Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi what is your calorie allowance?

Initial W: 182
    CW: 170
    GW: 154

I am currently on 1,100 a day but find myself going over to 1, 300.

Is this realistic if I want to be 154 by October? I lost 13 lbs pretty quickly, the last 6 is getting v hard to shift and I was wondering if I should drop it to 1000 a day

any help/support will be great

1300 is better than 1100, especailly since you find yourself going over. If you can't sustain 1100 then that's too little. You could probably eat even more and still lose 16 lbs. by October.

How tall are you? How often and how long and what type of exercise do you do?

I am 52, female and currently weigh 157. I eat about 1300 -1500 during the week and don't track on weekends. I don't binge on weekends, but I do eat and drink quite a bit more. I had been maintaining my initial loss for a couple of years and now losing a bit more. About .5 every 1 to 1.5 weeks so far (but it's only been a couple weeks).
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1845 and MFP set a 1310 daily calorie limit which goes up when I exercise. I'm sticking to their suggestion now as I just started two weeks ago. I weighed myself 2 weeks ago at the start of my adventure and don't plan on weighing again until the four week mark. I am going to give myself a few months at their suggested limit plus my exercise plan and see what happens before I change it. If anyone thinks this isn't a good idea or has some helpful advice feel free to reply!
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    1760 is my base but on days where i get at least 10,000 steps, i up it to about 2,000

I'm a 5'8 male at 240. Goal weight is 150
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I log my weight myfitnesspal wants me to get at least 1800 for how active my lifestyle is. I usually have trouble getting that though, except for my cheat days. So I guess after that it evens out for the week.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 times a week and do cardio 3 times a week, each for about an hour. 3,000 daily to cut, 3,750-4,100 is maintenance.

ETA: 5'10" @ 193 lbs (right now)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I eat 1350 and then also half of my exercise calories.

I'm 5'8

Sw:185
    CW:159
    Gw:140 or so
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800 cals

SW 380
    CW 197.5
    GW 167
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for me is about 2800 calories daily. I eat about 2500-2700/day. I lost 35 lbs last year eating 2100 calories daily.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". SW: 184
    CW: 163
    GW: 150

Non workout days I eat 1650. Lifting days I eat 2500-2700. I'm hoping to reach my goal weight by September.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My sedentary maintenance is about 2100 calories. Current limit is 1900 a day before exercise, this is because I lift and have a specific running goal. I tried to do 1700, but I couldn't keep it because my lifting and running suffered. It's a work in progress, maybe in July I'll try 1800.

Edit: I'm 5'8" and currently 161 lbs.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am 196 right now (ive only been on MFP for less than two weeks), started was 199. Im 5'9" and my calories are 2200. I am also breastfeeding so I had to add in some calories for that, and I eat my exercise calories. It works out to be about TDEE - 15%. I exercise a lot so I have to eat haha.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me? Not sure if I'm eating too little. For the past 2 weeks, I've been eating 1200 calories, doing IF. Felt hungry at night all the time.

Yesterday I decided to up it to 1400 calories. CW:122 pounds, GW: 110 pounds, 5"7. I have a small frame and the fat/weight drops off really slowly since I'm not that heavy. I find eating my daily required calories a struggle unless I eat junk food. I want to lose 12 pounds by Oct/Nov 2013 in time for summer (Aussie here!)
  • kbauman09
    kbauman09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh 150, am 5'7", and have 19.6% body fat. I eat 1550 calories on a NON-workout day and then eat back 1/2 of the calories I burn when I work out (I use a heart rate monitor so that I have an exact calorie burn). Good luck!!!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

HW: 151
    CW: 146.5
    GW: 130-135 (looking more for inches lost/muscle gained than a specific number on the scale)

I'm currently at 1450 and will most likely increase it as my activity level increases and strength training improves.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ...As many as I want :wink:

1,100 is snack sized. I Wont EVER do that to myself again.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-starvation-experiment/
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    as many as allowed usually between 1300-1400 I eat them all. I hate to be hungry--if I am I will eat anything in sight.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'm currently eating at maintenance with 1820 calories and I eat calories burned from exercise back. I am 5'4 and 110 lbs.
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

eye opening study. Thanks for posting. Time for me to ease into a more reasonable net calorie rang (currently net below 1200 on a regular basis though I do eat 1300-1500)
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options

eye opening study. Thanks for posting. Time for me to ease into a more reasonable net calorie rang (currently net below 1200 on a regular basis though I do eat 1300-1500)

YAY! Someone read it! Just googling "the Minnesota Study" will open anybody's eyes if they will let them be opened :) There is no reason to starve ourselves, history has given us enough proof that it shouldn't be the answer. There is a way to lose weight in a healthy way, while EATING THE FOOD.
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

YAY! Someone read it! Just googling "the Minnesota Study" will open anybody's eyes if they will let them be opened :) There is no reason to starve ourselves, history has given us enough proof that it shouldn't be the answer. There is a way to lose weight in a healthy way, while EATING THE FOOD.

The sad thing is that after 42 years of having that 1200 calorie number drilled in my head, despite being an intelligent woman, and hearing over and over again here that its really not a good level for most people, it takes a conscious effort and a leap of faith to treat my body right. We have a whole generation or more of brainwashed people in my opinion. I am hoping to get this right and be able to teach my children (and friends and family!) a better way, using my success as proof :)