FINALLY GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!

Options

Replies

• redperphexion
    redperphexion Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Be honest, put all your cards on the table. If she doesn't like them now, better to know now than X number of years into it! That's how I weeded them out to find my hubbs. lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Geeky-Katy-Perry-Dancing-Music-Video.gif

SNORT!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Flo
    9oyz73kk90rc.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    2. Be honest with yourself and your girlfriend at all times

There are times when this advice is really, really bad...
    If one can't be honest with him or herself and the relationship, something is not right, in my opinion.

I don't see speaking the truth in love as a bad thing at times. Granted, the truth may not always be received as we would like but, I think it is important to be honest with ourselves and the person we are dating or married to.

Does my bum look big in this?
    You don't like my mother do you?
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options

If one can't be honest with him or herself and the relationship, something is not right, in my opinion.

I don't see speaking the truth in love as a bad thing at times. Granted, the truth may not always be received as we would like but, I think it is important to be honest with ourselves and the person we are dating or married to.

I would be honest with both those questions.

If one feels he or she can't be honest with his or her best friend, confidant, and lover, in any area of life, (no matter how small or big) that doesn't speak very highly of the relationship, in my opinion.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    Who does like their mother in law? I thought that was every guys god given right to dislike their mother in law. :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

For the first question there is a correct answer based on who you are dating.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I think its serious, so good luck and as said previously dont be a dick.
    Maybe cut back on mirror time.
    If you are going to lie then dont get caught. Better not to lie though.
    We need updates.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

If one feels he or she can't be honest with his or her best friend, confidant, and lover, in any area of life, (no matter how small or big) that doesn't speak very highly of the relationship, in my opinion.

Ok let me know how that works out for you :bigsmile:
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

True dat
  • yopeeps025
    Options

True dat

So what that means for me is find a women would loves her big butt later in life.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Given that you're on the internet asking a bunch of people what to ask your gf, I'd start with asking her if she's gf, because I'm wondering how you got far enough to know.
    I tend to find when they answer, "Wait, who are you?", I'm less confident about the whole thing.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Just remember women are crazy, all of them! They might hide it well but they are, maybe not stab you to death crazy but they will play mind games...ALL OF THEM!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Who does like their mother in law? I thought that was every guys god given right to dislike their mother in law. :)
    My ex-mother-in-law liked me - still likes me.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options

True dat

Do you realize how insulting it is, and shows a total lack of respect for your partner, when he or she is rebuked for speaking the truth in love? Why would you want to reenforce the ideal, that you want your partner to lie to you when it is convenient and to your liking?

Call me old fashioned but, I don't see advocating lying to someone you claim to care about as something that should be rationalized away much less applauded.

Speaking the truth in love is not always easy nor is it always easy to hear when it is about you. I have been on both sides of the honest fence many, many times. I would rather my lady feel she can come to me with anything on her heart, than hear "I didn't think you would understand" (translated: I didn't think I could be honest with you, because I thought you were like every other guy).
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Just remember women are crazy, all of them! They might hide it well but they are, maybe not stab you to death crazy but they will play mind games...ALL OF THEM!

While some men do say that about women. What do you think the women tell other women about men?

• yopeeps025
    Options

True dat

Do you realize how insulting it is, and shows a total lack of respect for your partner, when he or she is rebuked for speaking the truth in love? Why would you want to reenforce the ideal, that you want your partner to lie to you when it is convenient and to your liking?

Call me old fashioned but, I don't see advocating lying to someone you claim to care about as something that should be rationalized away much less applauded.

Speaking the truth in love is not always easy nor is it always easy to hear when it is about you. I have been on both sides of the honest fence many, many times. I would rather my lady feel she can come to me with anything on her heart, than hear "I didn't think you would understand" (translated: I didn't think I could be honest with you, because I thought you were like every other guy).

I so want to ask something but I would need more information before doing it. It really does not matter for you hopefully but I always wonder it for a future wife.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    My ex-mother-in-law liked me - still likes me.

lol I was joking, but am happy she likes you. But you never said if you liked her? :) I personally had to drop my mother in law from Facebook because she types in all caps. :)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

While some men do say that about women. What do you think the women tell other women about men?

Probably something pretty crazy
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Probably something pretty crazy

I can think of a lot of things that could be said.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

True dat

I know nothing of your relationship history but your profile states that you're still looking for "the one"

Theoretically deep and complete honesty looks like the foundation of a solid relationship, and it is. And please appreciate that a lot of my comments are tomfoolery

however I do believe there's a value in white lies on occasion and in all types of relationship because we are all human and in reality nobody wants that deep honest reaction to every single human interaction particularly when you live with someone for years and years and build a life together

Examples would be pretending you're interested in something because it gives your partner pleasure, saying or doing stuff because it makes them feel good

But Yes trust is important in relationships, as is integrity and honourable intentions

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!