*FOR WOMEN ONLY* men beware... Weight loss & Periods?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I've always been regular (and on the pill, so I should be regular), but this month it was only 2 days long instead of my normal 5 (thought it was on time). I have no idea why it was so short this time, other than being close to goal.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I skipped a few periods when I started getting close to my goal. They came back when I switched to maintenance. They also went from incredibly heavy (I'm talking 'wearing two extra long overnight pads at once and still leaking' heavy) to very light.

PMS has got way worse though. I turn into a farnished monster 5 days a month and it's pretty much prevented me from losing my last 3 pounds the last year.

Same. I was able to stick to a deficit throughout (not as steep, but still under maintenance), but the last several months I've been over my maintenance a couple days, and at maintenance for 2-3 more.

I was also very heavy (tampon doubled up with a pad for two days) and am now much lighter.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I get mine every 28 days like clock work. I use a period tracking app and it's always right on time.
  • Mangsney
    Mangsney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I get mine every 28 days like clock work. I use a period tracking app and it's always right on time.

I hope you appreciate just how lucky you are!! :p
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    AAAACCCKKKK!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG

PERIOD THREAD!
    PERIOD THREAD!

*gag*

EEEEWWWWWW, I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!

Seriously. We're adults. It's not a big deal.
  • Aceydeal
    Aceydeal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't been counting calories long enough to notice a change, but I have wondered what the monthly fluctuations in weight will be. Seems I always gain right before (water weight?).
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had the longest period of my life. Seriously. 7 days, all heavy to the point I was changing products almost hourly, and then it just stopped. I'm praying this month is back to normal.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    This makes for pretty interesting ready to one of the lucky regular as clockwork types. No matter how slim, how active or inactive I have been, on or off the pill, light or heavy, always regular. Don't know if I could stand the stress of never having even the vaguest idea when it would strike! So I'm over here empathising.
  • lauraesh0384
    Options
    Mangsney wrote: »

I hope you appreciate just how lucky you are!! :p

Oh, I do! I think maybe it's because I've never been on birth control, but I'm not entirely positive.

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Aunt Flo don't scare me

But don't leave tampons in my glove box please. Makes for hilarity at Starbucks when I'm reaching for my wallet and a few fall out

Yes this happened

The chic at the drive thru could not hold it and snorted a laugh

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Here goes! Full disclosure. I always gain an obscene amount of weight every month before my period. So, my weight loss journey has been super slow. And it's not because i'm eating pounds of chips and ice cream (though that sounds fabulous). I don't poo. Especially before my period. In talking to others it's not alllll that uncommon. Like today is nearly 5 days of no-go and my period was due today. It's very uncomfortable. Makes me moody, and I have to force myself to work out or the mood gets worse. Just plain old sucks. So I just plug along and I don't weigh myself until this goes away.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    What kind of guy gets grossed out by that? Mine would go to the store and buy products for me! Although I did feel bad when he had to go buy me a billion cheap super absorbent pads after I had our daughter, because I was under advisory to not go up and down stairs for a while.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    sadiebrawl wrote: »
    Here goes! Full disclosure. I always gain an obscene amount of weight every month before my period. So, my weight loss journey has been super slow. And it's not because i'm eating pounds of chips and ice cream (though that sounds fabulous). I don't poo. Especially before my period. In talking to others it's not alllll that uncommon. Like today is nearly 5 days of no-go and my period was due today. It's very uncomfortable. Makes me moody, and I have to force myself to work out or the mood gets worse. Just plain old sucks. So I just plug along and I don't weigh myself until this goes away.

My hiccup being I find it hard to lose weight, not change in cycle.... should clarify. I know it wasn't exactly what you were asking, but in case anyone reads and has similar issues... you're not alone!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Mine are a lot heavier and the cramps have gotten a lot worse, kind of like being a teenager again, and not in a good way. I assume the cramping is because there's not as much fat buffering the contractions.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My period goes on, unfortunately. :( If I start using protein powders, I get a lot of spotting, but it doesn't affect my period.

I did and do know quite a few men who are sickened by the results of a menstrual cycle.
    kt7ooyt1x9jp.gif

PS sorry if the gif doesn't animate on here.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    aletupe wrote: »
    I haven't been counting calories long enough to notice a change, but I have wondered what the monthly fluctuations in weight will be. Seems I always gain right before (water weight?).

I get either a gain, or when I was heavy, it masked my loss.
  • lauraesh0384
    Options
    In the past when my period would start, I always expected to gain 5-7 lbs during that week. Now I very carefully monitor my sodium intake since that effects if I pack on extra water weight or not. I actually managed to lose a couple pounds this cycle. :) It might be due to the fact that my cramps weren't as bad, so I didn't need to take ibuprofen or anything, which that in itself can make you retain water.