My Story. I am not done but still going strong!

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I add a ton of veges to instant pasta packets (like for example creamy cabonary or curry chicken ) that way the sauce kinds of covers the taste of the veges. why not try a stew? the veges don't taste so bad as they are softer and kind of marry with all the other flavours you throw into the stew.

You don't have to eat vegies you hate, do you like maybe one or two?, I have a few favourites like broccoli, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, so I use those ALOT, I hate pumpkin, peas and carrots, so I never eat them, (but I did throw 2 carrots in my stew the other day and actually liked them lol)
  • mittenswillet
    edited July 2015
    Options
    oh, ps, last suggestion, try to cut up some vegies you like in tiny pieces and add them to a low fat home made fried rice??
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    pps. sorry lol last one, I hate fruit, I only like bananas and prunes, so I never touch fruit.....just eat what you enjoy eating....don't force anything you hate.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Jessica Seinfeld has a cookbook called Deceptively Delicious that uses pureed veggies in an amazing number of things. I believe she wrote it from the perspective of sneaking veggies into picky kids. You certainly don't have to eat veggies if you don't like them but if you can find a way to work them into your day they're nutritional powerhouses and can extend the quantity of what you can eat.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    7gwzs6ukvoqa.png
    Made a new one today!
    now1.png 438.3K
  • KristenMarie1181
    Options
    Ty everyone for the feedback on vegetables. I was told that you gotta eat them to lose weight.. They are the most needed foods to put in your diet
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! You have a good foundation of nutrition understanding and by the t-shirt you have a place to exercise. Awesome. Do what works for you. Forgot everyone else eating their candy and stuff. By sticking to your macros and eating dense filling food your nutrition tank will always be fueled and ready for weight loss and to sustain your workout. I'm glad you take 1 rest day, our bodies need it. Stay the course and Stay strong!
  • KristenMarie1181
    Options
    Thank you!
    I can't wait til the t-shirt fits me instead of being so tight!
  • bussyfeso
    bussyfeso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job. Keep it up
  • MySizeisMyChoice
    MySizeisMyChoice Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep the awesome work!! You look great!!
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I put butter or cheese on my veggies sometimes. I don't need to because I like them all. But adding a little fat to veggies still doesn't make the calories go too high.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress, especially in a pretty short amount of time. So good job! And the food part of this gets easier, it took me awhile to figure out that part too. :)
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well done, a very good start!
    Just don't be too hard on yourself. If you are depriving yourself too much you may lose it one day. An odd treat does not do much harm.
  • KristenMarie1181
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well done, a very good start!
    Just don't be too hard on yourself. If you are depriving yourself too much you may lose it one day. An odd treat does not do much harm.

I had a treat last night. I shouldn't have had 7 royal dark cadbury (Little squares) last night.. I got a headache. I think it is because my body isn't used of all the sugar intake like I used to eat alll the time.

And everyone thank you! The reason why I am losing so much in this amount of time because I do lots of work outs! Mainly zumba. Zumba is the reason. I burn so many calories! I sweat so much! Seriously if you all haven't tried it you should go to a class that your gym has. You would love it even if you don't dance. I met someone last night she is only 18 and she weighs close to me right now she was like "I am embarrassed, I don't like working out when people can see me" I was like "Look at me! I am the heaviest girl in that class!" I have lost equivalent 38 pounds doing zumba! The other pounds I just stopped eating junk (walking) So this is to everyone go have some fun! Meet new people. And men go join it. Lol our zumba class is full of women with no guys. Booo.

If you all wanna join me on this journey feel free to add me! I will be there for you and help you through your problems. I will inspire you and motivate you!
  • acook1679
    acook1679 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. So happy for you. Keep it up:)
  • emilyd2305
    emilyd2305 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. It's hard at first but totally worth it in the end. I've lost almost 65 pounds so far. And I still eat sweet snacks. One a night. I found that in order for this to work for me as a life style instead of just a diet, I needed to be able to eat the things I enjoy in moderation. I but the skinny cow chocolates and the 100 calorie snack packs to satisfy my sweet tooth. This stopped me from binge eating and failing like I had in past diets. But everyone has to do what works best for them. You will find what works for you and that's all that matters. I wish you lots of luck.
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I am down 47 lbs but still have 80 lbs to lose! Every single day is a challenge for me. My suggestion is to 'hide' the vegi's. For example: Make spaghetti one night for dinner. For the sauce use a jar of sauce and then put a little bit of ground turkey breast and then blend up in the blender some vegi's (kale, broccoli, zucchini, etc.) and add it to the sauce--then it becomes part of the sauce and you actually don't taste the vegi's but you are taking them in! Add extra seasoning if need be. For noodles I suggest using Spaghetti Squash but if that is too weird for you then use whole wheat spaghetti noodles covered with the yummy Vegi Sauce you made! Good luck and Veg out!!! :-)
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work! You will need to esxperiment with the veggies, try different ways to cook them (stir fry, roast, grill) .
  • KristenMarie1181
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Love having lots of friends. It really motivates me!

And ty everyone so far! Means a lot
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Feel free to add me if you are looking for motivation and support! your progress is visible in your face!! I love veggies because they are colourful and lot cheaper than plastic surgery lol :wink: I miss chinese and pizza and eat dark chocolate in moderation. I made a promise to myself yesterday that I won't eat junk food till 29th august and I have started portion control. I feel good already!! and oh I have lost a kilo!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!