TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A Snickers?

Yep Snicker's...these aren't filling
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    If you literally feel sick when trying to eat this little, then it sounds like it is time to talk to a dr.

Seconded. Barring a known medical condition or extremely small frame you shouldn't be feeling sick eating such a low amount of calories. You might want to make a quick check with your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm calling you out. I'm sorry, but you somehow gained over 30 lbs, so you had no problem overeating in the past. Are you eating all 1200 calories in one sitting? That's the only way I can think of that would make it so hard to eat it all. If you are spreading out these calories into 3 meals and a snack, that's 300 calories 4 times a day. I just don't understand this nonsense you are saying. If you are already spreading out your calories and still too full, you may be eating way too much fiber, or have a digestive issue that needs to be addressed. You could simply add a little olive oil when you cook. That would up your calories quite a bit and you wouldn't feel it. But I highly suspect there is more to this story.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    A Big Mac.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. Most people *kitten* about starving/feeling hungry on only 1200 calories. Isn't feeling satiated the goal?
  • jaga13
    Options
    I find that lentils don't fill me up very easily (I will probably have a cup or more for lunch), and they are very calorie-dense. Avocados in a salad will make you full, but not bursting. Oatmeal is also a great high-calorie food that doesn't fill me up a lot. I will have it for breakfast and still feel hungry for lunch. It's good to have oats with some kind of fat- milk, butter, nuts, etc.

Oatmeal is actually pretty low calorie. It's what you put in it that adds in the calories. Make the oatmeal with full fat milk if you don't and put the peanut butter in that or maybe nutella. Granola can tend to be pretty high calorie for a small portion. Put mayo on your sandwiches and drizzle olive oil on things. Eat lots of ice cream, pizza and cake?
    Two cups with nothing in it but water is 600 calories. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether that's low calorie or not.

I'd suggest ice cream with fruit preserves, sandwiches with fruit preserves, whole milk.

Two cups isn't a suggested serving. 1/2 a cup is the serving size on my oatmeal (150 calories). In fact I only use 1/3 cup for 100 calories, and add more awesome stuff to it.
  • Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I so wish I struggled eating only 1200 calories. I struggle staying under 2000 most days!! :confounded:

agreed!!!
  • Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    make a pizza with lots of veggies.. should fill you up!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I find that lentils don't fill me up very easily (I will probably have a cup or more for lunch), and they are very calorie-dense. Avocados in a salad will make you full, but not bursting. Oatmeal is also a great high-calorie food that doesn't fill me up a lot. I will have it for breakfast and still feel hungry for lunch. It's good to have oats with some kind of fat- milk, butter, nuts, etc.

Oatmeal is actually pretty low calorie. It's what you put in it that adds in the calories. Make the oatmeal with full fat milk if you don't and put the peanut butter in that or maybe nutella. Granola can tend to be pretty high calorie for a small portion. Put mayo on your sandwiches and drizzle olive oil on things. Eat lots of ice cream, pizza and cake?
    Two cups with nothing in it but water is 600 calories. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether that's low calorie or not.

I'd suggest ice cream with fruit preserves, sandwiches with fruit preserves, whole milk.

Two cups isn't a suggested serving. 1/2 a cup is the serving size on my oatmeal (150 calories). In fact I only use 1/3 cup for 100 calories, and add more awesome stuff to it.
    Can you point out where I said it was a suggested serving?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Thanks I was trying to find that link!

OP I'm with others, some more info about what kinds of food you are eating currently, what you were eating when you had put on weight, and why you think those foods are no longer able to be included would be helpful....
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking? It doesn't seem like you are new to this, but I personally noticed when I first started tracking and being aware of my calories, I wasn't as hungry and had a hard time eating. And the more I obsessed about it, the less I would eat. I seriously went a few days eating less than 1200, if I did that now I would pass out or have hangry outbursts.
    Maybe take a short break from counting calories and see how that makes you feel.
  • jaga13
    Options

Where did you come up with 2 cups? Maybe someone else said it and I missed it. You said 2 cups isn't low calorie. Correct. Eating too many portions of anything makes it high calorie.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ummm, is this a serious post or are you trolling? You obviously gained weight somehow in the past if you have lost 33lbs and still apparently have another 5lbs to lose....
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest adding foods to your meal that are NOT calorie-dense, and I am betting your stomach will tolerate the dense foods better.

For instance, a full-fat dressing with avocado on a bed of lettuce.
    Cereal with milk, with dried fruit and nuts sprinkled on top.
    Popcorn drizzled with butter and parmesan cheese.
    Chicken drumstick breaded and fried, with fries or potato with sour cream.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Who eats two cups of oatmeal? Even one cup is a lot of oatmeal.

Half a cup is much more likely and if your numbers are right, that's 150 calories, which I'd consider low-cal. Add in a bunch of fruit and you're at a nice, 300 cal breakfast.

Oatmeal is very filling, though. I think it's one of the most filling foods out there. So, it might not be what the OP is looking for.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

Where did you come up with 2 cups? Maybe someone else said it and I missed it. You said 2 cups isn't low calorie. Correct. Eating too many portions of anything makes it high calorie.
    Because that's about how much it takes to satisfy my hunger. 600 calories of, say, chicken breast goes a lot further.

Per calorie, for me, oatmeal isn't low calorie because it takes so much to get the same satiation other foods offer for fewer calories. On the flip side, when I have a lot of carb room left at the end of the day, it makes a good snack to hold me until I go to sleep.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    have a cookie
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Half a cup is much more likely and if your numbers are right, that's 150 calories, which I'd consider low-cal. Add in a bunch of fruit and you're at a nice, 300 cal breakfast.

Oatmeal is very filling, though. I think it's one of the most filling foods out there. So, it might not be what the OP is looking for.
    I do. One cup of oatmeal, let alone a half cup, isn't worth the time it takes to cook it. As above, though, apart from serving sizes the satiety per calorie just isn't there for me. If it is for you, then it might be a better option for you.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I do. One cup of oatmeal, let alone a half cup, isn't worth the time it takes to cook it. As above, though, apart from serving sizes the satiety per calorie just isn't there for me. If it is for you, then it might be a better option for you.
    I am not sure that I could eat two cups of oatmeal if I was offered a million dollars to do it. That's a LOT of oatmeal.

I'm kind of impressed that you can eat that much of it. Good for you.

Different strokes. :)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    as stated.. you gained the weight eating a lot more than 1200 calories. hard to believe you're now full on 1200 calories.. maybe its a mental thing.