Corsets?

Options

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    How would something that tight be comfortable to workout in?

It wouldn't, but you know some women would rather be miserable and think they look great than be comfy.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The ONLY benefit I can possibly fatham from wearing a corset to work out with would be to help with keeping your back straight...and then not even. To me, IMO, it's like lifting with heels.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It makes you sweat more from your midsection. I guess that would help "shape" you for like an hour, until you drank more fluids and rehydrated.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Dumbest. Thing. I've ever. Seen.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I think almost every woman including the only female PT wears one in my gym. I want to cringe every time I see the ridiculousness.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why is this a thing?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Why is this a thing?

Same reason herbalife and shakeology and spirulina and vibration plates and whatever else are things. People want to believe in magic.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Why is this a thing?

Same reason herbalife and shakeology and spirulina and vibration plates and whatever else are things. People want to believe in magic.

Don't forget red light therapy (or whatever it was).
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Naener wrote: »
    "mobilizing fat cells" LOL wth.... fat cells go mobile.. lol like they travel or wiggle. im dying

I'd like my fat cells to mobilize and grab me a beer.

I like you.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't even wear spanx because they make me miserable - I cannot see the benefit of something like this. Plus, how do you not toot the whole time you're wearing one?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Why is this a thing?

Don't forget red light therapy (or whatever it was).

Infrared sauna! My aesthetician is so sweet, she keeps offering to let me use her new infrared sauna for free. She's so into it. But normally she charges people $1/minute to sit in it...luckily she does know what she's doing when it comes to facials.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    From the website:
    You wrap the band around your midsection. This action creates compression in your core, stimulating thermal activity and ramping up perspiration. This process allows toxins and impurities to exit the skin, while mobilizing fat cells. Put simply, the band helps ensure that your workout is working for you. Get 150% out of your normal workout!

This girdle helps you get the figure you always wanted by instantly lifting, shaping and slimming the body and flattening your stomach, waist and hips. To lose weight and reduce waist measurements, it is recommended to wear the girdle between 8 to 10 hours a day. The Slimming Thermal Brief is the only clinically proven girdle that helps reduce waist measurements from 1 to 4 inches within 30 days.

Bolded the most ridiculous parts.

9vzYQwj.jpg

Why do people insist on these ridiculous, nonsensical schemes? Why can't working out, accurately weighing/measuring and logging your food just be enough?

*stomps off and mutters about kids these days*

Agree.
  • Mudrat29
    Mudrat29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Corseting is not for everyone but you do need to do some research people. To have your "innards" move you have to wear one 24/7 for years and then the movement is minimal( ribs and a little of your intestines) and there are some risks when wearing like this. For instance a part of your intestines can get pinched and cause medical issues.Always talk to your doctor before wearing a corset so they can help you understand how it will affect your body.
    There is no such thing as a corset diet they do not and will not ever make you lose weight. The only thing they do is yes restrict your movement, move your fat a little bit, and make it harder for you to overeat. Corsets are for shaping your waist. Like me for instance i wear a corset sometimes for about 8 hours a day for three days in a row, it gives me a waist for about a month and by the end of the month things have gone back to normal and I start over. Without doing this my waist is not visible (I'm straight as a board on my sides).
    A corset is suppose to fit nicely without hurting in anyway, if it does you're wearing it wrong. There is no pain after taking it off either. You do sweat more while wearing one and yes that helps till you eat or drink again that's it.
    I did extensive research before even thinking about it then some more before buying one. Please check your facts before trying said diets or jumping to conclusions about wearing corsets. lucycorsetry.com This young lady can give you a lot of insight on corseting. She talks about the facts, myths, and the do's and don't when it comes to this subject. Thank you end rant.

On a side note I agree with you ManiacalLaugh if we could turn our fat into adorable little fat pets, that would be totally AWESOME. I love them so much just tooo cute.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried a workout corset? I love the one on girly curves but need to find something cheaper as I'm having to get a new car after mine was totalled. Here's a link to the one I like but can't afford.
    http://www.girlycurves.com/collections/home-page/products/lovely-curves-workout-band

Can you afford a food scale?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't even wear spanx because they make me miserable - I cannot see the benefit of something like this. Plus, how do you not toot the whole time you're wearing one?

Spanx are my personal hell. No size fits and they really just smush all of my fat from one place to another. Especially those ones that are like weird shorts. So instead of having fat at the top of your thighs, now all of your fat is around your knees and you look like a homemade sausage. Attractive.

I actually bought some Spanx to wear under a dress to a wedding a couple of weeks ago because I'm a glutten for punishment and I apparently hate being comfortable.

The pair were almost like wearing a one-piece strapless bathing suit... I figured it was the least evil pair on the rack and since I took a small break from the gym, I needed something that wouldn't make me look like I was in my second trimester. I was so uncomfortable from having to keep pulling the damn thing up that I took them off and stuffed them in my purse before the cake was cut.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Mudrat29 wrote: »
    Corseting is not for everyone but you do need to do some research people. To have your "innards" move you have to wear one 24/7 for years and then the movement is minimal( ribs and a little of your intestines) and there are some risks when wearing like this. For instance a part of your intestines can get pinched and cause medical issues.Always talk to your doctor before wearing a corset so they can help you understand how it will affect your body.
    There is no such thing as a corset diet they do not and will not ever make you lose weight. The only thing they do is yes restrict your movement, move your fat a little bit, and make it harder for you to overeat. Corsets are for shaping your waist. Like me for instance i wear a corset sometimes for about 8 hours a day for three days in a row, it gives me a waist for about a month and by the end of the month things have gone back to normal and I start over. Without doing this my waist is not visible (I'm straight as a board on my sides).
    A corset is suppose to fit nicely without hurting in anyway, if it does you're wearing it wrong. There is no pain after taking it off either. You do sweat more while wearing one and yes that helps till you eat or drink again that's it.
    I did extensive research before even thinking about it then some more before buying one. Please check your facts before trying said diets or jumping to conclusions about wearing corsets. lucycorsetry.com This young lady can give you a lot of insight on corseting. She talks about the facts, myths, and the do's and don't when it comes to this subject. Thank you end rant.

On a side note I agree with you ManiacalLaugh if we could turn our fat into adorable little fat pets, that would be totally AWESOME. I love them so much just tooo cute.

I take it you didn't read the claims of the link the OP provided...
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I take it you didn't read the claims of the link the OP provided...

Also...I can barely wear "real" pants when I'm home lounging around my apartment. I can't even imagine trying to watch Netflix while suffering through wearing a corset.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Is it a freaking full moon around here lately? All the crazy. I can't even.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

No... just no...