Does too much fruit make you gain

Options
2»

Replies

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    psucato wrote: »
    Yes it can fruit is super hi carb. If you are like me and carbs make you gain then yes eating a lot can pack on the pounds.

Fruit is not 'super high carb' the word 'fruit' describes 100's if not thousands of different types! Bananas have a higher carb value than raspberries, apples are higher than tomatoes.....just log your entries stick to your macros and remember the valuable fibre and nutrients you are getting from nature. Too many people are not getting enough fibre in there diet and the consequences can be deadly! The staple of your diet should come from veg and fruit.....and not to mention it's very very yummy!! Grab a handful of frozen berries when you have a sweet tooth craving instead of a chocy bar! Or on a hot day freeze some banana and dip the ends in chocolate for an icecream treat!....keeps the kids happy as well! Just remember to log it and say within your macros and your gut will be healthier and happier for the extra fibre!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    sean773 wrote: »
    holy f***. Some of you people don't know what your talking about. mccindy72 seems to know what she's talking about.

@sean773 Why don't you enlighten us all with your knowledge on this subject :smile:

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    holy f***. Some of you people don't know what your talking about. mccindy72 seems to know what she's talking about.

How is what she said dramatically different from what a lot of others have said?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

How is what she said dramatically different from what a lot of others have said?

I didn't think she had..

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Looking at his profile pic id say it could be a troll....don't give him the time of day girls :)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Yes it can fruit is super hi carb. If you are like me and carbs make you gain then yes eating a lot can pack on the pounds.

Carb dont make you gain weight
    Eating surplus does.

Carb can be not good for you if you have certain medical problems
    But still ...only eating too much calories ( surplus) makes you gain weight.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies have vitamins and minerals that your body needs. If you don't get them from fruits and veggies, where do you get them?? They have carbs, including fiber, which does a body good. Your body requires sugar, so getting it from fruits and veggies - it's a good place to get it!

Eat your fruits and veggies. They're low-cal and good for you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

carbs don't make you gain weight. Eating too many calories does.
    Eating too much of any particular thing isn't really a good idea; a good diet should be well rounded, with a good balance of carbs, protein, and fats. Once your macro balance is met, fill out your calorie goal with whatever you like. If that's fruit, go for it.
    Remember fruit it a huge category, including both sweet and savory foods, so don't get hung up on the worry about sugars and carbs.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Too much

Insert food of choice

Causes weight gain

Fruit is kind of yummy...

I can over eat me some dried cranberries and mixed nut trail mix!

Not the fruit's fault though....
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Too much

Insert food of choice

Causes weight gain

Fruit is kind of yummy...

I can over eat me some dried cranberries and mixed nut trail mix!

Not the fruit's fault though....

Just out of morbid curiosity, why do you post each phrase or sentence of your replies as a separate line?