Options

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Dawn410 wrote: »
    Dawn410 wrote: »
    Sounds like the leptin diet works because:

1) most peoples' after dinner eating is usually high calorie ( think cookies, ice cream, chips, buttered popcorn). Skip that, and you Eliminate those calories.

2) Eating 3 meals a day ensures you are eating eating at regular intervals, so you are less likely to binge.

3) No large meals = fewer calories

4)Breakfast containing protein= You'll feel fuller longer and not have blood sugar spikes

5) Reduce carbs. Most of the carbs weeat are refined and full of calories. Reduce those , you reduce your caloric intake, and losee weight.
    1) Not if you just move those calories to earlier in the day.

2) 2 meals a day and 6 meals a day could also occur at regular intervals.

3) Not if you eat more at the smaller meals to make up for the calories missing from the large meal.

4) What if you don't feel hungry in the morning?

5) Carbs have four calories per gram, regardless of how refined or not they are.

It sounds like most of your reasons for believing the leptin diet works comes down to fewer calories. Any approach in which you eat less than you burn will work.

I think that's her point... she wasn't the one originally saying she's on the leptin diet. She's just trying to find reasons why that diet might lead to you losing weight.
    Except her reasons don't make sense. Why is three meals a day "regular intervals" but six isn't, for example? If her point is that lower calories works then, yeah, that's great, but there's no reason to have to jump through those silly hoops to get lower calories.

A) I don't don't follow any special diet. I try to eat healthy and stay within my calories. I was just pointing out why it probably works.

B) I'm glad your diet works for you. It won't work for everyone. Some people need more rigidity than others. So, yay for you and what works for you, go get a sticker of something. But the world doesn't revolve around just you, so there are different eating styles for different people. Nobody said there is only 1 way.
    I didn't say you followed any special diet, did I?

Right, nobody said there is only one way. Including me. I just said that the rationalizations you gave for the rules don't necessarily apply.

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    CICO/IIFYM/IF - calorie deficit, eating smaller portions of whatever I want, don't eat breakfast, snack for lunch and huge dinner.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    PTFFD diet

Put the f**king fork down

LOL - it's post like these that make me wish there was a like button for forum messages. :D
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    SJCP190815 wrote: »
    I have tried Slimming World, and I've tried Calorie Counting BUT what diet works for you and why? What does is it consist of? How much weight have you lost, and how long did it take you to loose it?

What diet works for me: CICO - I follow the calories MFP gives me.
    Why does it work: simple math
    What does it consist of: plugging into into MFP and following it's recommended calories
    How much weight have you lost: 30 lbs
    How long did it take: tough to answer this because I started CICO without really using MFP 2 years ago and the weight slowly came off by then I have a very long plateau. When I got serious about weighing and logging food this year, I was right on track at a speed of .5 lb per week.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit/the immutable laws of the universe.

Anything else is just a way to achieve the above.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and kind of trying to meet my macros. I never hit protein and I always go over in carbs, but that's ok.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    SJCP190815 wrote: »
    I have tried Slimming World, and I've tried Calorie Counting BUT what diet works for you and why? What does is it consist of? How much weight have you lost, and how long did it take you to loose it?

IIFYM with a calorie deficit
  • abbeslbn
    abbeslbn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting - leangains. i don't need anything else, this diet is f* perfect :).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I follow my own diet. It's mostly just eating normal amounts of healthy food. I pay some special attention to getting things into my diet that I need, but don't get enough of, like iron and protein (those two things can get solved together, lol.) I keep the fat pretty low.

I've lost at least 85 pounds, but don't know exactly what I weighed when I began, so it is probably more.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Count my calories and try to balance my macros as much as I can. I still eat sweets but much smaller portions. Gym 4-5/week. Baby steps to build good habits for the past year.
  • bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    AlinaMek wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)
    I started 2 weeks ago with the Leptin Diet. I wish to loose 21lbs and lost until now 3.3 lbs.
    In the first week it was really difficult, but since 3 days I don't feel cravings anymore ;)

The 5 rules of the Leptin Diet:
    Rule 1: Never eat after dinner.
    Rule 2: Eat three meals a day.
    Rule 3: Do not eat large meals.
    Rule 4: Eat a breakfast containing protein.
    Rule 5: Reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten.
    Why? Why? Why would any of those rules work better than just eating at a deficit?

Well, I think weight loss has to occur in a way that works for you. I have gone up and down in weight trying to do what other people say and at their pace instead of just doing what works for me. Personally, I cannot go long periods, months on end, feeling hungry. I end up binging and gaining more weight back. Now, I am just going to do this slow. I am still trying to figure out my good zone where I lose weight and eat enough to feel satisfied and can maintain it long term. I think more very obese people should just try to lose a little every month, like 2-4 lbs, and they would get to their goals eventually and not feel like they are even restricting, so that is what I am aiming to do. Slowly increasing activity is something I am going to work on as well. Activity has always been my weak point. It's better to get to my goals eventually than never. I am looking into eating a very balanced diet, kind of an IIFYM mixed with The Zone, still working that out though.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I used to do low carb (keto), but I decided to increase my carbs while still being in a caloric deficit. I'm much happier and not as stressed out because I can't have certain foods. Not to mention my weight loss is better than when I did low carb. I think low carb was not allowing my body to get enough of the essential minerals. I'm actually meeting my calcium and iron micros on most days. I also have a lot more energy. Low carb made me a walking zombie, which wasn't good since I work in a fast paced field (veterinary medicine).
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want within my calorie deficit.

Over time, I've been able to tweak that for my own personal preferences: I "save up" calories during the week and have a much higher calorie goal on Saturdays, I am relatively low carb during the day and tend to have the majority of my carbs at night, I don't really eat much breakfast, and if I do, it's later in the morning.

But, all of those tricks just help me to stay within my calorie goal. And some days I just don't care and I choose to blow my goal or not track; then I get right back to it.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I follow the "eat anything you want, but not everything at once, and not all the time, and be less lazy" program. The name should be self-explanatory. I like it because I love food and I'm lazy.

I lost 45 pounds in one year, and five more while easing into maintenance.

This made me giggle.
  • Colette9463
    Colette9463 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just count the calories, stay at 1200 and make sure to always burn 500 more than I eat at the minimum. I eat 5-6 small meals and drink at least 64oz of water a day.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I eat Paleo but I also keep track of my calories and macros to make sure that I am eating enough and staying at a deficit. Doing this since September I have lost 45 pounds and have about 15 to go.
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Cucumber Cleanse diet. I haven't lost any weight, but I have an uncontrollable urge to dip myself into a bowl of hummus.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    When I was losing (the word is not "loosing") weight, I ate less than I burned. Now I aim at eating a balance of foods within the maintenance level I'm at.

The problem with being "on" a diet, is that you can go "off". It takes the effort of changing your mindset to think of this as a lifestyle change.

Over 90% of people who lose weight gain it back within 1 - 5 years because of this mentality. It's worth paying attention to this statistic.
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Cucumber Cleanse diet. I haven't lost any weight, but I have an uncontrollable urge to dip myself into a bowl of hummus.

Now who would flag this post? It's funny, people! :p