longevity on MFP

melb_alex
melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
How come people delete their profiles too quickly?? 1/4 of my friends deleted their profile!

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Probably not ready to fully commit yet.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    this website has a lot of glitches. i think that in part puts people off. and on the forums everyone is sensitive and gets upset way to easy.

my theory is that MFP attracts a lot of people who are not very familiar with online communities.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    People get excited, join up, and quickly lose interest. I imagine people are like that with most things.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I tried once but I just can't quit MFP. Sad.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Many reasons, they lose interest, lose hope, have a bad experience on the forum, don't get the answer they were wanting, move on to the next "diet" thing...
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    MFP tends to be a fickle beast, people (as said before) are quick to join and even quicker to leave. Just keep a tight group of friends on here that support each other and thats all you can ask.

Side note... has anyone noticed that 95% of people from Australia are beautiful? Men, women, young and old... is it something in the water? If I moved to Australia, would I instantly become good looking?
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    They are not fully committed
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    you need better friends. sounds like yours didn't come with any support, so you didn't benefit from it.

I can be your friend with benefits..... wait..... thats not right right? hahahah.
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Its my fault,I sent them my junk pics, they're devastated.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    I think I've been here almost two years now. Never thought about quitting. :drinker:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I think about rage quitting all the time, but I like my user name and 8675309 is taken.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    How come people delete their profiles too quickly?? 1/4 of my friends deleted their profile!

Sounds like it's you. Quit driving your friends away!!! :wink:
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    They can't handle all the junk pics...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Most people will fail at this.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member

I never get any junk pics :sad:
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Unsure, but I'm 95 days in and counting. I find it addicting so I don't get it. Then again the community board helps keep it entertaining also.
  • nikilis

let me take a fresh one.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member

Here ya go!

junk.jpg

:laugh:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Depends. There are A LOT of underage and pro-anorexia/bulimia people on here that get reported and deleted by the mods. If they're not that, then the things the other posters have mentioned are all very true.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    I'm only here so my log in streak doesn't come to an end!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member

Here ya go!

junk.jpg

Mmm, that is some nice junk.
  • nikilis

Here ya go!

junk.jpg

showing of your big messy diseased junk

300px--HK_CityHall_Seaview_51217_5.png

I keep my junk tidy. swab the decks and everything.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    this website has a lot of glitches. i think that in part puts people off. and on the forums everyone is sensitive and gets upset way to easy.

my theory is that MFP attracts a lot of people who are not very familiar with online communities.

Id say this! they get upset and delete them.

Its werid though, I didn't use mine until last year but i didn't go to the lengths of deleting it. i just stopped using it! mainly because I forgot! so I think people who delete must have had something else happen other than just "not committed"!
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member

You need to find some friends who share their junk sweetheart:flowerforyou: They ARE out there :laugh:
  • Pearlyladybug
    MFP tends to be a fickle beast, people (as said before) are quick to join and even quicker to leave. Just keep a tight group of friends on here that support each other and thats all you can ask.

Side note... has anyone noticed that 95% of people from Australia are beautiful? Men, women, young and old... is it something in the water? If I moved to Australia, would I instantly become good looking?

hahaha that's the best thing i have ever heard! why don't you come and find out! :laugh:
  • nikilis

hahaha that's the best thing i have ever heard! why don't you come and find out! :laugh:

as long as you don't move to cunnamulla.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member

Sounds like it's you. Quit driving your friends away!!! :wink:

LOL I know it must be me hahah :tongue: I was thinking omg I really liked them and they left :cry:
    I couldn't imagine quitting I LOVE this site. I was almost going to when people were being mean on the forums but that was short lived, people encouraged me to stay.

It's just sad that's all as this is turning into my vice. As soon as I finish gym I log on the way home :wink:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Ps...i have actually started deleting people ( bar my real life friends that have accounts but don't use it) anyone that hasn't logged in for 2 or more weeks (without stating they are on holiday on something) then they get cut!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Sometimes people aren't ready to commit, sometimes they find that MFP is too addictive and they're spending time here to the detriment of real life, sometimes they get frustrated with lack of results or with the forums in general. You can cut down on it by adding people who have been here long enough that you know it's not just a phase that they'll burn out on quickly, but not so long that they've gotten bitter. :laugh:
  • Pearlyladybug

as long as you don't move to cunnamulla.

hahahhaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: