Help please :( ...struggling

Options
2»

Replies

• labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You didn't undo much in one day, you just added a lot of water to your body. Lots of food + salt = bloating. Stop worrying when you fall off it is not the end. Do not get caught in the all or nothing mentality of fitness/health/weight. If you want motivation it should be to have the greatest quality of life and watch your kids grow old, you don't have to be a fitness model, skinny or on a diet all the time to achieve that. Walking, plus some running/playing around with your children and for extra credit some body weight stuff will help you reach your goals.

Best Regards.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You should be able to lose about a pound a week with 1500 calories per day. That number should easily go up to 1700-1800 if you exercise about an hour per day. That's a few more calories to play with, especially since you won't necessarily want certain things everyday. Just a buffer you can dip into whenever you want to, and still be successful. I do agree that an all or nothing approach is not necessary and may not always be that useful
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You're not alone (as you can see from this thread alone) .... you CAN do this .... it will start with one decision at a time, one bite at a time, one step at a time, one pound at a time .....
    Don't begrudge yourself for getting on the treadmill .... you did it! It might not "undo" all that you'd done, but you took the steps of turning around back into the right direction! I'd gotten off track for awhile (put five pounds back on). I could kick myself because I know how hard it was to drop those pounds ..... however, I'm determined to try and not beat myself up over it and just now keep moving forward in the right direction and make each day a little better than the day before.
  • iamthechud
    iamthechud Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some really good advice on here, would defo say don't deny yourself the food you like. I did for a year and yeah I lost weight but put it all on in binge sessions, they say you won't miss it but I did. Now if I want something unhealthy I eat it, but I make sure I earn it. Maybe that's wrong but it's worked for me so far. Lost about 3 stone so far. Feel free to friend me if your looking for support, I know I could always do with some more :-)