How much does everyone pay monthly for gym? and what do you get with that?

Options

Replies

• shetripsalot
    shetripsalot Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a personal trainer that comes to my home gym 2x week ($20 each session) for lifting & 1x week for Boot Camp for me & my friends ($8.00 each session).
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    $27.50 (tax included) for a network of gyms using myhealthways.com

I can go to any gym in the network. I can go to a YMCA that has a pool if I like, Anytime fitness, Snap fitness, local community gyms, local non-franchise gyms, Jazzercise Center, tennis courts, . Myhealthways is offered through Blue Cross. I have a lot of options when it comes to gyms. I have no shortage of equipment I have access to - it really depends on my mood an what I want to do that day. Many of the gyms that I go to on the network charge more than $27.50 a month so I definitely feel like I get my money's worth for $27.50/mo for the network.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You all have some expensive gyms! I go to YouFit for $17 a month. The first year is about $10 a month.
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My work allows employees and volunteers to use the facility gym free of charge. It has cardio equipment, cable weights, free weights, basketball court, etc. It has everything I need! And my husband volunteers occasionally so he has access to the gym as well.

Before we realized that he could also have access to my work gym, we thought about joining a local gym that is $15/month and has cardio equipment, cable weights, and free weights. It would have worked for how cheap it is (compared to the other options in town--next cheapest is almost $50/month).
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK l pay £12.99 per month for lifestylefitness.co.uk/ and includes free classes
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for Fitness Works in AZ, plus another $15 for daycare. When I was losing the weight I didn't have a gym, but I started going last year and my 3yr old got addicted. He loves getting to play with other little ones so he drags me there every day. I think $25 a month is totally worth the 40hrs a month of baby socialization and the bonus is my *kitten* has never looked so good.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    $63 for 2 adults. 2 basketball courts, indoor track (12 laps/mile), full weight room, many cardio machines; 3 group fitness rooms (classes included), one lap pool, one large hot tub, one recreation pool (indoor) with water slide and kiddie zone, water volleyball/basketball, small lazy river. It's amazing.

The Hub in Marion, IL
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I pay zero dollars at my gym because I'm a member of Silver Sneakers which comes with several Medicare plans, but my gym charges around $30-$35 ($29 if you pay for the full year) per month for youngsters under 65. Open from 5:30AM to 11PM.

Full service gym; classes, tons of machines, spin, TRX, HIT, plus juice bar and special Pilates studio in addition to the no-charge with membership Pilates classes. Other classes include yoga, Zumba, cardio dance, cardio kickboxing, Body Pump, etc. Showers in the locker room and members also have access to the gym's two locations.

There's a great mix of people from serious body builders to the elderly; some in their 90s.

No pool or sauna but I'm in South Florida so the sauna is outside (90 degrees today) and the beach or a pool is just a few minutes away.

Silver Sneakers is great if you're over 65 because you can join as many gyms as you want in your area and take full advantage of them all.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    $20 planet fitness. My lunch hour is spent there.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    $40 and that includes everything....machines, weights, most classes, basketball courts, tennis courts, racquetball courts, pool, hot tub, sauna.
  • MsWeightlift
    MsWeightlift Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    100$. It's more of a weightlifting club than a gym, so there are only about 14-15 regulars with LOTS of group workouts. Its a really tight-knit group :)
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    $150 for crossfit. Worth every penny.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    wow some of those Gyms sound great. I feel ripped off hahahha.

I pay $45 a month for access to all "Lattitude Gyms."

On the first floor a sauna, steam-room, Olympic size pool, hot tub, weight room, some exercise machines, stair masters etc. The bar where you can sit at an order drinks and an indoor basketball court.

Second Floor is for classes and a woman's only section and a lot more cardio machines and a place to stretch out. Plus it has an indoor track circling around the basketball court which is on the first level. It is covered in windows so you can always see outside also.

It also has a Spa Najoli, which isnt part of the Gym but is located in the main entrance of the Gym, if that makes sense. They have a childcar but you'd think it would be included in the price but nope.

I believe that's about it.
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    husseycd wrote: »
    My gym is spendy at about $85/month. I'd explain the amenities, but it's easier to link the website. clubwoodside.com/
    I was about to sign up until I realized it was Westwood in Kansas, not California. :) Looks nice and I like the nutrition aspect included. That seems rare with gyms.

• bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    100$. It's more of a weightlifting club than a gym, so there are only about 14-15 regulars with LOTS of group workouts. Its a really tight-knit group :)

That sounds like the type of gym that I would enjoy. I really prefer the interaction and camaraderie of group workouts at the gym over everything else. I would rather work out with other people. It is a lot more motivating and fun. I am pretty heavy now though and my gym has few beginner type workouts so I can't wait until I get thinner. It would be nice if there were more YMCA type classes for older people and obese beginners.

I go to a local Gold's Gym and it is $64 a month for my husband and I. There is free childcare for up to 2 hours 6 days a week ( i think), a pool and hottub, classes in yoga, zumba, spinning, weights, step, martial arts, etc., a level with aerobic machines and a little track, a level with weights and weight machines, a woman's only area, a cardio cinema room where movies are played every day of the week with lots of aerobic machines, a tanning area, and a place to get smoothies and that is about it. It is really nice and really worth the money considering we take our son regularly to the childcare probably at least 8 hours a week. He really likes to go and asks to go every morning.

So far i like the woman's only area, the pool and the cardio cinema room the best. There is privacy in the women's area and the cardio room ---and at the pool, for the aquafit classes, a supportive environment.
  • pzyxian
    pzyxian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    $185 / month in San Francisco's Equinox Sports Club.
    Has an indoor basketball court, pool, steam, the generic stuff you would expect in a premium gym.
    However, this thing is getting too $$$. Might switch soon I think.
    Last but not least, the biggest perk here is that you have a chance to meet Lebron James, Chris Paul, or whoever visiting basketball team that is in town facing the SF Warriors.

During the finals in June the whole Cavaliers team was there and I just worked out next to them. Fist bump / chit chat / etc. I was content with what I paid because of this alone.
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada so gyms are more expensive here from what I see in the US.

I'm paying $300/month for a family of 3. However this is with Lifetime Fitness which is more of a resort than just a gym. Massive 3 story building of just about anything you'd want in a gym and then some.

I'll see if it's worth it long term but it's extra motivation for me to go given the cost lol and I am loving it so far.

Not much more than GoodLife and YMCA. Biggest thing is free child care otherwise it'd be pretty much impossible for me and my wife to go.
  • Cambria76
    Cambria76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    $29.99 a month....it's 24 hour fitness. I get gym equipment...and it's open at 3am. Oh and some eye candy here and there :)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    wow some of those Gyms sound great. I feel ripped off hahahha.

I pay $45 a month for access to all "Lattitude Gyms."

On the first floor a sauna, steam-room, Olympic size pool, hot tub, weight room, some exercise machines, stair masters etc. The bar where you can sit at an order drinks and an indoor basketball court.

Second Floor is for classes and a woman's only section and a lot more cardio machines and a place to stretch out. Plus it has an indoor track circling around the basketball court which is on the first level. It is covered in windows so you can always see outside also.

It also has a Spa Najoli, which isnt part of the Gym but is located in the main entrance of the Gym, if that makes sense. They have a childcar but you'd think it would be included in the price but nope.

I believe that's about it.

At least you live close to the 'good' one... The one in Andover is my primary gym. So small. No pool. I dislike that you have to pay for any access to a trainer.

Prior to this I belonged to the fitness center at my employer... $25 a month. Still pretty small, but I had unlimited access to trainers.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do small group (14 people max) high-interval training classes. They call it indoor bootcamp, but everyone is really nice, nobody yelling at you like a drill sergeant. Anyway, it's anywhere from $12 to $20 per class depending on what package you choose. Pricey, but I need someone to egg me on and tell me what to do. Left to my own devices I am lazy.