FINALLY GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!

Options

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hoppymom wrote: »
    How was your day? How can I help? What do you need from me? I'm on my way home do you need me to pick up anything on my way? she should be saying the same.

Good way to run off a girl, silly.

Everyone likes a little challenge?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Turn off your phone. Make her the center of your attention. If you run into people you know introduce her and then ask them to excuse the 2 of you because you want to spend time with just her. Open the door, tell her she looks beautiful, take her somewhere you think she will like, ask questions about her life. Depending on how long you have known her they can be simple things like - what are your hobbies, how many siblings do you have, where did you go to school, or if you know her fairly well be specific and ask about things you know are going on in her life like - does your mom like her new job, did you take spot to the vet, did you and Jane make plans for that surprise party. The important thing is to be interested in her, to give the impression that there isn't anything you don't want to know about her. If you are still enjoying each others company take her somewhere where the 2 of you can walk and talk so she knows you are interested in her and not just a booty call. Ask for the first kiss (its romantic). Make plans for the next contact - something like - I will call you tomorrow (and do it) or do you have plans for Sunday afternoon I was thinking of seeing a movie. Something so that she knows for sure you are interested is seeing her again.
  • ambernvarner
    ambernvarner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just be your best self and get out know each other. Idk how well you know each other yet but just ask the basics and delve deeper as time goes on. Try not to pry, but let it flow naturally and tell personal/funny stories along the way. Try to be a good listener and actually remember the conversation, that always means a lot.
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself! Kind. Respectful. Thoughtful. And expect the same in return. A relationship isn't a one way street.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    is this serious?
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    How was your day? How can I help? What do you need from me? I'm on my way home do you need me to pick up anything on my way? she should be saying the same.

Yeah *kitten* that. This is how you don't keep a girlfriend. Save that nonsense for when your married...wtf.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Nice! Have been getting that general vibe of making it about her (her needs/interests) above mine. Thanks!
    and this is how you will lose sight of yourself. LOL

Bro. Don't put her above you or you be above her..have balance.
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Make her laugh. Often. :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Just don't say after sex ( that's nothing like the movie's xxx) you will only make her po trust me
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ask her for help or advice.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're not nerdy lol
    Just be you. If she can't accept you for you, she's not worth it. A woman worth loving is one that will look past your flaws and love you as you are :)
  • cristical
    cristical Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    Well done.

I'm as charming as **** but I got married before I got fat. After I put on weight, I genuinely felt invisible, not that I was looking. However now, I'm definitely getting more attention.

"Im charming as ****"
    ^ this might have made my day lol!
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just have fun :D my girlfriend is my bestfriend and we laugh together all the time, i think this is very important :)
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just have fun :D my girlfriend is my bestfriend and we laugh together all the time, i think this is very important :)

Yes! This!! ^^
  • cristical
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just don't be a dick
    lol! Best discussion ever

• SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    That was your confidence, not your looks.
    If it's because of your looks, then she's not worth more than.....

How is going off "confidence" any better or different than "looks"? Its just as "shallow" as you are judging a "looks" girl as being.
  • cristical
    Options
    Questions to ask:
    What do you want to have accomplished ten years from now?
    What do you do for fun?
    Do you want kids or do you have kids?
    What religion are you? (This may or may not matter for some)
    Just find out if you have a lot in common.
    There will be fights. Is she the one you can fight for the rest of your life?
    Compliment her, don't lie, show affection, be a gentleman, have fun with her, show her attention, make her a priority and be loyal.
    Then realize you will fail at some of this because you are human, so learn to forgive yourself and learn from it.
    Relationships take constant work, we just have to figure out who is worth the hard work.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Congrats on your new self confidence. It must be showing.

You could maybe ask her how she is with money, if she wants kids, if she's hoping to be married some day, if religion is important to her, what she wants out of life... you know... get the big stuff out of the way so you know if you're compatible/looking for the same thing right now.

That sounds like a stage five clinger. Oh never gave time of how how he was dating but I would not want some of those questions coming up too early.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Congratulations. Your personality couldn't find you a good woman, so you managed to find someone who is more interested in your physique.

50514_106660512697064_2240691_n.jpg

Not exactly, looks get a girl, but personality keeps one. That is why I started this thread :)

But if you are not yourself then you become fake in her eyes and that doesn't keep women around either. If you want more help would it be smart to ask people you know in real life for help that know you. They can cater answer to your personality or even better you find yourself and go with what you know works.

BTW I kind of get this thread but I don't understand what is wrong with talking to the opposite sex? Do you treat the opposite sex different?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    is this serious?

@Liftng4Lis It could be. IDK OP but I do know men who find talking to women to be the hardest thing in the world. I often find that these men have weird expectations and treat women differently.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!