*FOR WOMEN ONLY* men beware... Weight loss & Periods?

Options
Did any of you experience a hiccup in your menstrual cycle when you started this journey?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Periods gross out men. They do?

Anyways what kind of hiccup. You mean a missed period? interesting fluid coming out period?
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had irregular periods before I got healthy. Then they went to regular.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    yes most men get grossed out. and missed or delayed periods
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Same

I think some people who start exercising that didnt previous have had your issue when they first start though. I would just wait it out if you are really concerned take a test or go to the dr.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

I think you should get different men in your life.

Half the population has a menstrual cycle. It is not gross.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Periods gross out men. They do?

Anyways what kind of hiccup. You mean a missed period? interesting fluid coming out period?

LOL This is why men shouldn't read this one.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've only been working out and dieting for a couple months but both periods I've had since I started were lighter and shorter.
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that the more weight I've gained, the more irregular my periods have gotten. Now they're few and far between, which on one hand is nice... but on the other hand, I know it's not right. I'm hoping that as I get down towards a more normal weight my cycle will also become more regular.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

haha the ones in my life aren't grossed out by it... just based on past experience.
    jmac4263 wrote: »

Same

I think some people who start exercising that didnt previous have had your issue when they first start though. I would just wait it out if you are really concerned take a test or go to the dr.

I'm not overly concerned right now because I started working out and I'm stressed to the max which is notorious for me to cause them to be late. I just didn't know about the working out thing until recently and I didn't know if there was any truth to it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    only thing I have experienced is heavier flow but that could be due to being in perimenopause. other than that I do have some spotting here and there that I hadnt had before I had kids or when I started working out. but not too worried about it. if you work out aggressively it can interrupt periods or even cause them to stop. If that is what you mean by a hiccup but if you missed any always test to be sure its not a pregnancy. It could also be something else entirely as well.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

I'm going through the exact opposite. I was completely regular prior to losing weight, and I suddenly became irregular within the past 3-4 months. My past two cycles have been more than 60 days (this current one is 73+ days, but they're normally around 35 days). This past month feels like never-ending PMS. :lol:
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

I'm going through the exact opposite. I was completely regular prior to losing weight, and I suddenly became irregular within the past 3-4 months. My past two cycles have been more than 60 days (this current one is 73+ days, but they're normally around 35 days). This past month feels like never-ending PMS. :lol:

This explains so much LOL
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I had one month where my period stop after two days

AND THEN RESTARTED FOR ANOTHER HALF DAY. I had no idea that was possible.

My cycle got shorter--it's now 24 days between periods, instead of closer to 28.

The flow is a little lighter--just some spotting on the third day.

I have heard that these issues will resolve themselves when I'm no longer dieting (I'm working on vanity pounds now) so I'm not worried.
  • Mangsney
    Mangsney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ha, I was going to post something very similar!

In the past, I've noticed that mine would get more regular and lighter when losing as well. I'm over 6 kg heavier than my lightest at the moment and they're sort of all over the place. I'm really hoping it'll sort itself out as I get healthier and fitter. I don't particularly like the idea of getting on the pill, but I might have to because I'm 34 and it's just ridiculous :D
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I am ovulating on time for the past two months (we've been trying to get pregnant for quite awhile and are dealing with secondary infertility, so I time my ovulation every month). I had been ovulating anywhere from day 16 - 21 of my cycle, and now, I swear, I ovulated on day 14 last month and it looks like I'm headed that way this month, too. I have never in my LIFE ovulated on day 14 before now, so I don't know if it's related or not (all I know is that it threw us off last month).
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I don't know who told you that. Men like age 18+ think periods are gross. Did they not learn about it in high school. Were they not around periods if they had a girlfriend. I will say I have never been around a women who was bettering themselves in this way so I wanted to know you know just in case I have a daughter in the future. I would like to say more than ask your mother.

Give it so more time as you keep progressing. If it does not normal out after a few month then I would go see a doctor. Yes I am taking a wild guess because IDK.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

Maybe it those young guys she talking about. I only know one guy who is grossed out by periods. He could be an exception though because he told me the story why. I just laughed and said what did you expect to happen cousin.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I skipped a few periods when I started getting close to my goal. They came back when I switched to maintenance. They also went from incredibly heavy (I'm talking 'wearing two extra long overnight pads at once and still leaking' heavy) to very light.

PMS has got way worse though. I turn into a farnished monster 5 days a month and it's pretty much prevented me from losing my last 3 pounds the last year.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

I think that you seriously underestimate men.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My period is all over the place now. It was most dependable during the 6 years after I had my daughter when I was fat and inactive.