Women shouldn't have muscles......

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Ladies how do you deal with the ignorant people you encounter who feel that because you have muscles that you look "manly" "not feminine" and whatever other stupid things they like to say. I have had people who know I work out like a crazy person say to me with a concerned look on their face "But, you don't want to get any bigger right?" I also had a friend tell me that "Men like softness & something to grab onto." Like really? So you speak for all Men & know what they all like? I'm so sick of people thinking that every Woman has to fit into their stereotypical ideal of what society thinks a Woman is supposed to look like. What rule says that muscles aren't feminine? I think muscles on Men & Women are sexy as hell. Thoughts?

Replies

• emmalcosgrove
    emmalcosgrove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If a woman has gone through the effort to get toned and muscular she should be applauded! I work out for myself, I don't care what anybody thinks and neither should you! :smile:
  • DJ7203
    Options
    If a woman has gone through the effort to get toned and muscular she should be applauded! I work out for myself, I don't care what anybody thinks and neither should you! :smile:

I agree! It takes so much time & dedication. When I see a ripped Woman she gets nothing but my respect. It doesn't bother me so much. I think I just need some good comebacks to those comments. I'm one of those people who won't think of anything good to say on the spot, but then 20 minutes later I'll think of the perfect thing to say. But then of course it's all over already lol!
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I just tell them they are straight up stupid, and don't know what they are talking about. I want my quads to pop, and my arms to have shape. I think people respond out of jealousy, and want what they don't have - yet don't want to work for it.
  • imsnowwhite
    imsnowwhite Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    nobody's opinion bothers me tbh
  • MsSarahRuth
    MsSarahRuth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No matter what shape you are in, someone will disapprove. Do what you need to do for yourself, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. My husband doesn't like muscles on women... tough, I plan to have them one day and he will get over it.
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I obviously don't speak on behalf of all men... But, women in my humble option, look amazing with fine muscle definition, so long as it's naturally done, it just enhances their assets more... But more importantly, it shows dedication, confidence, commitment ... And who doesn't love a strong independent woman!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I obviously don't speak on behalf of all men... But, women in my humble option, look amazing with fine muscle definition, so long as it's naturally done, it just enhances their assets more... But more importantly, it shows dedication, confidence, commitment ... And who doesn't love a strong independent woman!

That with many more qualities that come with going to the gym and working at a goal.

• allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Someone offering an opinion like this deserves little more than a "well, thanks for your opinions, but I have my own goals". If they persist, escalate rudeness as desired. Honestly, why do so many people think that others NEED their opinions all the time?
  • DJ7203
    Options
    allbarrett wrote: »
    Someone offering an opinion like this deserves little more than a "well, thanks for your opinions, but I have my own goals". If they persist, escalate rudeness as desired. Honestly, why do so many people think that others NEED their opinions all the time?

I wish I knew! You don't have to comment on everything you see.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    "I do want to get bigger. I've been trying to get bigger for years. I don't really care what your opinion of my body is or what you think a woman should look like. I have opinions about your body and I keep that *kitten* to myself."
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    "I do want to get bigger. I've been trying to get bigger for years. I don't really care what your opinion of my body is or what you think a woman should look like. I have opinions about your body and I keep that *kitten* to myself."

you get a gold star!
  • Riz72
    Riz72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know there's a lot of men who feel this way and I just don't get it.

A woman who's ripped and in the gym putting in work is incredibly hot.

It says a lot about someone's personality if they have goals and are sticking to them.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I share random pictures of fit/muscled women at work and my coworkers don't like that look -- I happen to think it makes women look hot.... I guess it's dependent on individual tastes.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Riz72 wrote: »
    I know there's a lot of men who feel this way and I just don't get it.

A woman who's ripped and in the gym putting in work is incredibly hot.

It says a lot about someone's personality if they have goals and are sticking to them.

Different men have different tastes.
  • GlenzioFitness
    GlenzioFitness Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    A women in the gym is hotter than a women in a club
  • DJ7203
    Options
    A women in the gym is hotter than a women in a club

Always ;)

• DJ7203
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Love it!
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I grin and flex because I'm proud of my muscles. Everybody has an opinion and tastes vary. It doesn't bother me if someone happens to disapprove. I didn't do it for their approval, anyhow. I do what makes me happy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    "Thank you for your opinion. I'll take it under consideration."

or

"Bless your heart."

Both of which secretly mean "*kitten* you".