How/why I'm cutting out chocolate completely!

Options
124»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Dang, that's like life without sex to me. Although females are much better at holding out than men, so good luck.

858da6dabc619c662c4374dcb0d503e5.jpg

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Serioulsy, if you love it so much why would you want to cut it out forever?
    Eat it and instantly gain 5 lbs back after a binge. She could but her decision seems sound to me.

Oh, I'm not saying her deicsion is not sound, and I don't think she's right or wrong but is simply doing what is rihgt for her at this time. I'm just asking a legitimate question in an open discussion. ;)

For me, in the past, It was always easier to cut out foods I loved than to moderate them. I swore off thsoe foods forever, that is until I figured out that I could learn how to moderate all foods. I am happy I made the adecision for me.

You can't gian 5 pounds instantly, either. 3,500 calories of chocolate over your TDEE in one sitting is a lot, and I don't believe she said she did that. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Dang, that's like life without sex to me. Although females are much better at holding out than men, so good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I'm not sure whether that should make me sorry for the quality of your sex, or for the quality of my chocolate. :p
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    No that's about right for an analogy. My husband obsesses about sex as much as I do about food. Both may be hormone driven. (well we know sex is)
  • besee_2000
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

You can't gian 5 pounds instantly, either. 3,500 calories of chocolate over your TDEE in one sitting is a lot, and I don't believe she said she did that. :)
    It was an exaggeration of course though if you watch scale only, the water weight that comes with it could easily be 5lb together.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I actually find that I lose better when I include chocolate in my diet. I tend not to get enough fat, so eating an ounce or two of chocolate helps me in that respect. I can buy a small package of chocolate and stop when I am done though.

That said...you have to do what works for you. If cutting out chocolate helps you to get closer to your goals, there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    A life without chocolate is a life I don't want to live. Good luck, but it sounds kind of depressing to cut out something you love so much.

Wow, little dramatic aren't we? A live without chocolate is a life you don't want to live? Tell someone dying from cancer or their loved ones that.

• besee_2000
    Options
    There will always be comments no matter what you say you are. Say you're a vegetarian and people ask "You mean you don't miss bacon?!" Say you're allergic to gluten, "Oh, that's just a fad!" Eating is like a religion. Its a community thing that can either bond with or exclude other people just by your way of life.
  • besee_2000
    Options
    Now say, "I don't eat chocolate and if you comment anything about it I will stab you." Then MAYBE people will hold their tongue. We love to share opinions. It is what I am doing right now!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I'm not sure whether that should make me sorry for the quality of your sex, or for the quality of my chocolate. :p

This has the makings of a Reeses commercial. Two great tastes...