Fast food salads

Options
13»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Seanb_us wrote: »
    Oh, the time factor is I have an hour at lunchtime that is dedicated only to lunch, but my mornings and evenings are much busier with lots of things going on. A bunch of restaurants within a 5-minute drive. (Really, I should work on getting up an hour earlier .... ;) )

hey man, there is a problem for every solution if you want.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So yeah, thanks, I get that there's a problem for every solution. So, I had asked specifically this:

"So, any thoughts about eating sensibly at fast food joints? Subway excepted, what other fast food salads are there worth trying?"

Cheers.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If the fast food restaurants are only a 5 minute drive away, why not walk there and then get something with slightly more calories that actually tastes good/fills you up?
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Maybe 3 miles no sidewalks at 40mph ... What's that at walking speed? 40 minutes one way?

I sort of had an idea of exercise as a different thread for weight loss. And, I didn't really want to confuse my goals with exercise with food all in one thread. So, I was asking about food. Good thoughts though. Some walking is better than none.

Cheers,

Sean
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So yeah, thanks, I get that there's a problem for every solution. So, I had asked specifically this:

"So, any thoughts about eating sensibly at fast food joints? Subway excepted, what other fast food salads are there worth trying?"

Cheers.

So asking again... why salads? You can find some 550 calories meals at some restaurants that are more filling than salads. Also, you still haven't mentioned what kind of restaurants are in your area, so it's impossible to give a good answer.

But to answer your question, in the exception of Panera, I find fast food salads disgusting.
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Thanks! My bad. I thought asking "So, any thoughts about eating sensibly at fast food joints? Subway excepted, what other fast food salads are there worth trying?" didn't require knowing what restaurants are in my area. Will be more careful next time. Cheers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well. Maybe someone will have the time and patience to look up every single restaurant chain and see what low calorie options they have for you then. I certainly don't. Sorry I can't help.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Arby's has a good salad. It's called the Farmhouse Salad. It's pretty big, but I can't remember how many calories.
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    "Well. Maybe someone will have the time and patience to look up every single restaurant chain and see what low calorie options they have for you then. I certainly don't. Sorry I can't help."

That wasn't what I asked, but thanks for considering it. Cheers.
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Will checkout Arby's. Looking for good salad. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Will checkout Arby's. Looking for good salad. :)

So... go to the restaurants in your area and try the different salads there. Your own personal preferences are your own. No one can tell you what salads you'll like, can they?