That "holy" moment from people who see me after my weight loss transformation...

Options
13»

Replies

• msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just started in December and have over 200 lbs. to lose. So far I've lost 65 lbs.. My problem is that I can't really exercise because of mobility issues. I can't wait to get to my first 100 lb. loss. Hoping to do it by the end of the year. It looks like you didn't have any sagging skin issues. How did you achieve that? Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!!

There are several factors which help in avoiding sagging skin- The first and foremost is genetics... I have pretty good skin for a 45 year old guy. So does my mom.

Second, I used a variety of lotions for skin tightening (like CoQ10) and stuff for stretch marks. Combine this with wrapping. I wrapped my arms, thighs, abdomen, and chest every night.

Last, I tried "cryo-freezing" on my belly. This involves putting an ice pack on your stomach for half an hour a day. The theory behind it is that it supposedly "converts" the belly fat from white fat to brown fat which is easier for the body to burn. You can google "cryo freezing".

Whether these things work or not, I guess at the end of the day I can definitely see drastic improvements. I did have sagging skin several months ago. I also read that exercise definitely contributes to helping.

I am not recommending these things, however, I am willing to tell people the steps I have taken in my journey.

Thanks for the feedback. Great job on the 65 lbs so far!

I did not need to go on a diet or do crazy exercise. I needed to change my life. I have written a few articles on some of my journey. Best of luck and feel free to friend me if you want to talk more some time. I enjoy sharing to help others change their lives

Regards,

Mike
  • msharrington315
    Options
    GlassRocks wrote: »
    I recently enjoyed my 1st "ah moment" encounter with a friend I had not seen in almost a year after loosing near 60 lbs during that period.

-- I showed up at an event and smiled at my friend, she looked at me and smiled back, then continued her activity. I began talking to several people eventually making my way over to her .... "OH MY GOD! Is that ... you .... I just thought you were some nice smiling guy. I DIDN'T recognize you at all, you LOOK AMAZING!"

I've had several similar experiences since then, all very rewarding.

Yours is an inspiring story indeed - well done.

It is really cool when people see us the first time. I actually like "tricking" people to see if they know who I am... he he he

Thanks so much! Great job on your loss too!

Regards,

Mike
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • msharrington315
    Options
    Amazing

Thanks. It still amazes ME! :blush:
  • GlassRocks
    GlassRocks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ... Everyone wants a miracle pill or magic diet...

That's the complete truth RIGHT THERE! Lot's of people "want" to lose weight, but when it come to actually committing to changing their lives ... they simply want an easy remedy.

To see major change, you have to revise EVERYTHING - from the ground up.

We don't simply look different now, we literally ARE DIFFERENT! By shedding our weight we have been reborn and become new people! The process of finding ourself again intrinsically allows us to become intimate with who we truly are. I physically look different, yes - but I am psychologically as well.
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing! Helps me to keep the faith!
  • msharrington315
    edited August 2015
    Options
    GlassRocks wrote: »
    ... Everyone wants a miracle pill or magic diet...

That's the complete truth RIGHT THERE! Lot's of people "want" to lose weight, but when it come to actually committing to changing their lives ... they simply want an easy remedy.

To see major change, you have to revise EVERYTHING - from the ground up.

We don't simply look different now, we literally ARE DIFFERENT! By shedding our weight we have been reborn and become new people! The process of finding ourself again intrinsically allows us to become intimate with who we truly are. I physically look different, yes - but I am psychologically as well.

I agree!

You can lose weight using these "magic" solutions, however it will likely be short-term and you will have learned nothing to change your behavior or habits for the long term.
  • msharrington315
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing! Helps me to keep the faith!

If sharing my story can give hope to others, then I am more than happy to share. Check out my profile for some links to some articles I have written which can also be useful for motivating and getting ideas for making small changes to lead to BIG RESULTS. :smile:
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    I think it's nice that people asked if you were okay or had been sick. In the past I had an ED and lost so much weight I wouldn't let people hug me so I could keep it my little secret. If one person had asked if I were okay, maybe I could have recovered sooner.

I'm glad you lost weight the healthy way and get positive feedback. That's got to make your entire day. :)
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I checked out your website... Holy moley haha.
    I too had a few jaws drop... Priceless!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm waiting for this very moment myself! Can't. Flippin'. Wait. Of course, for now I get to see myself change daily in the mirror which is enough to carry me until the shocked looks arrive :D Congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • msharrington315
    Options
    I think it's nice that people asked if you were okay or had been sick. In the past I had an ED and lost so much weight I wouldn't let people hug me so I could keep it my little secret. If one person had asked if I were okay, maybe I could have recovered sooner.

I'm glad you lost weight the healthy way and get positive feedback. That's got to make your entire day. :)

The healthy way seemed like the most viable option for permanent weight loss. And maintenance is not easy either but I am committed to my new lifestyle!

Thanks!
  • msharrington315
    Options
    slimbettie wrote: »
    Congrats!
    I checked out your website... Holy moley haha.
    I too had a few jaws drop... Priceless!!!

It is amazing when I look back. I think I am going to change the focus of my story less on what happened with my dad and more on the emotional aspects I went through in order to get me to this place.

Thanks for checking it out!

Mike
  • msharrington315
    Options
    I'm waiting for this very moment myself! Can't. Flippin'. Wait. Of course, for now I get to see myself change daily in the mirror which is enough to carry me until the shocked looks arrive :D Congratulations, you look fantastic!

The "can't flippin wait..." mindset is what drove me. Every single day I wanted this so bad, I could taste it.

Thanks!
  • reachin
    reachin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome.....wonderful story...keep living life to the fullest!!
  • msharrington315
    Options
    reachin wrote: »
    That's Awesome.....wonderful story...keep living life to the fullest!!

Thank you. It is amazing what we can do when we set our minds on a goal and go for it like everything depends on it.
    “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!