earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That makes sense

And thanks for the advice I'm going to just take my zip

Sounds like a plan :)

• heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I find the steps counted to be very accurate and the TDEE it gives becomes very accurate after you have worn it for a few weeks (it then has actual data to extrapolate from rather than going just by algorithms).

Do you log your weight loss on the Fitbit site as well? Just curious about getting it to be more accurate. I have a charge.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    heymom93 wrote: »
    I find the steps counted to be very accurate and the TDEE it gives becomes very accurate after you have worn it for a few weeks (it then has actual data to extrapolate from rather than going just by algorithms).

Do you log your weight loss on the Fitbit site as well? Just curious about getting it to be more accurate. I have a charge.

No. I only need to log it on MFP because MFP sends the info to Fitbit.

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    heymom93 wrote: »

Check out this user faq about Fitbit and MFP: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • lmaoitzkaitwyn
    lmaoitzkaitwyn Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2015
    I just got the flex and I love it. I need to be more insistent with logging my meals. If anyone would like to add me my link is https://www.fitbit.com/user/3M7WBJ :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I also have a Flex and really like it. I don't wear it in the shower though, and would not wear it to swim. The company does not recommend wearing any fitbit while submerged and this could void the warranty. The Fitbit official site does say they are water resistant down to 19 meters but goes on to say that they cannot withstand the pressures of swimming. Many people who have used one while swimming have been disappointed to discover that their tracker would no longer keep a charge.

Anyway I really like my Fitbit and have found it to be a valuable tool for calorie tracking.

My Flex was recommended for swimming. I wonder if they have changed some things? I have had it for 17 months now and have had no issues. It was rated 3 meters, not 19. All other Fitbit models are rated "Splash proof"

I have the Fitbit One. I didnt think it was water proof, but it survived an accidental trip in the washing machine today. Still works fine. Good thing I got to it before it hit the dryer!

The One is advertised as "splash proof" which means it can get wet, just not immersed. Obviously there is some water resistance and many have gone through he washer, they just can't guarantee performance.

Yeah, I spoke to soon. It was working last night but not today. Ive got it in a dry rice bath now (online tip). Hopefully that works.

• socalprincess1
    socalprincess1 Posts: 52 Member
    I have the Charge HR. Best present I ever bought for myself :)

This. Love my Charge HR. I have also used a Polar HR Monitor, and I admit I do still use it on my workouts and compare data from my fitbit. I'm a big stat nerd like that. It's all very motivating :smiley:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    I also have a Flex and really like it. I don't wear it in the shower though, and would not wear it to swim. The company does not recommend wearing any fitbit while submerged and this could void the warranty. The Fitbit official site does say they are water resistant down to 19 meters but goes on to say that they cannot withstand the pressures of swimming. Many people who have used one while swimming have been disappointed to discover that their tracker would no longer keep a charge.

Anyway I really like my Fitbit and have found it to be a valuable tool for calorie tracking.

My Flex was recommended for swimming. I wonder if they have changed some things? I have had it for 17 months now and have had no issues. It was rated 3 meters, not 19. All other Fitbit models are rated "Splash proof"

I have the Fitbit One. I didnt think it was water proof, but it survived an accidental trip in the washing machine today. Still works fine. Good thing I got to it before it hit the dryer!

The One is advertised as "splash proof" which means it can get wet, just not immersed. Obviously there is some water resistance and many have gone through he washer, they just can't guarantee performance.

Yeah, I spoke to soon. It was working last night but not today. Ive got it in a dry rice bath now (online tip). Hopefully that works.

Yay, the dry rice fixed it right up!

• Mackman99
    Mackman99 Posts: 34 Member
    I have had a charge hr for about a week and I really like it. It was very easy to set up and the app is awesome, but I also like the ability to look at the display on the charge itself. I think this is one of the coolest things i have ever owned.