comfortable to workout in?

Not just work out in but to wear at any time of your life . . . If that's what it takes to look good ima just sit here and look baaaaad
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    "mobilizing fat cells" LOL wth.... fat cells go mobile.. lol like they travel or wiggle. im dying

Only on Dr. Who... and they're freaking adorable when they do.

21672a2.jpg

That was probably the most adorable episode EVER. Of all time.

For me personally, corsets are for costuming. I've worn one in normal life while I was getting used to it for my wedding, but it's not something I'd want to do every day. On the other hand, it does do a good job encouraging good posture, which is an issue for me. But I still wouldn't want to use one every day. And ESPECIALLY not when I'm exercising! Not only does it restrict movement, it impairs your ability to breathe, which is kinda important!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    This is the ep where Donna and The Doctor see each other through separate doors across the boss lady's office, right? One of my all-time favorite scenes.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    This is the ep where Donna and The Doctor see each other through separate doors across the boss lady's office, right? One of my all-time favorite scenes.

Yeah. That one scene describes their entire friendship. XD
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    c52t03jwy6lc.jpg

Thats right my fellow Whovians... lol I wear this when i hike xD

Saw this. Searched this. Bought this.
  • Mudrat29
    Mudrat29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you believe that wearing a corset for 8 hours a day for 3 days gives you a waist, that you don't otherwise have, for a month?

Why do you think that is? It can't be dehydration can it because that goes as soon as you eat or drink? And it's certainly not strengthening or building your muscles ...I'm at a loss as to how that could possibly be true unless it is significantly moving your internal organs...which we all know it doesn't really in short term use

It's not because of dehydration I eat and drink while wear it, It definitely doesn't strengthen or build anything, It's not moving anything but the fat around my waist. Thats it that is why it is temporary. Yes it is cosmetic untill i can get back into shape and maybe since i have had kids i will have a waist and not ever need it anymore.

But you said the effects of 3 x 8 hour sessions stayed in place for a month

That is a significant effect ..fat cells don't move ..so it must be something else, don't you think?

I probably should have said about a month. Its not drastic. about and inch to two inch difference in my hips and waist. And i probably should have stretch out not move. There is nothing else to it.
    To move your ribs you really have to lace down tight. I'm talking 5-10 inches. For long periods of time and I'm talking years. Or to grow while wearing one, that is wear a lot of this stuff about innards moving comes from is back in the day when young girls wore them to look all hourglassy while they were still growing. When you do that you will have problems your bones and innards will not develop correctly.
    Either way at the very beginning I stated that its not for everyone and it will not help you lose weight. I do it because I like it and it makes me feel better about myself. It gives me something to strive for. Especially since I've lost weight (from dieting and exercise), I can now close the biggest corset I had and it puts no pressure on my middle at all.