How do you keep yourself disciplined?

Options
13»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I keep myself disciplined during the work week, by being fairly undisciplined on the weekends and focusing on healthy eating. I care about my weight, but I care about my overall heatlh even more.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    By trying. Try, fail, try again, fail better.

Making changes is tough. For some, it's going to require a lot of work. You make adjustments as you go.

As long as you know what you want and you work toward having it, you'll get there.
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would say it's like doing anything important and necessary in your life--I just made a decision to commit to it because it's valuable to me. If something interferes with my commitment to it, like I exceed my calories a lot one day, I evaluate why and try to strengthen my commitment in the following days.

Also, I'm working on thinking about exercise as just another routine part of my day...almost like showering or brushing my teeth. These things just happen everyday and there is not a ton of resistance to get it done! They are just habits that I don't even think about anymore.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    As I get healthier and see results, discipline is easier to come by.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Once I committed to logging, everything else fell into place because I don't like going over my calorie budget. I also don't like losing my streak.

I know what I need to do to stay in a calorie deficit - what foods to buy, what meals to make, how much exercise I need to get, and just do it.