Green tea detox?

Options
13»

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I love black tea, and wish I enjoyed green tea, but I just cant :sick: I have tried many times to get the taste for it, and bought many different combinations, but they all taste like a dirt and grass mixture...

The first green tea I actually liked was something called Genmaicha sencha. Its a green tea with roasted rice; it takes away some of the grassy flavour, as long as you don't over-steep it.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It can taste very different depending on how it's made. The water can't be too hot and make sure you only keep it in the water for 2 minutes, 3 max.

Aaah that could be my problem, I let it steep for 15ish minutes so it was cool enough to chug down! I've still got a pack in the cupboard, might try adding a bit of cold water instead.

NOPE. That will definitely make it taste bad. I steep 2-4 minutes depending on the brand. These days I steep, let it sit about 5 minutes, then throw some ice cubes in.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It can taste very different depending on how it's made. The water can't be too hot and make sure you only keep it in the water for 2 minutes, 3 max.

Aaah that could be my problem, I let it steep for 15ish minutes so it was cool enough to chug down! I've still got a pack in the cupboard, might try adding a bit of cold water instead.

Oh yeah, you're doing it wrong! Leaving the tea in for that long is a recipe for ICK!
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

thank goodness some other posters jumped in on this too--15 minutes of steeping and that tea will take the rust off your car! WAAAAY too bitter. literally 2-4 minutes steeping time--and 4 is at the extreme outside. set a timer. The TAZO brand makes a good one called China Green Tips--it makes great iced tea too--put two bags in a pitcher of water and let it sit overnight. ready in the morning. Target also sells these big green tea bags--also TAZO brand--made specifically for putting in a big iced tea jug. They cold brew in the fridge overnight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    :laugh: at taking the rust off your car!!

Thanks guys, I shall make it as specified xx
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    kayl990 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'm new to this app and I've been reading up on green tea diet and was wondering if any one had tried it :)

The best detox you can do it detoxing your brain from all the crap that people have filled it with in regards to weight loss. Read posts in the forum and the must read section of the forum. Education is your friend. Weight loss is a VERY VERY simple process.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm out of calories but I want something, a nice cup of Twinings Earl Grey with a little Splenda in it will do the trick.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    People can be so desperate..and the big companies loveeeee it! They all want your money

This.

p.s green tea is nasty.
    Wrong. Dragonwell/Longjing is sublime.

• ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I drink the Lipton diet green tea. I live the taste :) I also drink yogi green tea and make it an iced tea. Its so yummy, I usually slice some strawberries ,orange wedges and lemon wedges with the tea
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'm new to this app and I've been reading up on green tea diet and was wondering if any one had tried it :)

Nope. There is no reason to try it because green tea has no magic properties. In fact, no food or drink have special properties to make you lose weight. Just eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight.

By the way, I don't like to drink Green Tea, but Trader Joe's makes these tiny green tea mints that are so delicious!
  • SLLRunner
    edited July 2015
    Options
    80TAURUS80 wrote: »
    Tahlia68 wrote: »
    It's a scam green tea doesn't help you loose weight. Stick to CICO!!!
    Uhm no.
    First off, green tea is consumed for centuries, its not a product made for scam as many modern products are, ofc green tea isnt some kind of miracle tea that works magic with losing weight but it contributes to losing weight.

You need to eat clean and workout to have any benefits from it, then green tea can boost your metabolism but too much green tea can be bad for you.

White tea is even healthier and have even more antioxidants than green tea.

Oh, for goodness sakes....this is misinformation.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

The best detox you can do it detoxing your brain from all the crap that people have filled it with in regards to weight loss. Read posts in the forum and the must read section of the forum. Education is your friend. Weight loss is a VERY VERY simple process.

Yep.