Unfair Rant Time

Options

Replies

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    galaxyem wrote: »
    OKAY WHO ELSE THINKS IT'S UNFAIR THAT GUYS LOSE WEIGHT SO MUCH FASTER AND EASIER THAN WOMEN!?!?

The hell they do....

Yeah exactly. It's unfair that people think it's a cakewalk for guys.

If this is the case then why are there just as many overweight men?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think it's unfair that my fat deposits on my lower half, and in order to lose that fat I end up looking skeletal and ill on the top half. Stupid genetics. *shakes fist*
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's unfair that life's unfair?

LOL. I think it's unfair that I've always had to work at being fit and unfat and it never came easily for me.

Just kidding! It's actually an advantage. What worked for me when I was in my 20's still works in my 40's. Move more eat less.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think it's unfair that BMI penalizes tall people.

It doesn't. That's why height is part of the equation.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I believe that it's unfair to the dead, for those that're alive; to complain about life!

And I think it's unfair that dead people get to sleep as much as they want. It should be me sleeping that much. Me.

But. Wouldn't that make you dead too?

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Take it up with God/Allah/evolution/flying spaghetti monster/other being or event responsible for life. Or maybe blame the patriarchy :smiley:

Men apparently lose faster/easier but we seem to have lower % to get to for health.

As in 17% fat on men is equal to 22 or 25% on women isn't it?

But is there like science to back up men losing faster or easier? Or is this one of those made up things for women to complain about when men lose weight faster than them?

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    I think it's unfair that BMI penalizes tall people.

It doesn't. That's why height is part of the equation.
    It does, because it only rises as the square of the height but people's mass rises as more than the square but less than the cube. The farther you are from the mean, the more BMI understates what your mass should be if you're tall and overstates it if you're short.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work like that, OP.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    OKAY WHO ELSE THINKS IT'S UNFAIR THAT GUYS LOSE WEIGHT SO MUCH FASTER AND EASIER THAN WOMEN!?!?

The hell they do....

Your average man loses faster than your average woman.

Just about everyone who can lose weight loses faster than me. I'm so happy to be losing that I simply don't care if it's easier for someone else. I'm losing! That's all that matters. :)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The only fair is at the fairgrounds.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

The hell they do....

Your average man loses faster than your average woman.

No, they don't.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I think it's unfair that my fat deposits on my lower half, and in order to lose that fat I end up looking skeletal and ill on the top half. Stupid genetics. *shakes fist*

That's how I am, too. It really sucks. If someone sees a picture of just my upper half, they tell me that I don't need to lose any weight and that I'm skinny. My collar bones are very prominent, but my legs still jiggle. Grr lol. All the women in my family are definitely bottom heavy.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Don't be mad!

tumblr_mfxettg6X61rkzn2ao1_400.jpg
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

You mean there is two of us? I thought it was just me!

That's unfair...now I am not a special snowflake. ;)

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OP, if you start thinking about all the things that you think are unfair about this process, you're already well in your way to derailing yourself. Focus on your own journey, don't worry about anyone else's.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way OP...they lose their hair faster than most of us women.

Life is a tradeoff.

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    OP, if you start thinking about all the things that you think are unfair about this process, you're already well in your way to derailing yourself. Focus on your own journey, don't worry about anyone else's.

The voice of reason!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you have a man and a woman and they are both on a 500 calorie deficit they should both lose approximately the same amount of weight….so not really sure where you are going with this OP….

woman do naturally cary more body fat, but that has nothing to do with rate of loss.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Eh. I stopped caring about the fairness of genetically assigned attributes when I started caring about reality.

Ya know what's not fair? That no more than 30mi away there's some poor kid going to bed without dinner while I sit here trying not to eat all of mine, and *thats* a problem I can actually do something about.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    I think it's unfair that I have to work around free food all day and expect myself to always be able to say "no" to those donuts.

I think it's unfair that I don't get free donuts.