longevity on MFP

Replies

• melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Its you, its not them ;)

yeah I know I am a loser and say retarded things :ohwell:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    MFP tends to be a fickle beast, people (as said before) are quick to join and even quicker to leave. Just keep a tight group of friends on here that support each other and thats all you can ask.

Side note... has anyone noticed that 95% of people from Australia are beautiful? Men, women, young and old... is it something in the water? If I moved to Australia, would I instantly become good looking?

haha all my fellow aussies on my friends list are gorgeous :) I don't know, a lot of people have said that though but Australia is incredibly multicultural, especially where Pearlyladybug and I live; races of all sorts and it's awesome!!!! We are incredibly easy going :)
    In saying that I LOVE all the American Reality shows hahaha

reality shows have taught me one thing, although there is something very wrong with inbreeding, it makes great television!

hahahahahah nothing beats the REAL catty stuff like Real Housewifes of OC, Beverly Hill Nannies, The Bachelor and Married to Medicine :p hahaha I have foxtel. It's so good when you come home after a serious, mentally draining day followed by an amazing workout feel hyped up from the endorphins then sit down and be entertained by utter cr@p! haha :p

My guilty pleasure is teen mom 2! hahah i love it, And it totally makes me feel better about my life!

Actually probably the only reality I couldn't watch for more than 5 mins the stories were sad! I have a new addiction though "I was fat' on MTV (foxtel) It is sooo motivating and I cannot commend the contenders enough! The PT's are really sweet as well.

Ohhhh what day/time is that on .... I'll series link it tonight :-)

I'm thinking ill do the same!
  • Pearlyladybug
    How come people delete their profiles too quickly?? 1/4 of my friends deleted their profile!

Sounds like it's you. Quit driving your friends away!!! :wink:

LOL I know it must be me hahah :tongue: I was thinking omg I really liked them and they left :cry:
    I couldn't imagine quitting I LOVE this site. I was almost going to when people were being mean on the forums but that was short lived, people encouraged me to stay.

It's just sad that's all as this is turning into my vice. As soon as I finish gym I log on the way home :wink:

I do this too :blushing: on the tram home!

Tram home .... you must be a Melbourne girl!!!!

yes! Born n raised in NZ but have lived in Melbourne for 18 months now!

Melbourne girl here too :-) Born and bred on the Mornington Peninsula!

I love it down there so pretty!
  • Pearlyladybug
    MFP tends to be a fickle beast, people (as said before) are quick to join and even quicker to leave. Just keep a tight group of friends on here that support each other and thats all you can ask.

Side note... has anyone noticed that 95% of people from Australia are beautiful? Men, women, young and old... is it something in the water? If I moved to Australia, would I instantly become good looking?

haha all my fellow aussies on my friends list are gorgeous :) I don't know, a lot of people have said that though but Australia is incredibly multicultural, especially where Pearlyladybug and I live; races of all sorts and it's awesome!!!! We are incredibly easy going :)

speaking of multicultural....I'm actually a kiwi! :blushing: :laugh: its all out now! please don't hate me hahah

hahahha baaaa baaaaa sheep sheep nah that is awesome babe I have a few KIWI friends here :):):flowerforyou:

I was actually waiting for that hahaha
  • melb_alex

reality shows have taught me one thing, although there is something very wrong with inbreeding, it makes great television!

hahahahahah nothing beats the REAL catty stuff like Real Housewifes of OC, Beverly Hill Nannies, The Bachelor and Married to Medicine :p hahaha I have foxtel. It's so good when you come home after a serious, mentally draining day followed by an amazing workout feel hyped up from the endorphins then sit down and be entertained by utter cr@p! haha :p

My guilty pleasure is teen mom 2! hahah i love it, And it totally makes me feel better about my life!

Actually probably the only reality I couldn't watch for more than 5 mins the stories were sad! I have a new addiction though "I was fat' on MTV (foxtel) It is sooo motivating and I cannot commend the contenders enough! The PT's are really sweet as well.

it's on late at night babe just search for it using the red button on your foxtel remote 'I used to be fat' or 'I was fat'

Hey you didn't catch the Bachelor last night did you? I am dying to talk to someone about it but my work peeps are like 'laaaaaaame dude' hahaha :ohwell: :sad:
  • melb_alex

speaking of multicultural....I'm actually a kiwi! :blushing: :laugh: its all out now! please don't hate me hahah

hahahha baaaa baaaaa sheep sheep nah that is awesome babe I have a few KIWI friends here :):):flowerforyou:

I was actually waiting for that hahaha

hahahahah you can tease me for being a giant hahahah :p:p<3
  • melb_alex
    How come people delete their profiles too quickly?? 1/4 of my friends deleted their profile!

Sounds like it's you. Quit driving your friends away!!! :wink:

LOL I know it must be me hahah :tongue: I was thinking omg I really liked them and they left :cry:
    I couldn't imagine quitting I LOVE this site. I was almost going to when people were being mean on the forums but that was short lived, people encouraged me to stay.

It's just sad that's all as this is turning into my vice. As soon as I finish gym I log on the way home :wink:

I do this too :blushing: on the tram home!

Tram home .... you must be a Melbourne girl!!!!

yes! Born n raised in NZ but have lived in Melbourne for 18 months now!

Melbourne girl here too :-) Born and bred on the Mornington Peninsula!

I love it down there so pretty!

oh I love Mornington! My sis and I used to always go see bands there (then she moved back to Bris :( )
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member

it's on late at night babe just search for it using the red button on your foxtel remote 'I used to be fat' or 'I was fat'

Hey you didn't catch the Bachelor last night did you? I am dying to talk to someone about it but my work peeps are like 'laaaaaaame dude' hahaha :ohwell: :sad:

I'll search it tonight, thanks :-)

Didn't see the Bachelor - unfortunately my reality tv guilty pleasures have to be recorded and watched when my hubby is out of the house, otherwise they just get interrupted by his *****ing about reality tv lol!
  • melb_alex

I'll search it tonight, thanks :-)

Didn't see the Bachelor - unfortunately my reality tv guilty pleasures have to be recorded and watched when my hubby is out of the house, otherwise they just get interrupted by his *****ing about reality tv lol!

hahahah guys hate reality hahaha! Please watch it! It was on at 8:30 and 10:30 and report back. I want your opinion on Courtney. She is the most hated person in America right now* BUT for some reason I loved her!

*subject to change
  • Pearlyladybug
    This post really got off topic hahahah sorry guys!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Ok I'll watch tonight ... He has basketball tonight so I should have some uninterrupted reality tv time :-)
  • melb_alex
    Ok I'll watch tonight ... He has basketball tonight so I should have some uninterrupted reality tv time :-)

awesome it was REALLY good :) report back to me tomorrow hahah :)
  • melb_alex
    This post really got off topic hahahah sorry guys!
    '

haha it was my fault!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    I think people come here with good intentions, aren't ready to commit and get sucked into the social aspect. As we all know, it's addictive and perhaps they have a hard time separating reality.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    I think people come here with good intentions, aren't ready to commit and get sucked into the social aspect. As we all know, it's addictive and perhaps they have a hard time separating reality.

I thought we were real :(
  • I think people come here with good intentions, aren't ready to commit and get sucked into the social aspect. As we all know, it's addictive and perhaps they have a hard time separating reality.

You're far from plastic
    Talk about getting blasted
    I hate these blurred lines

Sorry, now I'm dancing.
  • NormInv

You're far from plastic
    Talk about getting blasted
    I hate these blurred lines

Sorry, now I'm dancing.

there she is! :)
  • 2stepscloser

Oh we are sweetie! Hence my selective FL...there are no blurred lines. ;)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    I think it has a lot to do with people not wanting a reminder of what they couldn't do. Of course, this does not apply to everyone, but I know that when I slacked off during weight watchers, I was too embarrassed to keep going back to the meetings. I think it is similar with MFP. If you're not ready for the commitment, having the account still active might make you uncomfortable.
  • Oh we are sweetie! Hence my selective FL...there are no blurred lines. ;)
    Quit saying blurred lines....I have to get up and shake it every time. :laugh:
  • NormInv
    Quit saying blurred lines....I have to get up and shake it every time. :laugh:

LOL....
  • NormInv

selective - you got a concubine of men in there!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Depends. There are A LOT of underage and pro-anorexia/bulimia people on here that get reported and deleted by the mods. If they're not that, then the things the other posters have mentioned are all very true.

hey actually I agree with that. There was a girl that recorded her progess with 'self harming' and I almost cried when I saw her profile as she requested me. She was thin as but punished herself by reducing her calories etc and other mechanisms. I couldn't do it I deleted her. She had supporters but that is taking it too far. I hope she pulls through though and good luck to her.

If you ever see this, please please PLEASE take a moment to report it to the mods. The proana *kitten* is out of control but they do very well at responding to the profiles, groups, thread, etc that they are aware of. They delete them automatically. Those people do NOT need MFP and MFP sure as hell does not need them. Same with underage kids. Whether you're here for a "good reason" or not, it's so much better to keep it 18+. It tends to cut down the other bull$hit.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member

So... what you are saying is I need to move to where you guys live... gotcha, boarding a plane now.

Haha I totally agree about Aussies being beautiful, and am sooooo afraid I'll look like a hideous troll when I (hopefully) visit in August! :( especially since I still won't be anywhere close to my goal weight...

And, I also love "I Used to be Fat". Cool show
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    It's because people are tired of walking a dog that they do not own.

LOL sooooo true!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dog but I exercise ( walk) alone so what's up with that? or the fact that jogging is only seen as fast walking. Well excuse me , but at 3.5 and 4.0 mph I am jogging hunny!
  • bregalad5

LOL sooooo true!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dog but I exercise ( walk) alone so what's up with that? or the fact that jogging is only seen as fast walking. Well excuse me , but at 3.5 and 4.0 mph I am jogging hunny!

I made my own little entries that just say "Walk" and "Run"
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member

I made my own little entries that just say "Walk" and "Run"
    cool, i'll try it
  • 2stepscloser

selective - you got a concubine of men in there!

Now now Norm. You aren't being very nice.
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328

So... what you are saying is I need to move to where you guys live... gotcha, boarding a plane now.

Haha I totally agree about Aussies being beautiful, and am sooooo afraid I'll look like a hideous troll when I (hopefully) visit in August! :( especially since I still won't be anywhere close to my goal weight...

And, I also love "I Used to be Fat". Cool show

Bregalad, funny you say that - i'm going to l.a and vegas in August and i'm from australia and i'm freaking out that everyone is going to be beautiful and glamorous and i'm going to look hideously frumpy haha!
  • bregalad5
    Bregalad, funny you say that - i'm going to l.a and vegas in August and i'm from australia and i'm freaking out that everyone is going to be beautiful and glamorous and i'm going to look hideously frumpy haha!

Haha! I've never been to LA or Vegas (someday), but I'm sure you'll be fine :) Guess we'll be switching countries, if my plans go through? :P I just hope I'll look ok in a swimsuit...