Hardest thing about losing weight...

What was the hardest thing for you about losing weight?

Mine is getting on track and staying on track :(

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Getting far enough along to believe this will be the time and staying committed. Most of my failed attempts fizzled inside the first 15, often by losing 10+ really quickly and then easing up (because it seemed to be coming off so easy :ohwell: ) and backsliding. Then recovery was harder.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Mine is staying on track too! I loaded my FB page up with some motivational fitness related people so I see it all the time. I get on Pinterest and hit their Health and Fitness boards too. What I find helps me the most though is looking back at my "before" pictures and seeing how much I have changed. You will have good days and bad, such is life, but getting back up and keeping at it is the key.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Definitely staying committed.

I've fallen off a few times, but the key is to pick myself back up. I've done it every time thus far. I'm realizing that this isn't a weight loss journey. It's a lifestyle change.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Patience is the big one for me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Patience and consistency.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    How long it takes.....
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Waiting. Once you have committed to eating fewer calories and burning more, it becomes a waiting game. I have a lot to lose so I will be waiting a long time. While I am waiting I will be logging a lot and walking a lot. Perhaps I will start lifting at some point or I might take a dance class or something like that. But, really it all comes down to waiting for my life style changes to bring my weight down to a normalish level.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    In the beginning, the hardest thing was learning how to eat right and the process of eating to lose. I thought I had to nearly starve myself, which is why it never lasted. Now I'm doing great with that part. Currently, the hardest part is wanting to do more than my body is capable of still. My mind is ahead of my body and I want to do more things but I'm just not there yet. Oh and the patience it takes to get to my goal. That probably bothers me more than anything.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    My problem is staying on track with my food and beverage on the weekends. I was really good about it the first year I worked on losing weight, then I started letting some of the crap back into the diet on a more regular basis. I am really good all week, but not so good on the weekends. I am very committed to the workout part and in four years haven't skipped more than 3 days in a row, except when I had hip surgery. That was doctors orders, although I was doing physical therapy the whole time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I always get to a certain number, usually round ones, 190, 180, etc and think I can go back to my old ways and keep losing. Strangely enough, it doesn't work :laugh: . Then I have to start again, cuz. I've usually gained 4,5, 6 pounds back.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Patience is the big one for me.

Me too. At this point, a year in, I'm fine at getting my exercise in consistently and keeping my cals reasonable (most of the time), but being patient is the part that I get stuck on.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Moderating my strong desire for food
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    The hardest thing for me was just saying NO. :wink:
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Patience & Staying on track! Eating within my calorie range can be tough, because I looove burgers,fries,desserts,etc.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    trying to figure out that fine line between weight loss and no weight loss calorie deficit amounts.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Patience and consistency.
    Exactly this.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    [quote

I'm realizing that this isn't a weight loss journey. It's a lifestyle change.
    [/quote] This is so true!! You have to get past the diet part and realize this is a Forever Lifestyle change. It can be done!! :happy:
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Let's see, giving up my go tos when I get busy, cranky, bored, angry. Namely: doritos, dunkin donuts bacon egg and cheese on a croissant, ALCOHOL, bagels and cream cheese, marshmallows (I love marshmallows), mochaccinos, did I say marshmallows?
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    For me it was getting started. I kept saying I needed to do something about my weight and fitness, but would never do anything real about it. Once I got started and into the habit of exercising and watching my calories, it got easier to continue. I am now at the point where I look forward to exercising and cooking healthy meals.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Being hangry on most days.