Corsets?

Options

Replies

• thursdayswoman
    thursdayswoman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I keep having to check the date to make sure we didn't ricochet back to the 1850's. Are you kidding me?
  • PuckTard
    PuckTard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mudrat29 wrote: »
    Corseting is not for everyone but you do need to do some research people. To have your "innards" move you have to wear one 24/7 for years and then the movement is minimal( ribs and a little of your intestines) and there are some risks when wearing like this. For instance a part of your intestines can get pinched and cause medical issues.Always talk to your doctor before wearing a corset so they can help you understand how it will affect your body.
    There is no such thing as a corset diet they do not and will not ever make you lose weight. The only thing they do is yes restrict your movement, move your fat a little bit, and make it harder for you to overeat. Corsets are for shaping your waist. Like me for instance i wear a corset sometimes for about 8 hours a day for three days in a row, it gives me a waist for about a month and by the end of the month things have gone back to normal and I start over. Without doing this my waist is not visible (I'm straight as a board on my sides).
    A corset is suppose to fit nicely without hurting in anyway, if it does you're wearing it wrong. There is no pain after taking it off either. You do sweat more while wearing one and yes that helps till you eat or drink again that's it.
    I did extensive research before even thinking about it then some more before buying one. Please check your facts before trying said diets or jumping to conclusions about wearing corsets. lucycorsetry.com This young lady can give you a lot of insight on corseting. She talks about the facts, myths, and the do's and don't when it comes to this subject. Thank you end rant.

On a side note I agree with you ManiacalLaugh if we could turn our fat into adorable little fat pets, that would be totally AWESOME. I love them so much just tooo cute.

The whole corset thing goes right over my head. Basically what you are saying is that you wear, repeat, wear, repeat, etc. etc. to obtain a desired effect that is superficial. When you could be training your Transverse Abdominal Muscles.. you know.. your "inner corset" and actually have a lasting effect plus a stronger core to support you during your exercise.

Thank you. End mini rant.
  • tstevens0
    tstevens0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mobilizing Fat Cells? Well...

58178114.jpg
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What a highly entertaining thread. :) I love the gifs!

So those Kardashians "swear by it" they call it "waste training" - so when any of those women "say" something some how it trickles into the main stream and normal people start thinking it's a good idea. The Illustration above that someone put regarding squishing the inner worms is spot on. They look great in costumes but seriously, for working out? NO
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    freechewy wrote: »
    What a highly entertaining thread. :) I love the gifs!

So those Kardashians "swear by it" they call it "waste training" - so when any of those women "say" something some how it trickles into the main stream and normal people start thinking it's a good idea. The Illustration above that someone put regarding squishing the inner worms is spot on. They look great in costumes but seriously, for working out? NO
    I believe you mean waist training. Although waste is certainly more appropriate.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry, but you believe that wearing a corset for 8 hours a day for 3 days gives you a waist, that you don't otherwise have, for a month?

Why do you think that is? It can't be dehydration can it because that goes as soon as you eat or drink? And it's certainly not strengthening or building your muscles ...I'm at a loss as to how that could possibly be true unless it is significantly moving your internal organs...which we all know it doesn't really in short term use
  • Mudrat29
    Mudrat29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Corseting is not for everyone but you do need to do some research people. To have your "innards" move you have to wear one 24/7 for years and then the movement is minimal( ribs and a little of your intestines) and there are some risks when wearing like this. For instance a part of your intestines can get pinched and cause medical issues.Always talk to your doctor before wearing a corset so they can help you understand how it will affect your body.
    There is no such thing as a corset diet they do not and will not ever make you lose weight. The only thing they do is yes restrict your movement, move your fat a little bit, and make it harder for you to overeat. Corsets are for shaping your waist. Like me for instance i wear a corset sometimes for about 8 hours a day for three days in a row, it gives me a waist for about a month and by the end of the month things have gone back to normal and I start over. Without doing this my waist is not visible (I'm straight as a board on my sides).
    A corset is suppose to fit nicely without hurting in anyway, if it does you're wearing it wrong. There is no pain after taking it off either. You do sweat more while wearing one and yes that helps till you eat or drink again that's it.
    I did extensive research before even thinking about it then some more before buying one. Please check your facts before trying said diets or jumping to conclusions about wearing corsets. lucycorsetry.com This young lady can give you a lot of insight on corseting. She talks about the facts, myths, and the do's and don't when it comes to this subject. Thank you end rant.

On a side note I agree with you ManiacalLaugh if we could turn our fat into adorable little fat pets, that would be totally AWESOME. I love them so much just tooo cute.

I take it you didn't read the claims of the link the OP provided...

Don't know what your talking about "link the OP provided..." I was reading stuff in the new get started area of Myfitnesspal and came upon this mess of myths and untruths being tossed about thought i would put my two cents into it. Didn't realize I was suppose to read something else first. Point me in the direction and i will. I just thought this was a place for people trying to lose weight and stay fit to have others (going through the same things)to talk to. I found something i liked and thought I could find someone that did also. Sorry if I offended.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you believe that wearing a corset for 8 hours a day for 3 days gives you a waist, that you don't otherwise have, for a month?

Why do you think that is? It can't be dehydration can it because that goes as soon as you eat or drink? And it's certainly not strengthening or building your muscles ...I'm at a loss as to how that could possibly be true

Maybe it moves the organs temporarily?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Don't know what your talking about "link the OP provided..." I was reading stuff in the new get started area of Myfitnesspal and came upon this mess of myths and untruths being tossed about thought i would put my two cents into it. Didn't realize I was suppose to read something else first. Point me in the direction and i will. I just thought this was a place for people trying to lose weight and stay fit to have others (going through the same things)to talk to. I found something i liked and thought I could find someone that did also. Sorry if I offended.

I think @auddii was being sarcastic ;)
  • Mudrat29
    Options
    PuckTard wrote: »

The whole corset thing goes right over my head. Basically what you are saying is that you wear, repeat, wear, repeat, etc. etc. to obtain a desired effect that is superficial. When you could be training your Transverse Abdominal Muscles.. you know.. your "inner corset" and actually have a lasting effect plus a stronger core to support you during your exercise.

Thank you. End mini rant.
    Lol, For now yes i wear and repeat, not while exercising. I am slowly getting to where I can do more of said exercises, I wasn't able to before. Even now that i have lost some weight around my middle and started making my muscles stronger I still have no waist. Like i said straight as a board on the sides. I was like that in high school when i was doing crazy exercises and had muscles. Its just the way i was built. I don't want to go extreme with it so the repeating comes into play. I just want to look good in my eyes and to have a difference in my hips and waist is proffered.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    OP, corset training is not something to just jump into. This looks incredibly dangerous, on multiple levels.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Why do you think that is? It can't be dehydration can it because that goes as soon as you eat or drink? And it's certainly not strengthening or building your muscles ...I'm at a loss as to how that could possibly be true

Yeah. A friend who was a burlesque dancer did this for a while and she sure regrets it now in her 40s. Body modification like this isn't something that should be touted as a fitness thing...it boggles my mind.

• Mudrat29
    Options

Why do you think that is? It can't be dehydration can it because that goes as soon as you eat or drink? And it's certainly not strengthening or building your muscles ...I'm at a loss as to how that could possibly be true unless it is significantly moving your internal organs...which we all know it doesn't really in short term use

It's not because of dehydration I eat and drink while wear it, It definitely doesn't strengthen or build anything, It's not moving anything but the fat around my waist. Thats it that is why it is temporary. Yes it is cosmetic untill i can get back into shape and maybe since i have had kids i will have a waist and not ever need it anymore.
  • Mudrat29
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Yeah. A friend who was a burlesque dancer did this for a while and she sure regrets it now in her 40s. Body modification like this isn't something that should be touted as a fitness thing...it boggles my mind.

It definitely shouldn't be used as a fitness thing.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I didn't workout with a corset on nor would I ever recommend that. But I did wear belly bands just a stretchy material around my waist while working out (think spanks). I didn't expect to lose weight from it I just wore it to make me a little more conscience to keep my core engaged.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I didn't workout with a corset on nor would I ever recommend that. But I did wear belly bands just a stretchy material around my waist while working out (think spanks). I didn't expect to lose weight from it I just wore it to make me a little more conscience to keep my core engaged.

I saw another poster who said those were for making your uterus go back 'inside' after having a baby.

Glad there is a little more common sense in the reality of it lol!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

It's not because of dehydration I eat and drink while wear it, It definitely doesn't strengthen or build anything, It's not moving anything but the fat around my waist. Thats it that is why it is temporary. Yes it is cosmetic untill i can get back into shape and maybe since i have had kids i will have a waist and not ever need it anymore.

But you said the effects of 3 x 8 hour sessions stayed in place for a month

That is a significant effect ..fat cells don't move ..so it must be something else, don't you think?
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    they're not worth your money. That's a girdle, not a corset. Firstly, don't exercise with a corset on, it can lead to injury, major injury. BUT if you find a spiral steel boned corset you can wear that under clothes or around the house, really helps with preventing stomach expansion. So you eat way less. but please don't waste money on this thing or wear something to the gym you could hurt yourself in.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

The first post in this thread has a blue hyperlink. If you click it, it links to a site selling corsets that claim they detox your body and make you workout at 150% efficiency...
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    c52t03jwy6lc.jpg

Thats right my fellow Whovians... lol I wear this when i hike xD