Good Walking Shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Not going to suggest a brand (but I do love my Brooks Adrenaline GTS15), but I will strongly recommend going to a specialty running store and getting properly fitted. Most of the people working in these stores are serious, if not professional, runners. They know the shoes and what will work best for your foot type, body type, and walking/running style.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I like these Vasque7482's well enough that when my old ones finally wore out I bought another pair. They cost more than I was used to paying but have saved $'s, pain and aggravation in the long run.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Ryka - I've worn mine practically to death and can't seem to find any other brand that feels as good.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    wear ones where you find support.
    I have sketchers gowalks that I've worn to death. I run in saucony

it's not as necessary, but you could go to a running store and try on shoes there. but tell them that you want them for walking. a running gait and a walking gait can be very different.
    I just mention it because the shoes are your base and a properly fit shoe will help you avoid injury and keep your feet, knees, hips, lower back, shoulders, and neck happy
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area, so there is only one actual foot store here. I generally buy from shoebuy.com
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have purchased a pair of Keen hiking shoes that I'm hoping will be good for hiking and for my rocky gravel road.